ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
@thomasxlong I don't know then, maybe @ALISHIA doesn't know about that feature? I want to believe you're right, but it just seems like if she wanted it to be publicly available, it wouldn't be behind a patron only post. Hopefully she'll chime in on this topic.
if she doesn't know discord's features, she shouldn't have made a discord channel. just like how she shouldn't have started making a game and taking people's money if she didn't know how to properly handle that, either. it seems to me that this dev has a lot to learn, and it's all stuff she could have taught herself had she taken some time to pay attention to other devs and situations that were already going on before her. maybe if she would have taken more time into creating her game on her own before deciding to try to gouge people for small, uninspired, and unpredictable content updates each step of the way, she wouldn't be getting so much backlash now? just a thought.

she's still getting over a thousand bucks a month for nothing though, so hey, clearly some people are happy. what do i know?

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
From what I've gathered and inferred I think I have a rough idea of what the steps involved in the game's production, and why it's taking as long as it is. First the game's episode has to be written out, and as you can see, there is a lot to be written out. Then all of that text has to be translated into English. Then the sprites, backgrounds, and scenes need to be modeled in Daz and rendered, and if I'm remembering correctly, Alishia then touches up the images in image editing software. Then all of that needs to be coded in. Then things need to be proofread, and tested. I think the thing that extends the timeline further would be the ambition. There are a lot of characters, several locations, and there are probably going to be a lot of scenes, and all of that takes more and more time. During the time of her last game, she said she was working a job and going to college while developing, and I would wager that she is still working a job at the least. This means that the game development is part time, like most adult developers. The only way to cut down the time would be to release the episode in parts, which may be a good idea; I don't know. It sucks waiting, but the thing to remember is that there is a lot that's going into this game for a small team. Not just this game either, most of the games I'm following take a while to update a significant amount of content, granted some of them do more, yet smaller, releases. Some examples being: Whorecraft, Starship Inanna, Kingdom of Deception, and Deathblight RPG. The thing that's upsetting to me is that I'd rather be waiting for the next release of HS (her first game), because I preferred that one (no disrespect to this game, just personal preference). But since this post didn't kill enough of my time, I'm gonna go look into getting cryogenically frozen for a while. I'll probably get thawed when Dragon Maid Season 2 comes out, and then it's back to the ice for Red Room episode 2.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
From what I've gathered and inferred I think I have a rough idea of what the steps involved in the game's production, and why it's taking as long as it is. First the game's episode has to be written out, and as you can see, there is a lot to be written out. Then all of that text has to be translated into English. Then the sprites, backgrounds, and scenes need to be modeled in Daz and rendered, and if I'm remembering correctly, Alishia then touches up the images in image editing software. Then all of that needs to be coded in. Then things need to be proofread, and tested. I think the thing that extends the timeline further would be the ambition. There are a lot of characters, several locations, and there are probably going to be a lot of scenes, and all of that takes more and more time. During the time of her last game, she said she was working a job and going to college while developing, and I would wager that she is still working a job at the least. This means that the game development is part time, like most adult developers. The only way to cut down the time would be to release the episode in parts, which may be a good idea; I don't know. It sucks waiting, but the thing to remember is that there is a lot that's going into this game for a small team. Not just this game either, most of the games I'm following take a while to update a significant amount of content, granted some of them do more, yet smaller, releases. Some examples being: Whorecraft, Starship Inanna, Kingdom of Deception, and Deathblight RPG. The thing that's upsetting to me is that I'd rather be waiting for the next release of HS (her first game), because I preferred that one (no disrespect to this game, just personal preference). But since this post didn't kill enough of my time, I'm gonna go look into getting cryogenically frozen for a while. I'll probably get thawed when Dragon Maid Season 2 comes out, and then it's back to the ice for Red Room episode 2.
Don't forget coding a behavior pattern so that NPC's travel to locations like real people, and don't bug out by getting stuck or being in the wrong location at the wrong time. An effort that took several releases to just get basic functionality in Glassix.

PS. If the otters have gone to war you've been frozen too long. If you meet a purple haired cyclops though you're in the best time line. Ride a T-Rex for me

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
To be honest that's why I'm really inactive here on f95. Granted that's constructive criticism about deadlines but yeah. I'm working. I don't really know what reason I need to state when saying that I'm not going to release anything without making me look desperate for pity attention at the same time.
And what's the problem with making young Lisa model to make a few renders of her to use them as photos in some locations? I really don't understand why you need to bring this up like it should make me look worse, as like I'm not doing anything.
But yeah, you are all right that my release schedule is fucked and I'm really bad at this, I really don't know what to do about all of this other than continue working and trying not to take it too close to heart.
Definitely kinder than other Game Developer's on here.

Filippa2000

Jun 22, 2017
I'm glad to see your reply after so long. :)

You don't have to give precise reasons and you would have gotten a grace period (at least from me) if you would have at least come up and said something... Give a signal of life. I had no idea if you are even reading people's frustration. For all I know you could have gone on vacation. It made me feel disregarded and as if my support (moral and financial) was worthless to you.
If I'm paying, I'd like to know what's up. What are you up to? Were you busy this week and couldn't get any work done?
That's fine, shit happens. Did you make new renders or interface improvements? That's cool.

But there was no one there. I felt like I was ripped off.

Let me reiterate, more clearly this time - When you give a date, we anticipate. When you postpone, we understand.
But given the proximity of those dates to each other, and the previous update, we are led to believe there isn't much more work left to be done.

But when you just stop mentioning dates after already postponing, and give a few sparse updates about "rendering Lisa" after 6 months we are only left to wonder... What was done so far then? Were you ever really close? Was there a change of plans? We wish to be a part of the process, otherwise we wouldn't have committed to the project through patreon. Because we care.

So yeah, when there's a lack of communication and only vague information, we are indeed left to feel that way.

I love your work, your attention to detail and aesthetic. All the more reason for people to be disappointed. <3
This is a good step. I hope we'll hear more from you and more often. Glad to have you back Alishia. :D

Have a pizza as a treat
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I liked for the pizza

Filippa2000

Jun 22, 2017
This is a recent comment from The Deluca Family by HopesGaming thread: "I mean, if people taked it so well is not because of them but because of you. IMO the reason why those others devs get so much hate is because they don't give explanations for the delays (or even make development updates) or don't interact with the community. If they did things a little more like you they wouldn't get so much critizism...". This game was last released December 2nd (only around a month after this game was last released), and the thread is much less negative. On top of that, the developer has a public discord, so that he can interact with the public. I'm not asking you @ALISHIA to make your discord public, or respond to blatant hate comments, I'm just asking that if possible you please talk to us a little bit more here. I know I'm not a patron, and neither are a lot of people here, but you do release your game to the public (and you don't seem like the kind of developer to only care about financial support), and I hope you will talk with us directly a little bit to give us some hope here. There are a shockingly low amount of futa games out there: I am currently only following this game, Captain Lance, toffisama's new game, and Lust City (but it looks like translation isn't going so well), and Succubus Tales <but the game is not all futa>. Just say "Hey, the game is around x% finished", it doesn't even need to be a high number, just so we have a better idea of what's going on. Or if you don't want to talk to the public here, please provide a place to do so if it is within your power.
Recommending The Deluca Family and the game isn't even futa HYPERDANSGAMEW

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I believe one has incest and the other has limited edition pictures in it but I could be wrong.

Filippa2000

Jun 22, 2017
Downloaded the game immediately after seeing screenshot of the mothers face. The models and lighting really are mostly exceptional.

Shame about everything else. I assume the futas are a result of russians having fragile masculinity and slow release schedule is because of communism.
Hopefully the modeler finds someone else to write/design the game with him.
Stop your conspiracy

Reactions: Futackerman

Ibrawar

Oct 19, 2017
Downloaded the game immediately after seeing screenshot of the mothers face. The models and lighting really are mostly exceptional.

Shame about everything else. I assume the futas are a result of russians having fragile masculinity and slow release schedule is because of communism.
Hopefully the modeler finds someone else to write/design the game with him.
l m a o

Reactions: proatbest

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
So which option won the poll?
As has already been pointed out in this thread, there are two winning options on the poll, one for Nina, and one for Mia.

The winning option for Nina is "Nina Lacation."

The winning option for Mia is "Kendra x Mia Jail NTR."

The images should be posted on Patreon within the next 24 hours, according to what Alishia said on Discord.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Alishia is aware of the constant delays and changed her patreon model to charge per release. If that's the case she didn't receive a dime since the first release.
What are you talking about? She didn't change her billing cycle. It's still a monthly charge.

So, yes, she has received a dime since the first release. She's received something slightly in excess of $4,000 since the first release.

I don't begrudge her and Elizabeth any of that money, though, provided that we get the next release very soon.

She can take all year to release the next update for all I care but the end result is what matter. So far she didn't disappoint with what she released.
You may not care if she takes all year for the next release, but a lot of vocal supporters of her and the game have stated frequently and loudly that they (we) feel differently about it. The end result does matter, of course, but so does some sort of release schedule. Does it need to be an update a month? No, definitely not. Should it be at least once per quarter? I think so, but I'd be willing to continue my support for bi-annual releases, provided that they were substantial releases.

What we've seen from Alishia and Elizabeth so far has been very promising, and I'm hoping that all of that promise will be fulfilled as the game continues to be developed and released. But we do need to see a release very soon, and I think that most of their supporters would agree.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes