3.30 star(s) 20 Votes

Fuxxzz

Dec 26, 2018
So, I haven't seen one yet, but... Is there anything like an update schedule, general rule of thumb as to how often to expect updates, or is it just on the "whenever I get to it" basis?
Killjoy is trying to get a new update each month

Anscarius

Apr 12, 2020
I do not know if it is answered, but I am stopped at the beginning, I cannot enter the city. How do you enter?
Thanks

FTKnight

Oct 10, 2018
Step 1: start a new game, as in the .12 build there is a (non image) 'cutscene' softlock bug that is triggered if you attempt to enter the town at any point before your quest log says it safe to do so.
Step 2: after going there the opening evening, find a hidden cave in the northwall, and rest till noon.
Step 3: explore without setting up Softlock trigger.
Step 4: read the text.

Reactions: Midge

HenryScores

Dec 6, 2020
TypeError
Cannot read property 'mapHUDID' of undefined

Won't past saves work on any newer versions? Because it would kinda suck to have to repeat the whole game every time, that's kinda what killed the first game (the other Vruk one) for me.

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
This is due to a new UI. There is no way to play older versions once a new UI mechanic is introduced as the saves don't contain the pertinent data. It sucks, but this is unavoidable with new plug-ins.

HenryScores

Dec 6, 2020
This is due to a new UI. There is no way to play older versions once a new UI mechanic is introduced as the saves don't contain the pertinent data. It sucks, but this is unavoidable with new plug-ins.
Oh, thanks, so it's like that in every new game/updates, or only the ones that include new core mechanics?

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Oh, thanks, so it's like that in every new game/updates, or only the ones that include new core mechanics?
Once a plugin or basic game mechanic is changed, you must start a new game as the save is lacking data. Once a new game is started a new save is created with that new code in it. From there, you shouldn't have a problem as long as no new plugin is added or old removed. That being said, since game engines rely on switches to determined what to do next, if a game creator has to go back and fix a bug that deals with a switch already passed in your saved that alters it, that save will be corrupted as the data in your save file and the game data don't match. This is an unfortunate reality of playing a game that is still in development. I'm trying to limit how many times these occur though.

Last edited:
Reactions: HenryScores

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
Seems like you should be able to resolve the save issue by setting up a default value if none is found while trying to load a save, but I haven't seen your code, so I'm not sure if it's too complicated for that or not.

I just know that it's a common fix used in other programs.

Nelix171

Apr 10, 2020
Seems like you should be able to resolve the save issue by setting up a default value if none is found while trying to load a save, but I haven't seen your code, so I'm not sure if it's too complicated for that or not.

I just know that it's a common fix used in other programs.
I generally get around this by starting the game, loading the last save and then saving immediately so as to include all the new variables, but if it fails to load save in first place then it is a case of restarting from scratch. bearing in mind that a lot of these games are experimental then that is something we have to put up with.

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
The game is bugged. After Lara give a knife, game freezes. I did start new game, didnt go town.

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
The next build has been delayed by about a week. I'm still adding more content, as I just received the renders needed from my artists. My supporters weighed in and decided they would rather wait for more content, so I am busy adding it in now. This build was going to be mainly framework and quality of life improvements, but I'm taking the extra time to add in more events. The expected release date will be posted on my discord channel soon.

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
I generally get around this by starting the game, loading the last save and then saving immediately so as to include all the new variables, but if it fails to load save in first place then it is a case of restarting from scratch. bearing in mind that a lot of these games are experimental then that is something we have to put up with.
Yes, but I was referring to how professional programmers avoid having the problem in the first place. A kind of error catching and fixing built into the code so the consumer never realizes that there could have even been an error there.

EI fixing the glitch mentioned earlier by having Lara either go through or around Vruk.

3.30 star(s) 20 Votes