Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
For those people who think Lois dresses inappropriately, there are a couple of fixes to ensure she is at least wearing a bra, but she went to great lengths to get those boobies, and she's gonna flaunt them.
If anything, I'd say she doesn't flaunt them enough, but I'm that kind of pervert...

So, do we get an outlined text feature and a transparency setting for the textbox this Christmas?

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
If anything, I'd say she doesn't flaunt them enough, but I'm that kind of pervert...

So, do we get an outlined text feature and a transparency setting for the textbox this Christmas?
If Togs don't mind :) Drop this script in the Game folder. It will give you the ability to vary the visibility of the Text Box. I use about 15% myself :) It doesn't have Text Outline though.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Vleder

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
If Togs don't mind :) Drop this script in the Game folder. It will give you the ability to vary the visibility of the Text Box. I use about 15% myself :) It doesn't have Text Outline though.
Thanks for that! Perhaps it'll be useful in the future. For the textbox I usually use a replacement blank texbox.png file or whatever it is I can edit easily. The problem is really the outline because of bright backgrounds... And the Ren'Py Transparent Textbox Mod is incompatible with The Roommate because of the phone and calendar. That's why I've been nagging togs for a longtime now.

By the way, I really enjoy the sister-in-law. That dingbat is priceless!

For text outlines you can just drop this in the game folder:
Oh. I guess MoP took care of it.
Thanks a lot.

Are these "universal" if no other script messes with the same things? Sorry, but that's as technically accurate as I can be. :)

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Thanks for that! Perhaps it'll be useful in the future. For the textbox I usually use a replacement blank texbox.png file or whatever it is I can edit easily. The problem is really the outline because of bright backgrounds... And the Ren'Py Transparent Textbox Mod is incompatible with The Roommate because of the phone and calendar. That's why I've been nagging togs for a longtime now.

By the way, I really enjoy the sister-in-law. That dingbat is priceless!

Oh. I guess MoP took care of it.
Thanks a lot.

Are these "universal" if no other script messes with the same things? Sorry, but that's as technically accurate as I can be. :)
I believe that it is.... I use it on all of the games that I play that doesn't have that capability.. It will also allow you to turn on or off the Quick Menu at the bottom...

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I have sent out links to the beta testers. There are probably a couple of people I missed, so hit me up with a message if necessary.

For the critics who aren't keen on the storyline, I'm afraid you're not going to like this any better. Oh well...

I am trying to straighten out any inconsistencies that come up if you're not pursuing relationships with Kari and/or Lois.

For those people who think Lois dresses inappropriately, there are a couple of fixes to ensure she is at least wearing a bra, but she went to great lengths to get those boobies, and she's gonna flaunt them.

I've talked about various changes and new features previously. There are close to 600 new images in this build (although many are elements rather than full-screen images).

I think it's arguably the most significant update so far, but I will leave you guys to judge for yourselves.

Assuming the testing goes reasonably well I am hoping to have the full release ready for Christmas, although I still have a bunch of renders to get done as well as fixing whatever bugs come up in the test process.
I'll make sure to test it out as soon as possible. I just hope there's still an option for her to dress like a braless tart if we specifically don't ask her to reign it in. Over 50% of the vote collectively went for her being our office slut or sub, after all.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Mine will work on anything that doesn't define those values themselves. Tripod's it looks like will break on any game that customises any of the default screens that it changes, which is probably any that don't have the default Renpy "look".

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, outline text makes sense, but are you guys saying you want the text box gone completely?

Does someone want to post an image or two of what's considered de rigueur?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Okay, outline text makes sense, but are you guys saying you want the text box gone completely?

Does someone want to post an image or two of what's considered de rigueur?
The text box opacity slider has already been implemented by a mod or two recently posted on this thread. It's honestly got it covered.
And since I'm in the middle of the beta right now, I just want to say that I really don't like Kara's haircut. It was better long. But that's just me.

Reactions: mofonistik

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
The text box opacity slider has already been implemented by a mod or two recently posted on this thread. It's honestly got it covered.
And since I'm in the middle of the beta right now, I just want to say that I really don't like Kara's haircut. It was better long. But that's just me.
It's not cut, it's just pinned up and I'm not mad about it. I like long hair as well but, long hair can be a bitch in DAZ once you start getting into the sexy times or animations. He picked an excellent compromise option in this case.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
It's not cut, it's just pinned up and I'm not mad about it. I like long hair as well but, long hair can be a bitch in DAZ once you start getting into the sexy times or animations. He picked an excellent compromise option in this case.
It was hard to tell the difference, since the game text never commented on her new hairstyle once.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
When I try to load a save and I click to move on, it goes back to the opening screen. Is there a way to fix that without starting a new game?
You may want to look back at previous posts on this. If you're using a mod, I can't help. Otherwise, unless you're going from a very old save, it shouldn't be a problem. You might try deleting persistent data from the save game folder.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes