3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

FgtRtd

Jun 30, 2020
I'm looking forward to when this game has caught up, content and storywise - to Goblin's Tale.

mpotter993

Nov 13, 2017
I just started it, and it seems to be a rework of A Goblin's Tale: Same main character, same basic story (conquer village and its girls to breed a new Goblin army), so far same maps (though apparently on a different version of RPGM), but the grammar is much improved, and the story beats I have seen so far are set up slightly differently.

edit: Scripting seems a bit wonky still, however. There's a clearing just south of the starting point that triggers a short cut scene where Vruk sees the youngest daughter - but the scene seems to trigger whenever you cross the tile, even at day times where the daughter's sprite is not yet present (i.e. when she's not in that clearing).

edit2: It also seems really short, unless I ran into a bug. After you put Vera onto the rack, the rack sprite goes back to its original state, and if you leave the cave, you can't get back in. Bug or End of Content? edit: Seems this is EoC for now. Not a problem, but a short notice would be nice to avoid confusion.
I had the same problem

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
could not change mc, because when I like mc, I automatically like the game at 50%, this girl with a bow would be a great main character, she is beautiful, nice, interesting, sexy ... the game would become a mini-game, because the goblin would remain at the first encounter, riddled with arrows. I would give you right away, red heart hahaha

FTKnight

Oct 10, 2018
.... it's like less then half of the people responding bothered to read the Developer's notes. or read Pupsi's goodbye post about A goblin's tale.

For a initial release and demo meant to test interest and maybe drum up some support (financial or other wise) for a rebirth/rework/renewal of the popular game "A Goblin's Tale" (which was abandoned by Pupsi when his passion for it died)it does the job.

Is the story as far along as the Original? No.

Is the story the same? Yes and No. It has the same core points, but it is a lot more fine details fleshing it out.

sanlaw91

Sep 30, 2019
I'm at the same spot as Corvair with Vera on the stock is that the end of content as of now or am i missing something??

MooseMager

Dec 11, 2017
.... it's like less then half of the people responding bothered to read the Developer's notes. or read Pupsi's goodbye post about A goblin's tale.

For a initial release and demo meant to test interest and maybe drum up some support (financial or other wise) for a rebirth/rework/renewal of the popular game "A Goblin's Tale" (which was abandoned by Pupsi when his passion for it died)it does the job.

Is the story as far along as the Original? No.

Is the story the same? Yes and No. It has the same core points, but it is a lot more fine details fleshing it out.
Thank you for clarifying this up!

Reactions: FTKnight

Silvaras

Dec 22, 2017
I tried to find the RTP files for rise of vruk but I guess due to my disability I can't find them.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
What dev said might be why the first one was removed. He didnt want anyone doing an asset flip... but to create a remake using his assets. Will have to see how this goes...
Quite right. He was fine with peeps both using the "story" and assets as a starting/continuation point but not the "game" itself. Kind of AGT being a part 1 and anyone's welcome to make parts 2+(but without using AGT itself). More to distance what he himself built/made to others that would follow so that it would become "their own" games(not a colab).
I think it's cool Killjoys gone with the reboot angle so that it DOES distance what he is doing from AGT while keeping it's "essence".

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes