BigBabs69

Mar 3, 2017
How does her mom look like she's wearing a bald cap and a wig at the same time? >.>
Also if Mia is mixed how does her mom look exactly like her,wouldn't they have different complexions,or are they somehow the same mix...or clones...I'm probably overthinking it,but whichever the reason I can't really complain about a twin set of them tig ol' bitties :love:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
The thet police futa really think the protagonist is a whore or samonelse? I think she can serch other way forspeak to the protagonist, mabye gone to take a drink or samthinelce (sorry for my don good english, I'm Italian), I think she can act like friend don blackmailing her girlfriend. Or she really think the protagonst is slut?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The Offcuts school of development.

Rather than release an update after keeping your fans waiting for over half a year, release a few pictures, distract them with the shiny.

What shocks me is people fall for it.

If I knew development was that easy i'd have started years ago. No need to do any actual work, release a few good looking renders and people lap that shit up.
You probably have no idea but that was invented by Eromancer.He was releasing a render here and there the last 30+months.
Despite the fact that last update of Malise and the Machine is from september 2016,he still have almost 1000 patrons and is making almost 5000$

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
ALISHIA I may be misunderstanding here but maybe something that could be done to speed up development time is to put those "exclusive monthly images/scenes" in the game. This is a quote from patreon: "+ Vote for character and scene with other "pope" tier patrons, and get an exclusive image monthly!". I mean there's probably like 6 or 7 of those by now, so if those can each by used for a cg scene, then that's enough for an update probably. I'm grasping at straws here. Another suggestion is a little harder to explain, and it could be an unpopular opinion, but it seems like DAZ developers always feel the need to render a lot more of their scenes than the norm. Normally in a visual novel, you'll have a background, and then sprites are displayed over it, and cg images are displayed generally at sex scenes or at a few select events. But with DAZ games, it seems like a bunch more scenes have the characters rendered into the scene interacting with each other. I mean it's cool and it looks good, but is it really worth the extra development time? Like take this scene for example: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2018/11/182609_1_3.png, I mean it looks absolutely gorgeous, but for the time and effort it takes, maybe it would have been better to just lay those three's character sprites over a background and describe the scene. That effort could have been enough to make a cg sex scene for the game. Maybe these scenes are worth getting cut so we can play the game. If anyone is familiar with DAZ, maybe they can correct me if these scenes don't actually take much time or effort, but for now I'm assuming that they do.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
From what I can gather, scene rendering isn't the issue here. I think those scenes also set the game apart from its competitors, and the way you describe sounds amateurish (not that I'm calling any game dev "professional").

Also, the only pope tier images at this point are Kendra forcing herself on Sasha (could be used, but too early I think), Kendra groping/HJ'ing MC (could be used, but maybe a bit too early), Nina+Lisa sex ed for MC (way too early) and a continuation of the prison scene where Kendra fucks Mia (will be used, but in a kind of dream/fantasy sequence). And Nina's lactation, which I guess can be used?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
ALISHIA... Another suggestion is a little harder to explain, and it could be an unpopular opinion, but it seems like DAZ developers always feel the need to render a lot more of their scenes than the norm. Normally in a visual novel, you'll have a background, and then sprites are displayed over it, and cg images are displayed generally at sex scenes or at a few select events. But with DAZ games, it seems like a bunch more scenes have the characters rendered into the scene interacting with each other. I mean it's cool and it looks good, but is it really worth the extra development time? ...
From what I can gather, scene rendering isn't the issue here. I think those scenes also set the game apart from its competitors, and the way you describe sounds amateurish (not that I'm calling any game dev "professional").
Based on statements made by Alishia, renders aren't what's been holding things up, as TheMagister suggested. The issue seems to be with planning and coding locations and working out branches for the story. It has been hinted that there have been some rewrites going on, as well (not of material in the demo, but material for the unreleased update). All of which, of course, should not be taking nearly as long as it has been, but some of us continue to hope for positive change in that area.

I also agree that the very high level of visual polish in this game is one of the things which distinguishes it. I wouldn't say that the other method is in any way amateurish. It's merely a time and effort saving device. But I think that it would detract from this game. The rendered scenes, both characters and backgrounds, in this game are simply gorgeous, and I wouldn't want to see that phased out of future updates.

I've heard that working on the game also speeds up development time.
This idea is simply too radical. It will never catch on.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I also agree that the very high level of visual polish in this game is one of the things which distinguishes it. I wouldn't say that the other method is in any way amateurish. It's merely a time and effort saving device. But I think that it would detract from this game. The rendered scenes, both characters and backgrounds, in this game are simply gorgeous, and I wouldn't want to see that phased out of future updates.
I do agree that going through the effort does make the game better. I had originally thought that image creation was what could have been holding the game up.

Based on statements made by Alishia, renders aren't what's been holding things up, as TheMagister suggested. The issue seems to be with planning and coding locations and working out branches for the story. It has been hinted that there have been some rewrites going on, as well (not of material in the demo, but material for the unreleased update). All of which, of course, should not be taking nearly as long as it has been, but some of us continue to hope for positive change in that area.
I've heard that working on the game also speeds up development time.
But yeah, if rendering isn't the problem though then following through with my suggestion would be pretty pointless.

What are you guys thinking at this point? Do you guys think an update is coming soon or do you think we are still far away from one? Is there anything on discord or anywhere? It looks like the last news update was around June 6th, so is there like a roadmap or an explanation of what she's currently working on or something?

Reactions: Cesspool

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
In the most recent Patreon post (and on Discord) she stated she aims to release it in June but was already doubting it could be done. Me and someone else on Patreon urged her to release it anyway, because you can keep polishing things forever. You'll always find some render you can improve or some scene you could rewrite,... . If her intent is to make this a fully released game, she just has to release 0.2 and move on, and maybe go back to it later. Other people told her to take her time and release something she's happy with. No idea which side "won", in that sense.

Reactions: RHFlash

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
What are you guys thinking at this point? Do you guys think an update is coming soon or do you think we are still far away from one? Is there anything on discord or anywhere? It looks like the last news update was around June 6th, so is there like a roadmap or an explanation of what she's currently working on or something?
Some of us think that an update may be coming soon. Some of us think that an update is coming eventually. Some of us think that no update will ever arrive. You'll have to decide what you think is most likely, and act accordingly. At least it can be said that no one is paying any money at this point, since Alishia's Patreon billing has been suspended until the next update releases.

There hasn't been any news on Patreon since Alishia's last post, which was made on June 5th, but there has been activity on the Discord server since then. On June 7th, I posted a couple of videos which featured advice from game designers and artists on how to streamline and speed up the artistic and development processes. Myself and a couple of other people also posted some criticisms and/or words of encouragement. Alishia replied on the 14th, saying that she had found the videos and people's comments to be both helpful and inspiring, but she still wasn't willing to tie herself down to a specific release date.

And that's roughly where we are now. I'm personally inclined to think that it won't be too much longer before the next update releases, especially given that Alishia and Elizabeth won't be receiving any more funding from the patrons until that happens, which should be a strong incentive for them.

In the most recent Patreon post (and on Discord) she stated she aims to release it in June but was already doubting it could be done. Me and someone else on Patreon urged her to release it anyway, because you can keep polishing things forever. You'll always find some render you can improve or some scene you could rewrite,... . If her intent is to make this a fully released game, she just has to release 0.2 and move on, and maybe go back to it later. Other people told her to take her time and release something she's happy with. No idea which side "won", in that sense.
I was the "someone else." I also can't tell you which side won, if, indeed, there was a winner.

Reactions: RHFlash

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Can we expect 0.2 before 2020?

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
lol i checked the thread a few months ago and you guys were so defensive and saying "a new version is coming soon ok, stop saying he's scamming us!". here we are in june and still no update, will you finally admit you got scammed by this dude already?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
lol i checked the thread a few months ago and you guys were so defensive and saying "a new version is coming soon ok, stop saying he's scamming us!". here we are in june and still no update, will you finally admit you got scammed by this dude already?
Which dude? The developer and writer for this game are both females.

And no, I still don't buy that this was ever a scam.

Has Alishia done a terrible job of meeting her deadlines? Yes. Has she taken eight months to complete an amount of work (Not that she has completed it yet.) which she should have been able to complete in two months, or, at the most, three months? Yes. Is there any guarantee that we're close to seeing an update? No, not really.

But I really don't see someone who's running a scam making the choice to stop taking money until the promised update is produced. As a general rule, if you're running a scam, you want to keep taking the money as long as there are still people willing to pay, and still time to get the hell out of Dodge before the cops grab you. With Alishia voluntarily suspending billing on Patreon until the promised update is released, I'm fairly confident that this isn't a scam. It's just a case of a developer who really needs to learn proper time management, needs to understand the importance of meeting deadlines, and needs to adopt the "fail faster" approach.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes