TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
All i'm saying is don't get over excited, this is all the same shit she said to us when Holy Slaves was delayed just before she abandoned it.
I'm not one for getting over excited.

Nor am I one for assuming that the past dictates the future. History does tend to repeat itself, yes, but only when people don't learn from it. I'll wait and see what happens.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
If game making was your occupation [she really hasn't been involved that long] - then giving away X months of your pay isn't really a sound business proposition.
Again, I don't think this is a scam, but I can see how people would come to that conclusion. She released one version back in November, then collected patreon revenue for six months with nothing to show for it, then turned off billing so that when people come here saying it's a scam, everyone jumps in saying "she turned off billing though". It's a move to gain trust, and therefore, a good business move. I think what happened is she bit off more than she can chew. Immediately after cancelling her first game she decides "let's try making a game that's even harder to make", while working a job and going to college. She kind of had to expect people reacting this way at this point. There's no progress bar, and no measurable sign of progress, so of course people are going to think it's a money scam. I personally think it's incompetence/not very serious development to blame, but I can't blame anyone for thinking it's a scam, because she isn't helping her case very much. Her updates are never "This month I got these cgs done, and this amount of coding done", it's "Sorry I haven't been communicating, but I'm making small progress, and excuses (x,y,z)". I mean you're an adult, you can only say "sorry for my absence" so many times before it becomes evident that you're not fucking sorry. I mean for fuck's sake, it's been 9 fucking months, would it kill you to show us a fucking progress bar, or some specific measure of progress? I want to defend you here, but you've made it impossible.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
would it kill you to show us a fucking progress bar,
The only way she could turn it around in her favour would be show actual work. I don't mean renders I mean video evidence of an actual update.

A progress bar means less than nothing if the progress is fabricated.

I'll hold my hand up and say I don't believe any work is being done at all. I firmly believe this will end up the same as holy Slaves and get dropped. The devs haven't give me cause to believe otherwise. Nothing they have done is any different to the first time around and so far all they have shown are a few pictures and excuses.

What interests me is just how many people are going to get suckered in for their 3rd attempt. I'd love to say no one but people said their second attempt wouldn't work yet here we are, the second attempt, full of excuses and delays and people still trying to defend them.

Doesn't need to be long term to be a scam either. They collected money on this for, what, 6 months roughly and did the same with Holy Slaves. So that's close to 12 months at a few thousand a pop for basically doing nothing. Could be they were saving up for something and needed a few extra thousand, could be a holiday was funded, who knows.

Now i'm not saying it is/was a scam. I'm just saying they collected quite a chunk of change for nothing given back.

It could be you are right and she got in over her head but who knows. The only facts I have are they already abandoned one game and took money from people there and so far here it's been the exact same pattern.

We'll see what happens in the next 6-7 weeks.

Last edited:

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Immediately after cancelling her first game she decides "let's try making a game that's even harder to make"
Not really. The entire point of making RR instead of HS was that it would be much easier to put out content; in a sandbox game you can link several events together more easily, in a linear narrative-driven game EVERYTHING has to make sense from a narrative viewpoint. It's probably also much easier to create branching story-paths in a sandbox game as opposed to a linear, narrative game.

realsmasher

Mar 8, 2018
I love it when i look back into this thread every 3-4 weeks :ROFLMAO:
What a goddamn shitshow.
Her game development is worse than EA, by now i'm questioning myself how she even managed to get two 0.1 games done.
If its in her interest to save the last bits of her dignity she should just release renders.

Do we even know Alisha is "she"? Could just be a clever guy who perfected the cash cow milking / bait & delay strategy.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Do we even know Alisha is "she"? Could just be a clever guy who perfected the cash cow milking / bait & delay strategy.
This is the internet. Unless you do some serious digging, anyone can be just about anyone. Alishia says that she's a female and a lesbian. You can believe her or not believe her. I don't really see that it matters, one way or the other.

Reactions: RHFlash

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
("It's a scam!") Heh. Now, let me tell all you young'ins the tale of MamaBliss. Half her work was ripped from the phantasmagoria of syphilitic cannibal-lepers, but damnit, people wanted that in their lives. The other half was "p good," and there was a fair amount of it, but now she's sitting on a bundle of cash from commissions she hasn't thought about in over four years. I just checked now and she's making $27 per month on a Patreon page with 3 (three) posts.

eqzitara

Jul 21, 2017
Man, you guys are crazy. I am out.

I am literally staring at two different people who post at least bi-weekly essays with the.. "I'm not saying its a scam" - all I am saying is she is a scammer until proven otherwise. Shit or get off the pot.

Knocking it off my alerts - hopefully I see when it gets updated.

P.S: Also, calling it a money scam - Your math skills are terrible. This isn't "Milfy City" - Collecting 6-7 months of donations in man hours it took to make even that episode of game she maybe hit minimum wage. Combined with renders made for donator/ patreon exclusive renders/ rewards/ Maybe liscensing of models/clothing - and oh yea patreon eats like 10-15%....Come on. Making her out to be some kind of criminal mastermind lol.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017
And I thought lily of the valley had a long development cycle. It's a shame really the dev is quite talented, I understand nobody wants to work and get money but this is ridiculous.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes