4.00 star(s) 45 Votes

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Not sure if I'm stuck of have run into a bug. I've played this game before so I know the general flow, but it's been years. On this fresh playthru I got stuck on Claire's stuff super early. The quest log just shows:

"Claire's dilema - I should talk to Clarie about her affair with Sam. ACTIVE"
I did see her and Sam and pretty sure I got the picture, I'm getting the blackmail options with Sam, but nothing with her for some reason.
If I talk to her alone at the Cafe I get four options:
- I would like to eat something! I'm hungry
- What do you think of our relationship? [Not much to say, not optimistic, Like = 5 Dislike = 12]
- Small talk [Don't have much to say now]
- I'll see you later

If I go to the Cafe while they are both there I get this dialog:
"I guess they're being careful now..."

Talking to her with Sam their gives all the same options as when she's alone.
Talking to Sam he claims their rarely together.

If I talk to Sam while he's alone I get:
- What do you think of our relationship? [What relationship? We don't get along, Like = 0 Dislike = 77]
- I would like to eat something! I'm hungry
- Anything else about the job [Yeah, it's a bit tiring, I must say...]
- I have something to tell you about Cecilia [Give her sleeping pills]
- I have something to tell you about Claire [Option is there but clicking it does NOTHING]

If I hang around at the pool I can talk to Claire, but I just get the same options minus the buying food.

I've waited around for two days straight at the cafe looking for events.
I've talked to Claire every time she's at the pool.
I've looked for options with Cellila.

I got nothing...

To tell you how far in I am, I'm on Day 53 and I've done the conference. I tried the Melvin event but it was lack luster because I hadn't blackmailed her yet.

Is there a step not in the hint that I didn't do or did I break the quest somehow? Help...
My guess is that you weren't a complete asshole to her when you first spoke to her after catching them, there were 3 options if IRCC
  1. one forgives her (ends content with her for now since there is no nice content for her yet),
  2. One withhold judgement (also ends content for her in regard to the swimming pool IIRC... might still let you get a photoshoot with her, I don't know, I've never played that route since her photoshoot update)
  3. I forget the exact dialogue but it was judgemental (you screwed my best friends boyfriend), and allows you to molest her at the pool

techguy00

May 3, 2021
Nope, I definitely picked 3. I almost always picked the most asshole lines in the hole playthru.

EDIT: I do think I actually was nicer to her then I usually would be trying to get her to go to conference. So maybe it's I don't have enough dislikes, but I also can't see to get any more without console or hacking save.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Nope, I definitely picked 3. I almost always picked the most asshole lines in the hole playthru.

EDIT: I do think I actually was nicer to her then I usually would be trying to get her to go to conference. So maybe it's I don't have enough dislikes, but I also can't see to get any more without console or hacking save.
AFIAK the like/dislike count doesn't do much except give you an idea about what you've been doing (I've tried altering these values in the past with no noticeable effect). (the only exception that I know of is with Emma for getting her to switch to the sexier outfit)
I normally have a million likes with Clair because I spam the best meal for a few days (with an autoclicker) in the hopes that it will matter. So it definitely isn't because of your dislike count.

PS, using the reply button in the bottom right of a post, means the person you reply to is quoted and gets a notification that someone has responded to their post.

techguy00

May 3, 2021
AFIAK the like/dislike count doesn't do much except give you an idea about what you've been doing (I've tried altering these values in the past with no noticeable effect). (the only exception that I know of is with Emma for getting her to switch to the sexier outfit)
I normally have a million likes with Clair because I spam the best meal for a few days (with an autoclicker) in the hopes that it will matter. So it definitely isn't because of your dislike count.

PS, using the reply button in the bottom right of a post, means the person you reply to is quoted and gets a notification that someone has responded to their post.
Thanks. Yeah I tried to edit the dislike value with a save editor and there's some protection because it just returned to the previous value. Do you or anyone else know if there's a console command I use to trigger the next event in her quest and try and get back on track without replaying the whole game?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Thanks. Yeah I tried to edit the dislike value with a save editor and there's some protection because it just returned to the previous value. Do you or anyone else know if there's a console command I use to trigger the next event in her quest and try and get back on track without replaying the whole game?
I don't think you can, though the Dev (HorizonticalS) does drop by from time to time, maybe he'll tell you.
though there really isn't much content for her right now, maybe you could just play this "nice route to it's conclusion, tell us if it affects her photoshoot with Melvin. (it could be that you have only missed one scene in the pool where you make she show her tits.)

techguy00

May 3, 2021
I don't think you can, though the Dev (HorizonticalS) does drop by from time to time, maybe he'll tell you.
though there really isn't much content for her right now, maybe you could just play this "nice route to it's conclusion, tell us if it affects her photoshoot with Melvin. (it could be that you have only missed one scene in the pool where you make she show her tits.)
Yeah the pool scene was the one that stuck out in my mind.

I took your advise and just moved on. It's been years since I played last (probably '21) but I remember getting to do stuff with in the cafe with Melvin. Instead you use the xray glasses on her, she get's uncomfortable, kicks us both out and closes the cafe. Not too interesting. He also suggest to Melvin he may be able to get her to do stuff, but it doesn't appear any new options opened up. I'm 75% sure this is a bug since the quest log shows active with steps that don't exist and nothing else opend up after this scene either. I hope HorizonticalS see this and it helps.

Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah the pool scene was the one that stuck out in my mind.

I took your advise and just moved on. It's been years since I played last (probably '21) but I remember getting to do stuff with in the cafe with Melvin. Instead you use the xray glasses on her, she get's uncomfortable, kicks us both out and closes the cafe. Not too interesting. He also suggest to Melvin he may be able to get her to do stuff, but it doesn't appear any new options opened up. I'm 75% sure this is a bug since the quest log shows active with steps that don't exist and nothing else opend up after this scene either. I hope HorizonticalS see this and it helps.
Thanks for reporting back, I suspected that if you couldn't make her strip at the pool then the cafe/photoshoot would be blocked too, nice to have confirmation.

PsychoKayron

Aug 15, 2018

PsychoKayron

Aug 15, 2018
I played both android and pc version, also used joyplay that's where I got those screen shots, but none of them have this "question button" guess the dev took it off

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I played both android and pc version, also used joyplay that's where I got those screen shots, but none of them have this "question button" guess the dev took it off
I love the thought that the Dev took the day off on your one copy lol, have you tried playing past the introduction, the Hints (along with Day skip, Hour Skip and Phone) don't appear till you are in your office.
BTW the first thing you should do is go back the Audrey's office and unlocked a couple of key locations by asking her advice for a newcomer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PsychoKayron

Aug 15, 2018
I love the thought that the Dev took the day off on your one copy lol, have you tried playing past the introduction, the Hints (along with Day skip, Hour Skip and Phone) don't appear till you are in your office.
BTW the first thing you should do is go back the Audrey's office and unlocked a couple of key locations by asking her advice for a newcomer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again, wasn't talking about hints, I was asking about a cheating menu, have u seen the screen shots or everything else we were talking about?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Again, wasn't talking about hints, I was asking about a cheating menu, have u seen the screen shots or everything else we were talking about?
Yeah I saw them, and as I commented the various Icons don't show up till after the introduction (aka your screenshot), though I will admit I failed to absorb the text onscreen describing a "Question Mark", I don't recall seeing that ... might have been an early GUI feature that got remodeled (it might have been replaced by the Heart Icon that is just to the left of the "Hint" icon), I don't see it in my version either, I don't think there has ever been a "Cheat Menu" other that the options SonsOLiberty already showed you... other than that you have the LightHouse that I showed in my screen shot and a "Binary block" in the upper right corner when you are in street view (which are simple toggles).

4.00 star(s) 45 Votes