Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Yes, I wasn't thinking about what would happen if you didn't sleep with Kari (or maybe you did and you were so horny before that it didn't reduce the lust sufficiently). I also need to cover the possibility of Kari still being at Aria's place.

The "29", BTW, refers to Day 29, so that needs to stay out of the sleeps_on variable.

I didn't originally intend to include the stuff from the morning - normally each build ends on Sunday night, but I wanted to shoehorn in the letter from MC's uncle and start to show how that opened things up.

Serves me right for deviating from the plan!

Given that we're not going any further than late morning, I'm not going to do another build right this second, let me get my ducks in a row and we'll get this squared away in version 0.5

As always, I really do appreciate helpful feedback, so thank you!
You're welcome.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
hmm... Who's being dominant when I rise tthese dominant points or submissive when I rise submissive points, the MC or the LI?

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
So when I'm ranking the girls for the receptionist opening it doesn't matter what order I put them in, when I finish ranking all 9 it keeps prompting me like there are more names for me to enter. What can I do?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
So when I'm ranking the girls for the receptionist opening it doesn't matter what order I put them in, when I finish ranking all 9 it keeps prompting me like there are more names for me to enter. What can I do?
A lot of people had trouble with that. The names had to be typed in proper case.

The new build has a graphic menu that makes it much simpler.

Reactions: Lysergic

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
hmm... dominant points or submissive points
This has been discussed previously, but dominance was replaced by submissive, so you shouldn't see both. You shouldn't see them at all unless you're using a mod, it's not meant to be visible to the user and doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for all characters. You can search this thread for more discussion of the subject.

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
This has been discussed previously, but dominance was replaced by submissive, so you shouldn't see both. You shouldn't see them at all unless you're using a mod, it's not meant to be visible to the user and doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for all characters. You can search this thread for more discussion of the subject.
okay, thank you!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, I'd like to see what people think in terms of ongoing development.

This is my first VN, and I haven't played that many others, but clearly the game has a long way to go, and it's been a significant learning curve.

I'm wondering if I should break it out into independent episodes with one or two weeks in each and thereby reduce the size of each new build. I have to admit that I have to give some thought to the implications for game save data and so on, but wonder what people think?

Anyone have any strong feelings/opinions on this?

Sep 3, 2020

This is my first VN, and I haven't played that many others, but clearly the game has a long way to go, and it's been a significant learning curve.

I'm wondering if I should break it out into independent episodes with one or two weeks in each and thereby reduce the size of each new build. I have to admit that I have to give some thought to the implications for game save data and so on, but wonder what people think?

okay if I read your comment correctly which hopefully I did your thinking about making smaller updates

so you can release them more faster

I personally prefer to wait for a bigger update

I don't mind waiting

especially if it means I'll get more time with Kari

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021

I'm totally fine with big filesizes and I have had a bad experience with save data issues. Question is: how would that be good for you? About the time between updates, I think anything above 6 months it too much time so you're fine.

Sep 3, 2020
I'm totally fine with big filesizes and I have had a bad experience with save data issues. Question is: how would that be good for you? About the time between updates, I think anything above 6 months it too much time so you're fine.
that goes double for me I don't mind waiting as long as it is not anything above 6 months

and as long as you keep us updated and you don't go radio silent I'm good with waiting
(y)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

I think splitting games into episodes is usually a bad thing, unless they are kinetic (so no need to carry save data across). It is however worth learning how to control Renpy's archiving system so that when you get into the linear progress stage of development (and aren't changing things through the existing game) you can offer upgrades that are just the scripts plus the new images.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Well, I'm certainly not going to six-month updates!

With the way things are now, each version has been adding a week of game time. I'm sure there are more efficient ways to do certain things, but it's a struggle to do a version a month, but that's what I would like to do.

Maybe every six to eight weeks is more realistic.

Or what if we did every two months for a full version, but did a special "date night" or similar event in the intervening months?

And as I've said before, there's still a lot I would like to flesh out in the first four weeks. Nothing that makes any huge difference to the progress of the story, but expanding a couple of evenings with Kari, for example. And I'd like to redo more of the early graphics at some point.

Sep 3, 2020

With the way things are now, each version has been adding a week of game time. I'm sure there are more efficient ways to do certain things, but it's a struggle to do a version a month, but that's what I would like to do.

Maybe every six to eight weeks is more realistic.

Or what if we did every two months for a full version, but did a special "date night" or similar event in the intervening months?

And as I've said before, there's still a lot I would like to flesh out in the first four weeks. Nothing that makes any huge difference to the progress of the story, but expanding a couple of evenings with Kari, for example. And I'd like to redo more of the early graphics at some point.
sounds really good and will you do something about the MC not flirting with other women when he has a girlfriend

it really bothers me and wait did you just say more time with Kari togs-games

i love you man
:love:

• Haha
Reactions: J1215 and Vleder

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Hello again togs,
I hope you take your time to build every update with the same quality and style that you've accustomed us. That's why we love The Roommate so much, and I fear that if you starting imposing yourself shorter update intervals you'll start worrying more about updating and that could be a hindrance to future development.
In my opinion, you could take 2-3 months easily to build a solid update with greater content. As the guys said, as long as you keep talking to us, that's fine
Among other things that have been mentioned in the latest posts, I particularly enjoy the humorous and witty banters, as well as some details you've been putting in the story. So, I fear that an impending timeline of doom would take that away from us.

And, as you wanted screens of the Transparent Textbox Mod (https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/) I'll leave here an example and kill two birds...
In the first screen there's one of my favorite jokes in the game: TranspTextBoxOutline1.jpg Lois' transparent tray (no pun intended, but suits this perfectly);

the other is an example of the selection menu.
TranspTextBoxOutline2.jpg
That said, I prefer you take your time and let us know, maybe share a render every now and then. Of someone with nice tits.

PS: Sorry Vidal, only screens of Lois this time...

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I think I'd prefer split episodes if it would reduce the accumulated filesize of everything put together, and between them all nothing gets removed. But I'd be fine either way. I'm still missing some things from v0.2, by the way.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
... Transparent Textbox Mod ...
... the other is an example of the selection menu...
I think I like the text box and some of the quick menu stuff. Not so sure about the menus.

Is the mod just inserting stlye settings, or is there more to it?

3.80 star(s) 70 Votes