PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Don't you just hate it when you finally get around to clearing out your basement and all the crap that has accumulated there over the years, and then you learn that a weird sex cult has started living down there ... again ... sigh ...

Can totally relate to the protagonist just going "eh", and moving on.

BenF

Oct 17, 2022
1673703058063.png

which choice represent me the most?? (looking for a serious relationship but not for a single women, for all women, make them pregnant, take care of them)

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
View attachment 2310613

which choice represent me the most?? (looking for a serious relationship but not for a single women, for all women, make them pregnant, take care of them)
Probably the one in the middle of the checkmarks -- Hound 6.

Hound is used to adjust which choices the player is offered for the MC to say. High hound limits LTR. Low hound limits flings/non-monogamy. Neither is ruled out, but the more extreme conversational choices are trimmed.

Reactions: BenF

BenF

Oct 17, 2022
Probably the one in the middle of the checkmarks -- Hound 6.

Hound is used to adjust which choices the player is offered for the MC to say. High hound limits LTR. Low hound limits flings/non-monogamy. Neither is ruled out, but the more extreme conversational choices are trimmed.
Thanks .... then what "wine them, dine them, sixty-nine them" mean?

HunkyDunx

Dec 19, 2018
togs-games Hey bud, I am coming up with a calendar error both when I click on calendar and when I click on Day57 to continue the story. You have mentioned a calendar fix to other gamers but apart from function.rpyc bugfix I can't find anything. Both errors are below.

TIA

Here is the error on continuing Day 57...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/calendar.rpy", line 93, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ch57.rpyc", line 308, in script call
File "calendar.rpyc", line 50, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/calendar.rpy", line 93, in <module>
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.8.4
Sat Jan 14 14:21:23 2023

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the error when clicking on the calendar...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Grid not completely full.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ch57.rpyc", line 1141, in script call
File "calendar.rpyc", line 403, in script call
File "calendar.rpyc", line 324, in script call
File "calendar.rpyc", line 19, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3134, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 441, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 570, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 554, in per_interact
raise Exception("Grid not completely full.")
Exception: Grid not completely full.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.8.4
Sat Jan 14 14:28:33 2023

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Thanks .... then what "wine them, dine them, sixty-nine them" mean?
It shifts the MC responses towards expecting relationships to be primarily sexual and non-monogamous and away from developing long-term relationships. Hound can and probably will shift during play since the game will change it based on your choices compared to the dev's expectations.

An extreme Hound can also limit player choice in that if the Hound plus (previous action rating) is outside a threshold, the scene is changed for the player.

As an example, here's how the conversation can go when an employee complains about her new uniform. The player will get 3 choices in succession depending (in part) on their Hound rating.

A very low score gets the following:
"Just throw it away and wear something nice."
"Not that I really mind, but you deserve something classier."
"But I'm a guy! I can see why you might not thrilled with it..."

A very high score get the following:
"It looks great on you! But I can see why you might not like it."
"You look incredibly sexy!"
"I don't think you'd be safe wearing that around me!"

A middle score gets a combination drawn from the last couple of the low score and the first couple of the high score.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
ok i see the issue now .. with aria being the first sec. i picked ... the image is not found
I've had the same issue, with Bree as my primary Receptionist (I just assumed she was wearing an invisibility cloak for Casual Friday ;)). Honestly, I think the Ren'py code for the game has some sort of glitch where it calls up the Primary Receptionist Casual Friday image (whoever she is) when she greets the MC on Friday morning.

Edit: I wrote this before I read Togs' subsequent post about not rendering the images other than Cassie's. I'm looking forward to seeing Bree's Casual Friday attire (along with the other fixes and enhancements) when the 0805 patch edition comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImperialD

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I'd like to present the culmination of a few days of hard work on my part: The Roommate v0.8.4 WT+ mod. It's a mod of Joker's WT mod for The Roommate. It adds additional scenes, choices, and dialog into the game, as well as giving the players suggestions and information about the choices they will make in the game. I did a full playthrough to test it to make sure it works, but I didn't test it on every possible branching path. I'm also considering posting this in the Mods section of F95Zone.
Among the most significant additions to this version of the mod are a closer peek up Lois's shortened skirt on Day 43 and an option to make Lois spend Day 61 Evening in a g-string instead of pants.
To install, unpack the archive's contents into your The_Roommate-0.8.4-win folder.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Seriously, though, I'd love examples of what kind of dialogue you're thinking of.
I don't have examples, though, out of the girls that would have more verbose experiences, I think Lois would apply. It probably wouldn't have occurred during the Paris trip, though, considering the situation.

Afterwards, though, I can maybe see them both adding in some banter to their fun, depending on how you choose to have her in your life.

As for Kari, I think that she is still too "naive" and/or introverted to have much to say during the experience.

Ashley could go either way, I suppose.

Sylvie, you weren't conscious, so that would be weird, unless she is self-conscious and talks to herself about what she is doing, possibly even looking over her shoulder to be sure that no one can see her. :)

Mallory is acting out as a cow. She could moo and maybe the MC could spank her while saying "Good (pet name chosen here)"

With the girl that replaces Randy, that was at work, and in a place that was most likely close to other workers, so a "quiet" time makes sense.

Just some thoughts.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Calendar issues should definitely be fixed by the patch file, although I appear to have screwed something else up with the MC now showing as "Player" on occasion - looking into that.
I think line 197 in the new functions.rpyc is causing that because you're using the new variable p.name replacing pname.

While in console, the variable p.name shows u'Player' instead the value of pname.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I've had the same issue, with Bree as my primary Receptionist (I just assumed she was wearing an invisibility cloak for Casual Friday ;)). Honestly, I think the Ren'py code for the game has some sort of glitch where it calls up the Primary Receptionist Casual Friday image (whoever she is) when she greets the MC on Friday morning.

Edit: I wrote this before I read Togs' subsequent post about not rendering the images other than Cassie's. I'm looking forward to seeing Bree's Casual Friday attire (along with the other fixes and enhancements) when the 0805 patch edition comes out.
the game works great when you pick cassie as your 1st. rec. ... odd not for some others :unsure:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
the game works great when you pick cassie as your 1st. rec. ... odd not for some others :unsure:
I think you're misunderstanding what was said.

There are two reception desks - one is where the junior receptionist and/or the intern sits, the other is where Lois used to sit and now it's the senior receptionist.

I made the scenes for all the different variations, but somehow forgot the renders for the senior receptionists other than Cassie, which was what I used in testing. So I will get those extra renders done this weekend and add them to the next build.

There are also a number of scenes in your office where you see the receptionist in the background - I need to do more of those - it's usually Cassie by default, but it's Aria on the night of the board meeting.

All my own fault, of course, for doing things the way I did! :confused:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

There are two reception desks - one is where the junior receptionist and/or the intern sits, the other is where Lois used to sit and now it's the senior receptionist.

I made the scenes for all the different variations, but somehow forgot the renders for the senior receptionists other than Cassie, which was what I used in testing. So I will get those extra renders done this weekend and add them to the next build.

There are also a number of scenes in your office where you see the receptionist in the background - I need to do more of those - it's usually Cassie by default, but it's Aria on the night of the board meeting.

sorry :(

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Think what a sensational scene if the colleagues had been only male!
Which colleagues would you have picked?

Edit: The only male, outside of the MC, that I would care to speak to outside of a work situation is the lactomax doctor, from the ones that are currently in-game. I certainly wouldn't invite him to my home, though.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

I'm so glad that I picked Cassie for senior receptionist. Even if it did end up getting me stabbed.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes