TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Btw Alishis can take months but lets just hope the content is good. We're putting pressure too much, lets cool it down a bit.
We are not putting too much pressure on her. We do not need to cool anything down.

@ALISHIA DON'T HURRY, MAJORITY OF US WOULD RATHER WAIT AN EXTRA WEEK FOR GOOD UPDATES THAN HORRIBLE ONES.
Actually, she does need to hurry. Hopefully, an update will release soon.

Also, I'm not convinced that you speak for the majority on this, despite your using all caps.

Filippa2000

Jun 22, 2017
We are not putting too much pressure on her. We do not need to cool anything down.

Actually, she does need to hurry. Hopefully, an update will release soon.

Also, I'm not convinced that you speak for the majority on this, despite your using all caps.
Well leave if you don't like it

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Or I'll stay and speak my mind. You can leave if you don't like it, though. That's up to you.
@fried_
it makes me wonder why would anyone defend this developer to this point its obvious that the is game will never be completed after the 6 months wait of a release after the first update not even Dual Family did this

after the Holy Slave game its obvious that there will be a repeat of that game this game will probably get a couple of releases then it will be abandoned

i stopped caring about a release after 4 months has passed and having knowledge of what happen to the previous game

its common knowledge that most popular games that stay popular start releasing updates monthly or every other month the release date only increases after the 5th or 10th update

Reactions: Onysko and fried

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
@fried_
it makes me wonder why would anyone defend this developer...
Well, as someone who has defended this developer several times in this thread, and who will continue to defend this developer when I think that it's reasonable and fair to do so, I can explain my reasons.

First, I am fully convinced that Alishia and Elizabeth care about this project and want to see it through.

Second, it's my opinion, based on what I've seen so far, that Alishia and Elizabeth, as a team, have the writing skill, the imagination, and the artistic talent to provide us with an excellent and very erotic game.

Third, I'm inclined to believe that the trouble here is either A) that they have bitten off more than they can chew when it comes to the programming side of things, or B) they lack the self-discipline and organizational skills to be able to keep on schedule. If either of those things is true, it's a problem which can be solved.

I like this project, and I like Alishia. I hope that she and Elizabeth will manage to get their problems sorted out, whatever those problems may be, and will start showing some results. And if they can do that, then I will gladly continue to support them.

Reactions: fried and RHFlash

King Monkey Mon

May 16, 2017
Well, as someone who has defended this developer several times in this thread, and who will continue to defend this developer when I think that it's reasonable and fair to do so, I can explain my reasons.

First, I am fully convinced that Alishia and Elizabeth care about this project and want to see it through.

Second, it's my opinion, based on what I've seen so far, that Alishia and Elizabeth, as a team, have the writing skill, the imagination, and the artistic talent to provide us with an excellent and very erotic game.

Third, I'm inclined to believe that the trouble here is either A) that they have bitten off more than they can chew when it comes to the programming side of things, or B) they lack the self-discipline and organizational skills to be able to keep on schedule. If either of those things is true, it's a problem which can be solved.

I like this project, and I like Alishia. I hope that she and Elizabeth will manage to get their problems sorted out, whatever those problems may be, and will start showing some results. And if they can do that, then I will gladly continue to support them.
i like the story the renders and characters minus the racist bitch but i know whats obviously going to happen thats why im not on this thread that often

no game that is popular and has stayed popular has waited 6 months to release the second update after the first update has release

Holy Slave after the first update was released 3 months later was the second release then after that was a long wait and people questioned if it was abandoned or not 6-8 months later it was said it that was going to be put on hold 6 months later this game came out

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
i like the story the renders and characters minus the racist bitch but i know whats obviously going to happen thats why im not on this thread that often

no game that is popular and has stayed popular has waited 6 months to release the second update after the first update has release

Holy Slave after the first update was released 3 months later was the second release then after that was a long wait and people questioned if it was abandoned or not 6-8 months later it was said it that was going to be put on hold 6 months later this game came out
I understand your point, and I realize that this developer has done this before. Even so, while it's usually true, in a general sense, that history repeats itself, it's also often true, in specific cases, that the past is not an accurate predictor of the future. In this case, the developer has acknowledged the problem, and has taken some small steps to reassure the supporters, which means that this project is not necessarily doomed.

However, Alishia does have to do more than just acknowledge the problem. She also has to fix it. And small steps to reassure the supporters are really not enough, at this point.

So I continue to stand in the middle on this issue. I like the game, and I like the developer, and I'm still hopeful for the future. On the other hand, I'm not a fool or a sucker, and I'm not going to make excuses for what has so far been a very serious failure to deliver. And I also won't go on pouring money into supporting a developer who might never fulfill her potential. At this point, I'm continuing my Pope Tier pledge on Patreon, but if I don't see an update by the end of April, I'm going to cancel it.

Reactions: fried and RHFlash

King Monkey Mon

May 16, 2017
I understand your point, and I realize that this developer has done this before. Even so, while it's usually true, in a general sense, that history repeats itself, it's also often true, in specific cases, that the past is not an accurate predictor of the future. In this case, the developer has acknowledged the problem, and has taken some small steps to reassure the supporters, which means that this project is not necessarily doomed.

However, Alishia does have to do more than just acknowledge the problem. She also has to fix it. And small steps to reassure the supporters are really not enough, at this point.

So I continue to stand in the middle on this issue. I like the game, and I like the developer, and I'm still hopeful for the future. On the other hand, I'm not a fool or a sucker, and I'm not going to make excuses for what has so far been a very serious failure to deliver. And I also won't go on pouring money into supporting a developer who might never fulfill her potential. At this point, I'm continuing my Pope Tier pledge on Patreon, but if I don't see an update by the end of April, I'm going to cancel it.
i really hope there will be an update but im just not holding my breath anymore after 4 months of just pictures

i dont even know if there was show of progress which is why i said there should be a progress bar like how Summer Time Saga and Milfy City have

if i am going to be honest i wouldnt support someone if they have a monthly payment instead of a per update payment and 6 months of no update but that is just me

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I don't count the 1.1 "second release" for much because it was just a lead in for episode 2. I remember when that game was first released at the end of August 2017. Then, in January 31st it was posted on her patreon that: "Right now ~75-80% of scenes are done, but some of them are not rendered yet". Now let's assume that one episode of HS is roughly equivalent to one version of the Red Room. So if 75% of the scenes were completed in 5 months, then 75%/5 months = 15% episode completion per month (80%/5 months = 16%). On the low end (100/15), it would have taken, by estimation, 6.67 (six and 2/3) months to complete the scenes for an episode, but we'll just add up to a remaining 7 months for coding and testing, and etc. <On the high end (100/16), we get six and a quarter months, which is a negligible difference>. Now we could assume that development time would be shortened due to the past experience, but then we would probably have to raise it again due to adding in RPG elements. So statistically, it takes 7 months for an update to come through. Since the Red Room v0.1 was released publicly on November 10th, we are most likely looking at a June 10th to late June release date, assuming coding and translation are worked on at the same time as rendering. Granted there are some unknown factors that could shorten this, like an episode of the Red Room being shorter than an episode of HS, or that her new equipment is really going to amp down rendering time, but at the best case we can cross off a month of time, and set the new release to May 10 to late May (which isn't very likely). These are just the numbers I have to work with and estimations, so keep that in mind and take it with a grain of salt. I don't like waiting, but I love the game and the developer's nice, so I'll keep following the thread and hoping for news.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I don't count the 1.1 "second release" for much because it was just a lead in for episode 2. I remember when that game was first released at the end of August 2017. Then, in January 31st it was posted on her patreon that: "Right now ~75-80% of scenes are done, but some of them are not rendered yet". Now let's assume that one episode of HS is roughly equivalent to one version of the Red Room. So if 75% of the scenes were completed in 5 months, then 75%/5 months = 15% episode completion per month (80%/5 months = 16%). On the low end (100/15), it would have taken, by estimation, 6.67 (six and 2/3) months to complete the scenes for an episode, but we'll just add up to a remaining 7 months for coding and testing, and etc. <On the high end (100/16), we get six and a quarter months, which is a negligible difference>. Now we could assume that development time would be shortened due to the past experience, but then we would probably have to raise it again due to adding in RPG elements. So statistically, it takes 7 months for an update to come through. Since the Red Room v0.1 was released publicly on November 10th, we are most likely looking at a June 10th to late June release date, assuming coding and translation are worked on at the same time as rendering. Granted there are some unknown factors that could shorten this, like an episode of the Red Room being shorter than an episode of HS, or that her new equipment is really going to amp down rendering time, but at the best case we can cross off a month of time, and set the new release to May 10 to late May (which isn't very likely). These are just the numbers I have to work with and estimations, so keep that in mind and take it with a grain of salt. I don't like waiting, but I love the game and the developer's nice, so I'll keep following the thread and hoping for news.
If they don't deliver something at least the size like 1 of the updates of Milfy City it is pointless to even talking about.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Calculations.
Your calculations are irrelevant. Alishia specifically mentioned one of the reasons she switched to RR over Holy Slaves was because it would be easier to release monthly content due to the way the game would work and be set up.

Reactions: fried

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
if there aint no update by april im cancelling my patronage as well. i love the potential of this game but this has gotten downright stupid. what exactly is my money going to at this point? a still image a month?

it would probably even be fine if there were actual updates to keep fans up to speed, like many other developers do, but literal months of silence is just not very professional when youre developing something crowdfunded.

i just cannot comprehend what is taking so long. writers block?

Reactions: fried

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Alishia posted on Discord a couple of hours ago, saying that she's expecting to release the next update at the end of April or beginning of May. She also said that, after that, she's hoping to get into a rhythm of releasing updates every 1.5 months.

If she releases the update by the end of April, I'll keep my pledge going. I'm hopeful that she and Elizabeth will be able to build up some momentum for this project if they can hit a couple of deadlines.

Terribleman69

Jul 31, 2017
End of April to early May?Damn I was expecting an update in a few days or at least early April.Well likewise,if the update is actually delivered then I'm gonna bite the bullet and support her on patreon.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes