togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Regarding the autosave at the start I can certainly take that out. It has been there from the beginning, and I certainly didn't write it myself - it was way beyond what I was capable of at that time.

As I said, I found it useful for testing, so it never occurred to me that it was a problem before now.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just a quick note to say there will be an update, build 0405, in the next few days:

- remove the autosave at the start of the game
- deal with what happens if MC doesn't want Kari to be his GF
- expand on the options on Day 27 (Saturday) depending on the player's personality profile
- probably other stuff I'm too tired to remember right now

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It's still somewhat chaotic post-move, but I'm hoping to finish build 0405 before the weekend is out. I'm sure as soon as I upload it I will think of some other issue I've forgotten to address.

As things stand, I'm going to suggest that ideally people wind back to the day of the interviews (Day 25), but I think I've covered things for those who don't (or can't).

You should definitely go back to at least the point where you discuss your relationship with Kari to settle the matter of whether or not you're going to be open about relationships with other girls (Day 27). This is somewhat dependent on the personality profile established at the start of the game - you can't say you're looking for true love and then become a swinger!

Just giving the days a number is starting to annoy me, so I'm trying to decide on whether to fix the time of year - my inclination is to say the game begins at the end of March or April. That way it's not completely implausible that there might be some nicer days when Lois wears her summery dresses. Thoughts and comments welcomed.

Sep 3, 2020
It's still somewhat chaotic post-move, but I'm hoping to finish build 0405 before the weekend is out. I'm sure as soon as I upload it I will think of some other issue I've forgotten to address.

As things stand, I'm going to suggest that ideally people wind back to the day of the interviews (Day 25), but I think I've covered things for those who don't (or can't).

You should definitely go back to at least the point where you discuss your relationship with Kari to settle the matter of whether or not you're going to be open about relationships with other girls (Day 27). This is somewhat dependent on the personality profile established at the start of the game - you can't say you're looking for true love and then become a swinger!

Just giving the days a number is starting to annoy me, so I'm trying to decide on whether to fix the time of year - my inclination is to say the game begins at the end of March or April. That way it's not completely implausible that there might be some nicer days when Lois wears her summery dresses. Thoughts and comments welcomed.
wait wait are you telling me I can be in a committed relationship with Kari my baby mama now

does this mean I will now have the option not to do or say anything inappropriate with other girls

like Lois

yessss

thank you thank you thank you a million thank you I love monogamy

I'm going to be the best boyfriend/future husband/ baby daddy I can be

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
It's still somewhat chaotic post-move...
[...]
Hello togs, everyone,

It might be a good idea to make it a real calendar based story. It'll perhaps allow to better tracking things and to better implement in the game all sorts of calendar based events: birthdays, holidays, vacations, regional or time zone differences or events and, of course, seasonal stuff... From which you can always "escape" if you want by taking a business trip, vacation or simply narrate the passing of some time. It also suits better the office/corporate setting.

Lois' summer dresses and Kari's cute outfits can always pop up, even if it's only because of climate craziness. I mean, I live in a windy temperate place and these past weeks we had almost no wind at all and the temperatures are consistently above 30º C. Last year it stayed that way until late November!

On a different note. I believe the word swinger was used loosely, right?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm definitely liking the sound of that. I think we have enough love for both Kari and Lois, and it wouldn't be fair to either of them to not be honest about being with multiple girls, they deserve better than that.
If you don't yet know how to use Python's datetime modules message me and I can help, it's very useful.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I've just uploaded build 0405. I don't have time to sort out links right now, so quickest way is just to go to .

If you're continuing a previous game, I would recommend you go back to at least Day 25 (the day of the interviews). If you intend to have a relationship with Kari, it's essential you go back to at least Day 27.

What's new?

This build makes use of the after_load function to correct some past issues, so you'll get errors if you roll back after loading.

That means you may want to load a slightly earlier save in some cases.

Further refinements to the recruiting process for the Exec Suite receptionists, especially important if you plan to bring one of the "youngsters" (Kayla or Rei) in as an intern.

Fixed it so the reception staff side images show when they're talking.

Clarification of the ground rules if you intend to have a relationship with Kari (in particular whether you'll commit to a monogamous relationship or not).

Numbered days replaced with dates. I arbitrarily changed things so that the game begins at the end of January/beginning of February of an unspecified year, just because it made the changeover easier! The new content for the next version will therefore begin March 1.

Several minor tweaks to non-essential dialogue, mainly so that characters don't use too similar language to each other in one conversation, .e.g.:

Player: Thank you, Kari, this really helps.
Kari: I'm happy to help.

got changed to Kari saying "You're welcome"

Last edited:
Reactions: Vleder and linkinn

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
A quick note: your promises to be true to your one love are up to you to fulfill - I'm not going to stop (for example) Lois's flirting just because you've sworn undying love to Kari. The characters have their own personalities and there are relatively few cases in which I outright limit your range of choices.

Conversely, just because you want wild threesomes doesn't mean the girls are going to enthusiastically go along with it the first time you feel like it.

Reactions: Vleder and linkinn

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Numbered days replaced with dates. I arbitrarily changed things so that the game begins at the end of January/beginning of February of an unspecified year, just because it made the changeover easier! The new content for the next version will therefore begin March 1.
I'm curious why what month it is should make any difference to how easy the changeover is.
Conversely, just because you want wild threesomes doesn't mean the girls are going to enthusiastically go along with it the first time you feel like it.
So long as we can be honest with them about not being exclusive and they are open to the idea I'm happy! It only makes sense that it would take them some time to get used to an unconventional relationship like that.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'm curious why what month it is should make any difference to how easy the changeover is.
Just that we had 28 days of existing gameplay, it fit nicely into February, and the ongoing story (and MC's reign as CEO) can conveniently start on Monday, March 1.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Just that we had 28 days of existing gameplay, it fit nicely into February, and the ongoing story (and MC's reign as CEO) can conveniently start on Monday, March 1.
It just seems a little early for the summer clothing that a lot of them are wearing, I'd have thought it starting some time in May or June would have been easier.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Don't hold your collective breath, because my internet is crawling tonight, but I'm currently uploading build 0407 to .

Changed the timeframe of the first four weeks to May, fixed bugs in the date code and...

Expanded the fatigue function. There's still more to do but if you reach the point of exhaustion, you can suffer blackouts.

So keep an eye on that energy bar!

What tires you out? Late nights and sexual activity in the main! It's just like real life! :)

In the next version, coffee will give you a short term boost, but you'll crash if you overdo it.

I'm kind of stymied until the uploads complete, so I will check in later and give a progress report.

Reactions: Vleder and gregers

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Changed the timeframe of the first four weeks to May, fixed bugs in the date code and...
Calculating all the dates yourself rather than using the Python standard library to do it for you is kind of crazy, I would suggest using something like this instead:
Python:
default dayzero = date(2021, 5, 2) # Or whatever other date you prefer
default currentdate = None

init python:
    from datetime import date, timedelta
    def advanceDate(n = 1):
        global dayc, currentdate, dayname, datetoday
        dayc += n
        currentdate = dayzero + timedelta(days = dayc)
        dayname = currentdate.strftime('%A')
        datetoday = '{dt:%B} {dt.day}'.format(dt=currentdate)
Then you just call $ advanceDate() each morning. If later on you want to skip multiple days, you'd use something like $ advanceDate(3) to advance three days.

Reactions: Vleder and gregers
3.80 star(s) 70 Votes