RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
This is a recent comment from The Deluca Family by HopesGaming thread: "I mean, if people taked it so well is not because of them but because of you. IMO the reason why those others devs get so much hate is because they don't give explanations for the delays (or even make development updates) or don't interact with the community. If they did things a little more like you they wouldn't get so much critizism...". This game was last released December 2nd (only around a month after this game was last released), and the thread is much less negative. On top of that, the developer has a public discord, so that he can interact with the public. I'm not asking you @ALISHIA to make your discord public, or respond to blatant hate comments, I'm just asking that if possible you please talk to us a little bit more here. I know I'm not a patron, and neither are a lot of people here, but you do release your game to the public (and you don't seem like the kind of developer to only care about financial support), and I hope you will talk with us directly a little bit to give us some hope here. There are a shockingly low amount of futa games out there: I am currently only following this game, Captain Lance, toffisama's new game, and Lust City (but it looks like translation isn't going so well), and Succubus Tales <but the game is not all futa>. Just say "Hey, the game is around x% finished", it doesn't even need to be a high number, just so we have a better idea of what's going on. Or if you don't want to talk to the public here, please provide a place to do so if it is within your power.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
@WhoreGhost I appreciate the thought, but please delete the discord link. It's intended for patrons, and while I would like to join, I'm not going to unless she makes it publicly available. It's hidden behind a patreon post, and I feel like it's going to cause a lot of problems if non-patrons start joining. But since you are clearly a patron, I hope that you enjoy the discord, and thanks for supporting her.

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
@WhoreGhost I appreciate the thought, but please delete the discord link. It's intended for patrons, and while I would like to join, I'm not going to unless she makes it publicly available. It's hidden behind a patreon post, and I feel like it's going to cause a lot of problems if non-patrons start joining. But since you are clearly a patron, I hope that you enjoy the discord, and thanks for supporting her.
I'm pretty sure you can lock a discord server so that only people who are supporting the developer and also have their discord account linked to their patreon account can join and that doesn't seem to be the case so unless she does that anybody who wants to join can do just that.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
@thomasxlong I don't know then, maybe @ALISHIA doesn't know about that feature? I want to believe you're right, but it just seems like if she wanted it to be publicly available, it wouldn't be behind a patron only post. Hopefully she'll chime in on this topic.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Either way, according Alishia herself in the private discord, there is not even a release date in sight. She is still working on character models.
So let me remind you -
the last version of the game was released in Ocotober 2018
the next update was initially scheduled for December
then it was postponed to January...
(No reason was given, afaik)

1552496830120.png

ALISHIA

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2017
I'm not really against non-patrons on my server but I would like to control the amount of people going in here to keep it modest. I'm really shy and I feel anxious when there are too many people with which I need to communicate. That's why I try to make my discord talk more non-official and to be honest too many people will ruin it.
Also it would be sort of strange if there were more non-patrons than patrons. At the end of the day I've made it to communicate with my patrons so they can see that I'm working and I'm not dead, because I owe them this.
You can DM me if you think that you really NEED an invite, thank you for understanding.

ALISHIA

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To be honest that's why I'm really inactive here on f95. Granted that's constructive criticism about deadlines but yeah. I'm working. I don't really know what reason I need to state when saying that I'm not going to release anything without making me look desperate for pity attention at the same time.
And what's the problem with making young Lisa model to make a few renders of her to use them as photos in some locations? I really don't understand why you need to bring this up like it should make me look worse, as like I'm not doing anything.
But yeah, you are all right that my release schedule is fucked and I'm really bad at this, I really don't know what to do about all of this other than continue working and trying not to take it too close to heart.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
@ALISHIA No, your discord was intended for your patrons and I don't want to intrude on that. My only point was that you're a great developer and a nice person, and I wish you would communicate with the public more. I understand your point that if there isn't really anything to say other than "I'm still working", then there isn't a point to say anything, but I personally would argue that it would be nice to hear anything from you. I'm not your patron, and you have no obligation to do so, but it can't hurt for me to request it. I had no intention of causing you any offense, so I would like to apologize if I did.

Reactions: sadtrade

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
I'm glad to see your reply after so long. :)

I don't really know what reason I need to state when saying that I'm not going to release anything without making me look desperate for pity attention at the same time.
You don't have to give precise reasons and you would have gotten a grace period (at least from me) if you would have at least come up and said something... Give a signal of life. I had no idea if you are even reading people's frustration. For all I know you could have gone on vacation. It made me feel disregarded and as if my support (moral and financial) was worthless to you.
If I'm paying, I'd like to know what's up. What are you up to? Were you busy this week and couldn't get any work done?
That's fine, shit happens. Did you make new renders or interface improvements? That's cool.

But there was no one there. I felt like I was ripped off.

And what's the problem with making young Lisa model to make a few renders of her to use them as photos in some locations? I really don't understand why you need to bring this up like it should make me look worse, as like I'm not doing anything.
Let me reiterate, more clearly this time - When you give a date, we anticipate. When you postpone, we understand.
But given the proximity of those dates to each other, and the previous update, we are led to believe there isn't much more work left to be done.

But when you just stop mentioning dates after already postponing, and give a few sparse updates about "rendering Lisa" after 6 months we are only left to wonder... What was done so far then? Were you ever really close? Was there a change of plans? We wish to be a part of the process, otherwise we wouldn't have committed to the project through patreon. Because we care.

So yeah, when there's a lack of communication and only vague information, we are indeed left to feel that way.

I love your work, your attention to detail and aesthetic. All the more reason for people to be disappointed. <3
This is a good step. I hope we'll hear more from you and more often. Glad to have you back Alishia. :D

Have a pizza as a treat

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
To be honest that's why I'm really inactive here on f95. Granted that's constructive criticism about deadlines but yeah. I'm working. I don't really know what reason I need to state when saying that I'm not going to release anything without making me look desperate for pity attention at the same time.
But yeah, you are all right that my release schedule is fucked and I'm really bad at this, I really don't know what to do about all of this other than continue working and trying not to take it too close to heart.
A lot of developers have started including progress bars of some sort. Luxee has a count of scenes rendered out of estimated scenes for the release. And DarkCookie has seperate bars marking the progress of writing, coding, and art for each update of Summertime Saga. Something like that would hopefully show signs of progress without requiring too much interaction with people for your comfort. Maybe even just a list of what needs to be done that gets labeled "Finished" or struck through when complete. e.g.

Character Behavior: Finished
GUI
Location Backgrounds
Scene Renders: In Progress

I'm glad to see your reply after so long. :)

You don't have to give precise reasons and you would have gotten a grace period (at least from me) if you would have at least come up and said something... Give a signal of life. I had no idea if you are even reading people's frustration. For all I know you could have gone on vacation. It made me feel disregarded and as if my support (moral and financial) was worthless to you.
If I'm paying, I'd like to know what's up. What are you up to? Were you busy this week and couldn't get any work done?
That's fine, shit happens. Did you make new renders or interface improvements? That's cool.

But there was no one there. I felt like I was ripped off.

Let me reiterate, more clearly this time - When you give a date, we anticipate. When you postpone, we understand.
But given the proximity of those dates to each other, and the previous update, we are led to believe there isn't much more work left to be done.

But when you just stop mentioning dates after already postponing, and give a few sparse updates about "rendering Lisa" after 6 months we are only left to wonder... What was done so far then? Were you ever really close? Was there a change of plans? We wish to be a part of the process, otherwise we wouldn't have committed to the project through patreon. Because we care.

So yeah, when there's a lack of communication and only vague information, we are indeed left to feel that way.

I love your work, your attention to detail and aesthetic. All the more reason for people to be disappointed. <3
This is a good step. I hope we'll hear more from you and more often. Glad to have you back Alishia. :D

Have a pizza as a treat
We had this conversation a month ago. There was information posted in December of what needed to be done and updates at each deadline letting people know it wasn't ready yet. It's not like Alishia just stopped posting for 6 months. Nor has it been 6 months since the deadline was first given, let alone since it was missed in December. At worst February didn't get an update it should have, but we did get word from the discord about what's done and what's being worked on. Constantly complaining that it's not enough will only pressure Alishia until the game does get dropped.

Reactions: DJsona

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Thank you for letting us know you're alive and still working on it. I personally am of the opinion that when you're ready, you're ready, and not a minute sooner. Yes, we get impatient; yes, we grumble; but if you simply pop in every so often and say "hey! still working!" then I'll be happy to wait. (I work the same way, it's just me, with an older gfx card, so renders take FOREVER for me...)

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes