3.30 star(s) 20 Votes

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Yes, but I was referring to how professional programmers avoid having the problem in the first place. A kind of error catching and fixing built into the code so the consumer never realizes that there could have even been an error there.

EI fixing the glitch mentioned earlier by having Lara either go through or around Vruk.
That glitch is already fixed. It is fixed for build 0.13. And professional programmers work for bigger companies hand have dev teams. I work alone on top of 2 full time jobs.

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
I was just using that as an example of a glitch that can be fixed in a way that prevents the users from realizing that there ever was one. The main reason I posted it was because I was wondering if it was too hard to set up a default value for corrupted or missing variables on loading a saved game.

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
I was just using that as an example of a glitch that can be fixed in a way that prevents the users from realizing that there ever was one. The main reason I posted it was because I was wondering if it was too hard to set up a default value for corrupted or missing variables on loading a saved game.
I have absolutely no clue as to how to do that.

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
I have absolutely no clue as to how to do that.
I figured that might be the case. The plugins have their own set of variables and you aren't sure what they are, or something like that?

In most coding languages and environments it is written something like
If variable == null : variable = default;

Typically uninitialized variables are set to null, but if it's a numerical variable, you could always do an if not in range test instead.

Last edited:

wojtowicz

Feb 1, 2018
Just started to play and got the bugg after she give you the knife the game froze and i started a new game and dident even go to town one dident even go to the sparking thingy where you go to town and did everything you are suppose to do and got the knife the game dident bugg and i could playing so started a new game and the first thing i did was go to town and go back to the forest and then i did everything and she did give me the knife and the game froze so started a new game and did like i did the first time without going to town and the game dident froze when she gave me the knife. so it seems like the game only froze if you try to go to town "sorry if my spelling bad" hope this will help you guys too . so it was kinda the end after that so yeah but if the bugg still there after the update this may help you

Last edited:

Mister Boo

Jul 12, 2019
Just started to play and got the bugg after she give you the knife the game froze and i started a new game and dident even go to town one dident even go to the sparking thingy where you go to town and did everything you are suppose to do and got the knife the game dident bugg and i could playing so started a new game and the first thing i did was go to town and go back to the forest and then i did everything and she did give me the knife and the game froze so started a new game and did like i did the first time without going to town and the game dident froze when she gave me the knife. so it seems like the game only froze if you try to go to town "sorry if my spelling bad" hope this will help you guys too . so it was kinda the end after that so yeah but if the bugg still there after the update this may help you
For the next update the bug is solved, so we all need to wait a bit.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
The game will also freeze there if you talk to her from the right as it blocks her movement. Which if you didn't try to enter town you can just reload the auto save and try again. But if it still freezes after that can you post a screen pic plz.

wojtowicz

Feb 1, 2018
The game will also freeze there if you talk to her from the right as it blocks her movement. Which if you didn't try to enter town you can just reload the auto save and try again. But if it still freezes after that can you post a screen pic plz.
Unfortunately I do not have the game anymore and if I can remember correctly I talked to her the first time on the left side and got a bug the 2nd time I talked to her was under her always had the city on the right side dident try to talk to her on the right side but as everyone says they will to fix the error next update and we should just wait.

max77065

Jan 29, 2020
After Lara gives a knife the game freezes and not i am not in between her and the town entrance.

FTKnight

Oct 10, 2018
..... Did you at any point attempt to enter town? cause that is also a trigger for the bug.

Feb 26, 2019
Hmmm :unsure: I don't understand how to get to the village. I go wandering around to no avail ... Well, we will try. On the farm, he became the father of some logs ... Interesting.:coffee:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Hmmm :unsure: I don't understand how to get to the village. I go wandering around to no avail ... Well, we will try. On the farm, he became the father of some logs ... Interesting.:coffee:
You probably missed a few steps somewhere. Vruk will tell you what to do. But there is a walkthrough here you can search for or just post what part happened last and i'll sort you out.

3.30 star(s) 20 Votes