togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Hi togs-games, sorry to bother you, but would you consider it plausible to publish the game on Steam once it's completed and polished?
Possibly, but I don't know that steam would accept it even if I wanted to.

I never envisaged really "selling" the game, although I'm glad of the contributions from patreon.

I originally posted the game to itch, but they take so much it's not worth bothering to collect it for months at a time.

Reactions: Zoltan Redbeard

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
On the day of the interviews, Lois mentions that some of the girls already work for ASi, and some could be hired for other positions. Two are from The Foundation, and some of the girls are friends.

And then again, there's the much more practical reason that it would have been completely unmanageable to have conditional appearances for all the possible permutations.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Downloaded "functions.rpyc" from Patreon and put into /game. Loaded a save from beginning of Day 25 and got following error
View attachment 2309018
That seems like a much more significant error than any of the others I've seen. Send me the save file, if you don't mind.

But also see previous advice to play to end in previous build and go from there.

Mar 29, 2021

I never envisaged really "selling" the game, although I'm glad of the contributions from patreon.

I originally posted the game to itch, but they take so much it's not worth bothering to collect it for months at a time.
Well, it's not like I know the entire game by heart, however I don't seem to have seen anything that would prevent it from being released on Steam by now :)
In this regard, it is quite common to associate the release of a game on Steam with the sale of it, however, in case and when the time will come, you can always release it as a free game if you prefer, with, if you're interested, maybe just a "supporter pack" DLC for who would like to contribute, with maybe just a few drafts or behind the scenes in it (also, some devs have even released those kind of DLC with nothing at all in it :D ).

I think that, in the end, this could help the visibility of the game in general, making it known to many other potential players.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the reply and keep up the good work (y)

BDI

May 23, 2017
There's only one version of the game and the one here is the most tested and up to date. There's an additional " " file on togs' patreon that you should drop in the game's "game" folder.
Mallory's scene is very easy to select if you pay attention to the story. You decide if you want to help milk her or not and you even get to call her Buttercup or a name of your choosing. If I'm not mistaken, there are two scenes with her, just not in this update.
About the calendar and phone menu not showing, it only occurs to me that you might be using the Transparent Textbox Mod which is incompatible with The Roommate because it doesn't have a specific section for the additional quick menu items. If that's the case, togs has already included a text outline in this version and you only have to drop a blank textbox.png file in the "gui" folder if you want the textbox to go away.
If you use the file, insert it BEFORE you start the game as it will erase the mcs name that you have given him, it happened to me yesterday and I had to start all over again because of it.

Reactions: Vleder and QBaSS

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
If you add this to the end of the After Load in functions.rpy, it should fix the "change player's name to Player" error:

if hasattr(renpy.store, 'pname'):

$ p.name = pname

Reactions: togs-games

Chill-E

May 7, 2018
Wait all these hot girls in this update, flashing and offering themselves to MC and no sex scenes this update? What? did that knife in the back cut off his dick? Dang It!!
No, Just kidding. I love this game. But There better be a lot of sex, (hopefully with different girls), at this pool party, or Ill be "pissed". (Well maybe just slightly disappointed) hehe. Cant wait to see.
LOL Keep up the great work!!

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
I can't seem to get the WALKTHROUGH MOD to show like the example pictures do.
I'm at first choice choice with Kari, and I only see the 3 options as white text, none of that red/blue text added by the mod after the choices.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Calendar issues should definitely be fixed by the patch file, although I appear to have screwed something else up with the MC now showing as "Player" on occasion - looking into that.
Problem seems to be that the player was originally initialised with the name "Player" and you did some weird change to the say screen to make his name appear. Since then you fixed it to set his name properly, but old saves will still have it as "Player" so without the change to the say screen he shows up as "Player". Best fix IMO is to add p.name = pname to the after_load label (and anyone affected can type that in the console in the meantime).

I can't think of anything that Steam would object to, though I'm not all that familiar with their criteria. I don't think there's anything all that controversial in the game at all though, is there?

And then again, there's the much more practical reason that it would have been completely unmanageable to have conditional appearances for all the possible permutations.
Very easily manageable IMO, though I have no problems at all with you choosing not to do it. I've spoken before on how to handle that kind of thing in the context of harem games with choices on which girls can be in or out. The naive way to do it requires 2**n (where n is the number of girls) different versions which is why we do not do things the naive way.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes