3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
The start of this game is better and more reasonable, than the original game A Goblin's Tale, which was abandoned unfortunately. Anyway, since it's a remake, even an improved one, I guess a lot of people expect more content than just the intro - after all the current version ends, when Vruk enters the human town and is invited for breakfeast. That's really not that much content... I guess, people would like to see new content, the continuation of the original game, instead of having added the old content in an improved way slowly and step by step to the game.
Can't the old scenes of the original game just be reused in this remake? Like this the improved new version of the game would reach the point where the original one was abandoned much faster and then add new content and move on with the story. Right now it feels very short compared to the original abandoned game. AnywayI'm happy that this game gets a rework by KilljoyTRV , who is doing a good job, otherwise this game would be dead.
The Rise of Vruk is not a remake of A Goblin's Tale. While they do share A LOT of things in common, the story is vastly different than AGT and the girl's personalities are going to be different also. No, I am not using many base renders as my artists are re-doing some of the old ones and creating new ones, hence the delay. I am the only Dev of this game and new at it to boot. I have to wait on renders, so it is going to be a slow creation. Not all of the content from AGT will be included as I do not want this game to be a copy of Pupsi's. A sister to it, yes. Remake? No. Anyway, Pupsi had worked on his game for months before dropping the first build (that's why so many renders were ready so quick) and was smart to do so. My game is being made practically from scratch and I drop updates as I produce them. I plan on monthly drops, and I do so for my backers. People here may not like it, but they get it for free so... I appreciate your comment and hope to see you pop on over to the discord! Please join us!

Reactions: Seewolf

stickpat

Dec 18, 2018
The Rise of Vruk is not a remake of A Goblin's Tale. While they do share A LOT of things in common, the story is vastly different than AGT and the girl's personalities are going to be different also. No, I am not using many base renders as my artists are re-doing some of the old ones and creating new ones, hence the delay. I am the only Dev of this game and new at it to boot. I have to wait on renders, so it is going to be a slow creation. Not all of the content from AGT will be included as I do not want this game to be a copy of Pupsi's. A sister to it, yes. Remake? No. Anyway, Pupsi had worked on his game for months before dropping the first build (that's why so many renders were ready so quick) and was smart to do so. My game is being made practically from scratch and I drop updates as I produce them. I plan on monthly drops, and I do so for my backers. People here may not like it, but they get it for free so... I appreciate your comment and hope to see you pop on over to the discord! Please join us!
I'm fine with that as long as your having fun making then that's good

• Red Heart
Reactions: KilljoyTRV

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
For the record, KilljoyTRV the Lara pathing issue can be removed from being bugged if the player has tried to enter Denmar with a simple edit. Just remove one "Move Right" from her move route command before she disappears. Now even people who made that mistake can continue without restarting.

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
For the record, KilljoyTRV the Lara pathing issue can be removed from being bugged if the player has tried to enter Denmar with a simple edit. Just remove one "Move Right" from her move route command before she disappears. Now even people who made that mistake can continue without restarting.
Its already fixed and will be in the next update. It wasn't Lara's pathing, but rather the transfer event that had a change made when someone tried to enter Denmar. The event ended up being set to 'same as characters' so it blocked her path.

Reactions: Midge

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
OK. I've compiled a bit of a walkthru for all the noobs. Hope it helps.

BTW I've discovered that if you equip with the dagger after lara gives it to you it stops the freeze of the game. Also if you speak to her at the signpost it doesn't freeze.
The freeze happens before you can equip the dagger, but the WT is good!

Reactions: KilljoyTRV

Nelix171

Apr 10, 2020
The freeze happens before you can equip the dagger, but the WT is good!
I only got the freeze part once, after that i did a clean start and generated the walkthru. and i was able to complete the game without freezing.See resolution below.

https://f95zone.to/members/anastasia-lanycia.2948433/ I have just looked at your save. Not a problem with it. I found that when you restart from your saved position re-enter the cave get the dialogue then return to talk to Lara. that resolves the freezing issue. will PM you with this info to.

Essentially EVENING go out of cave see Lara but do not talk to her. Go back into cave, get a dialogue about going outside, then go outside and talk to Lara. No freeze issue.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Why does my game The Rise of Vruk randomly freeze?
Read my post on page 11.
I only got the freeze part once, after that i did a clean start and generated the walkthru. and i was able to complete the game without freezing.See resolution below.

https://f95zone.to/members/anastasia-lanycia.2948433/ I have just looked at your save. Not a problem with it. I found that when you restart from your saved position re-enter the cave get the dialogue then return to talk to Lara. that resolves the freezing issue. will PM you with this info to.

Essentially EVENING go out of cave see Lara but do not talk to her. Go back into cave, get a dialogue about going outside, then go outside and talk to Lara. No freeze issue.
Read my post on page 11. I test for the game and found this to be the culprit(thanks to all who also tested this). But actually it was the Block where you enter Denmar's fault once it switches over if you interact with it. That's why you didn't freeze in a new play through as you probably didn't try to enter Denmar again.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes