togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I wonder if there's a story behind why she has such a big one?
That was just to make sure you noticed it!

Then people commented about the size of it, so I added the joke where MC says it makes him feel inadequate!

Now I'm tempted to put in a couple of alternatives, where the size and/or shape would vary...

Reactions: Vleder

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I think I like the text box and some of the quick menu stuff. Not so sure about the menus.

Is the mod just inserting stlye settings, or is there more to it?
Sorry, but I'm just not qualified to answer that. My guess, which could be totally wrong, is that it's just style...

Oh. About Kari's dildo, a girl can have fantasies, right?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Reactions to 0.404:
I haven't really noticed that menu screen last time
I think that was added at 0402?

...when starting a new game, the game decides to overwrite your first save without telling you
I believe that was the default for the kind of base template when I started the game. Not something I chose, but I find it useful personally. Then again, I'm operating a little differently than the average player.

I'm willing to consider removing it, but nobody else has mentioned it.

Choosing Receptionists / Menu
I hope most people feel the changes are for the better. I'm still experimenting with the menu system a bit, but also gaining experience. Have to give a shout out to m0us3r for putting me on the right path with this.

Kari ... cute and sexy ... love the pose with her legs spread ... lying there in the afterglow with her eyes half-closed is amazing ... love her posing in the mirrors in the morning, she's really sexy.
I will expand the first night when I can, but her getting dressed in the morning is a good excuse for "posed" renders.

... shopping for another bed scene that was cut, I presume that will happen again if you don't go for Kari
Yes, it got cut temporarily due to time considerations, and I felt that once people had the whole picture with the Randy storyline, there'd be less hostility, which has turned out to be the case. The denouement of the story was always planned (it's based on real events), but I had originally intended that it should play out over a longer period.

... now there's no way to say that we're just friends anymore ... we need to have that talk ASAP.
Yes. It depends on the exact flow of the conversation. If you're cool and Kari asks you to give her a chance, she'll say she knows there may be other girls, and she'll learn to live with that.

Vidal's feelings are more common than I would have thought, and I'm still thinking about how best to deal with that.

And I do need to go back and reinstate the option of just being roommates for an extended period.

It's sad that we won't be seeing sexy, flirty Lois for a bit
The next build will clarify that the Senior Receptionist (and optional intern) will start on Day 29 and the Second Receptionist will start the following Monday. At that point, the Senior Receptionist will take over Lois's desk and Lois can go back to full PA mode, and resume dressing the way we've all come to know and enjoy.

... there's more to IRIS
There's MUCH more to IRIS. Not just in terms of her abilities, but also that she has information that relate to several plots.

... that's Mrs. Jakes?
Yes, there was a problem with some of the maps originally. I was able to get hold of the dev. and she fixed the problems, which is part of the reason she looks different, but also lighting ( outdoor vs. indoor), make up and I gave her a little more body tone. I love the idea of this shrewish woman really changing because of MC's influence.

You'll learn more about her (if you wish) once she comes back to work.

As I've said from the very beginning, things are often not what they first seem, and EVERYONE has a story. Some are more significant than others, but over time we should see them play out.

great-uncle really screwed things up with the LactoMax thing
As Lois said, started out as benign, and became an obsession that blinded him to the harm.

When I first came up with Mallory's story I wasn't at all sure how it would be received. Generally the reaction was surprise - nobody saw it coming - but positive, so I'm encouraged to pursue the LactoMax/Greenfield Genetics story.

And, yes, I know some people have complained it's not realistic. It's a plot device. Give me a break!

... when discussing the receptionists Lois uses her original tray
Yes, I recycled some earlier graphics for that scene! I'll redo them at some point.

Lois brings up Ashley as an option and I'm 99% sure that we never saw him mentioning her.
We aren't seeing everything that happens, but something like that stands out to me.
Yes, I figured having Lois say "oh you mentioned..." would be enough.

If you never choose to visit the coffee shop, it's a bit weird.
That's somewhat of an error on my part. I intended to make it so that you would HAVE to visit the coffee shop frequently to complete the report. Until that was done, you wouldn't get the CEO job offer. But it complicated the timeline to a greater degree than I had time to resolve and I had to relax the requirements. Eventually, when the game is complete, that will be tightened up.

Is it intended that Aria quits her job and Kari is acting like we're hiring her if we only picked her as a backup?
No, that was an error that is fixed and will be in the next build.

Marina's line 'Thank you, Mr. [mc]. [mc.surname]! Mr. [mc.surname].' is spoken by the MC instead of her.
Also fixed - thank you - I hadn't spotted that!

Last edited:

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
" If you're cool and Kari asks you to give her a chance, she'll say she knows there may be other girls, and she'll learn to live with that."

Sounds good to me!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I did mention this briefly before, but I created a site that will include articles about the game. Be aware that it may include some spoilers, although I will try to avoid anything too flagrant.

I'll probably make some 3d assets available for those of you that are into that stuff!

Again, something that's new for me, so bear with me if it's less-than-stellar to begin with!

For the moment, a brief item about how I came to do the game to begin with, and another about Lois.

Hopefully this will became a resource to direct people to and save me repeating myself too often!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
" If you're cool and Kari asks you to give her a chance, she'll say she knows there may be other girls, and she'll learn to live with that."

Sounds good to me!
Right, and there are a number of people who've made it clear that there's cheating, and there's open relationships (or whatever).

However, it's clear that some people want a strictly monogamous relationship and I have to give some thought to the mechanics of accomodating that preference.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Sound awful to me.
I assume you're referring to monogamy? Each to their own! ;)

I'll have to post more on this on the blog site, but I first created Kari for an ai/chatbot project around 2014, I think.

Part of the reason I think she felt incomplete to some players at first is that I've "known her" for seven years and I have a clear idea of who she's supposed to be that perhaps I didn't (and still haven't) fully translated to the game.

So to my mind, Kari is just about the perfect woman. If she was real, I'd have no problem being faithful!

That said, some of the other ladies are very tempting... ;)

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Right, and there are a number of people who've made it clear that there's cheating, and there's open relationships (or whatever).

However, it's clear that some people want a strictly monogamous relationship and I have to give some thought to the mechanics of accomodating that preference.
Since the ones that want a want a strictly monogamous relationship can avoid that... still, just knowing it's there paints her in a different way, doesn't it? Even worst because he's loaded... I think no woman, or man, should ever say something like that: "give me chance and you can fuck other people", hell no, that's awful. Maybe I'm old fashioned but that's how I see it.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I assume you're referring to monogamy? Each to their own! ;)
Yes, it's been... normalized. Even CNN now, and not only CNN, has articles about how good and "positive" cuckolding is... Each to their own? Sure, for me it will always be degeneracy and I'll always give my opinion on that. How long till it's also pushed in pre teen schools? Oh wait...
Too serious? Sorry about that ;)

Reactions: linkinn

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
I'am more of a monogamous person myself if given the option, but iam fine with either way.

I'am usually more inclined to go monogamous when there is some kind of advantage doing so or if i'am penalized by going poly, not sure if that makes sense, but the first option usually adds alot of extra work for devs.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Part of the reason I think she felt incomplete to some players at first is that I've "known her" for seven years and I have a clear idea of who she's supposed to be that perhaps I didn't (and still haven't) fully translated to the game.

So to my mind, Kari is just about the perfect woman. If she was real, I'd have no problem being faithful!
It's (genuinely) nice that you have taken some steps and are considering how best to accommodate monogamous, romantic players who care deeply for Kari. But please don't lose sight of the rest of us as well; those who don't really care that strongly about her either way. Consider the bastards ;)

As you say, you've lived with her in your head for seven years, so of course you know her well and appreciate her character fully. I as a player on the other hand have met her a few times for a fairly brief duration each time and have no particular attachment to her: She's fine, and more appealing now with the rewrite where she's no longer lying to the MC, but no more so than many of the other characters in the game.

My impression from the game I've seen is that the power imbalance between Kari and the MC is such that an equal relationship would be near impossible and unfair on both of them. He's the CEO, she's an intern. He's (at least in my game) a fully adult man, she's only just reached adulthood physically and seems massively stunted in her social development. Their starting relationship is based on him having money and her having none. Any man in real life who started a relationship with a girl in their position would be Woody Allen-levels skeevy in my eyes.

Happily this isn't real life, and I have no problem playing a massive arsehole. Just wanted to chip in and mention that to some of us (or at least to me), Kari's crush on the MC has very little at all to do with romance.

• Thinking Face

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Played up through 401 (the version on NOPY), and this game is pretty good. Picked Cassie and Bree as the secretaries, because Lois wanted Cassie and Bree seemed like she'd be good at her job AND a good ally down the line if it comes to it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I believe that was the default for the kind of base template when I started the game. Not something I chose, but I find it useful personally. Then again, I'm operating a little differently than the average player.

I'm willing to consider removing it, but nobody else has mentioned it.
I've played literally hundreds of Renpy games and I've never seen anything like it before. IMO it's an absolutely terrible decision, the first slot is the most obvious place to keep one's first save, and the game should not be overwriting saves the player has made manually. Overriding the autosave system so it autosaves at the start of each day rather than at each menu choice encountered (which I believe is the default for Renpy) is one thing, but this is very bad. I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned it before, and suspect that that's likely because nobody else has noticed, and just chalked it up to save corruption like I did at first. Plus that up until recently we've needed to start a new game with new versions.
Yes, there was a problem with some of the maps originally. I was able to get hold of the dev. and she fixed the problems, which is part of the reason she looks different, but also lighting ( outdoor vs. indoor), make up and I gave her a little more body tone. I love the idea of this shrewish woman really changing because of MC's influence.
It really is an amazing transformation. She was never unattractive, except for her personality, but she really does look like a whole new woman there.
When I first came up with Mallory's story I wasn't at all sure how it would be received. Generally the reaction was surprise - nobody saw it coming - but positive, so I'm encouraged to pursue the LactoMax/Greenfield Genetics story.
I definitely didn't see it coming but I absolutely loved it, I have some guesses about what might be going on with the other girls with greater/lesser levels of plausibility, and I can't wait to meet some of them. Huge breasted girls getting milked is something I have not seen enough of.

Reactions: Vleder and gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I've played literally hundreds of Renpy games and I've never seen anything like it before. IMO it's an absolutely terrible decision, the first slot is the most obvious place to keep one's first save, and the game should not be overwriting saves the player has made manually. Overriding the autosave system so it autosaves at the start of each day rather than at each menu choice encountered (which I believe is the default for Renpy) is one thing, but this is very bad. I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned it before, and suspect that that's likely because nobody else has noticed, and just chalked it up to save corruption like I did at first. Plus that up until recently we've needed to start a new game with new versions.
Yeah I've had to start a new game with every update I've played anyway so hadn't noticed so far, but would agree that it doesn't seem a great idea; esp. doing so without prompting the player. We should be able to rely on our manual saves remaining intact, with allowance for the occasional update breaking saves altogether.

I vaguely remember one other game doing similar, but can't place it right now. It definitely isn't a widespread standard the player can be expected to know.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Also now there's no way to say that we're just friends anymore, so if we're going to have a proper poly/harem thing we need to have that talk ASAP. I remember Vidal talking about not wanting to flirt with other girls once we're with Kari, well for me it's a bit different, flirting is perfectly fine but if we're going to be fucking other girls like Mallory, Ashley, Marina etc. or dating Lois as well, as in my sig, harems are totally different to cheating.
Totally agree! That's my line of thinking. Even though I don't think this would benefit from a complete harem plot line, the flirting mood around several characters, the Mallory situation and the "full partnership" with Lois set the basis for a poly/open plot line that shouldn't lesser that any other. And even If I favor throuple/poly/harem choices, I still hate cheating!

That said, some of the other ladies are very tempting... ;)
You've said it and you've said again. She is perfect and some of the others are perfectly tempting.
My point being, this is not real life, it's fantasy and fantasy can hold a lot more possibilities. I often curse at the devs for throwing so many amazing girls our way and then punish us for accepting then or being unable to decide... You know how I feel. I also know Vidal has a perfectly valid point here. So that'll be your your headache.:cool:

I'am more of a monogamous person myself if given the option, but iam fine with either way.
I'am usually more inclined to go monogamous when there is some kind of advantage doing so or if i'am penalized by going poly, not sure if that makes sense, but the first option usually adds alot of extra work for devs.
Makes perfect sense to me. Many times I felt like being illogically penalized for making some sort of choice. Even going back to avoid the penalty I felt like I was getting a lesser story.

3.80 star(s) 70 Votes