JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Also, I want to know why this guy got completely ignored when it seems that he found a problem and a fix. No one even replied to him to tell him he is right or wrong. They just ignored him to insult other players and call them crybabies.
I didn't reply because again it's not a problem with the mod.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
It's better to ignore, then to say some stupid thing without any proof.

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
So she's talking to someone outside the house. In any event, she's talking to another person (or maybe just herself) and observing the car isn't outside, not a reference to a car not being inside a fucking house. :rolleyes:
No reason to insult other forum members just because you don't get what I meant!
The last comment (spoiler) was very superfluous! That's pretty presumptuous !!!
One could in any case interpret the scene as it appeared to me. In my opinion, she should have said the sentence in front of the door. 'The car is not there either' Get it?
And now enough with that!

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Really nice story until Kari's "half sisters" come in out of the blue. Kara's fine, but 3 unknown sisters (to her) is utter crap. Basement cult stuff is complete nonsense and utterly pointless.

The whole karaoke and 4th July barbecue stories are complete trash. This harem nonsense is totally over the top: who needs more chicks when you have Kari & Lois (and Mallory)?

Complete nonsense:
1) Kari working on sunday at the bar with the slutty outfit (seriously, dude: WTF!!) - and she keeps doing it even after she becomes MC's girlfriend!!!;
2) Pete siding with Tim at the board's meeting;
3) a CEO who's going home before his reception desk girls.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I just updated my WT+ mod for the latest update. Did you want to give Lois a dog collar and pay her for sex? Well, now you can! The link is in my sig.

Reactions: krakos9

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Also, I want to know why this guy got completely ignored when it seems that he found a problem and a fix. No one even replied to him to tell him he is right or wrong. They just ignored him to insult other players and call them crybabies.
The problem you're having is almost certainly a novice coding error peculiar to ren'py. In effect, ren'py doesn't keep a sensible call stack by default. If a save is made while in a subroutine and then the code changes, the game gets confused when it hits a return as the line it expects to return to no longer exists where it was expected.

Ren'py gets around this by providing the optional 'call <x> from <y>' syntax. The from clause needs to be a unique string. If included, ren'py keeps track of the matching string and returns to the matching call even if it has moved in the source.

So if the dev is new to the language, it's an easy error to incorporate and a painful one to diagnose.

Or I'm wrong. *shrug*

Last edited:
Reactions: Lexstok

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
talking about somthing else......wtf with the mad doctor dick?why always the bigger goes to the craz0y ones

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
So she's talking to someone outside the house. In any event, she's talking to another person (or maybe just herself) and observing the car isn't outside, not a reference to a car not being inside a fucking house. :rolleyes:

There is a left side to the IQ curve and I get observe it daily on this site...
And the fact that she starts with "Oh!" makes it look very much like she is only just noticing that the car isn't there. After she's already inside the house. Do you get it now?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
And the fact that she starts with "Oh!" makes it look very much like she is only just noticing that the car isn't there. After she's already inside the house. Do you get it now?
I guess I simply think too logically and sensibly to interpret it that way. It's a burden of persons with higher intelligence.

And bless your heart!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Jesus wept! I'm gone for a few days and it's like the world caught fire. I'll need to go back and address some things in more depth, but here's a few for now...

This stuff is supposed to be fun. I still don't really see the need for mods, but if someone takes the time and trouble to provide such a thing, accept it for what it is. Yes, things break (see more on that shortly), but be nice. I'm fairly sure you'll get more with honey than with vinegar.

For people who seem to have endless trouble with saves - try deleting persistent data. Or get in touch and I'll have you send me a copy of your save to check.

There is obviously an issue with the unprotected sex variable, I will look into that, and some other issues that were raised.

I'm also aware that the phone can be problematic. My original thinking was that you don't get a phone and call everyone you know that minute, but I accept maybe some guidance is needed or maybe some form of highlighting, as someone suggested.

Apparently some of you were a bit bothered seeing the Professor's willy. What can I say? He's a crazy old man!

As to Kara saying MC's car's not there either...

MC always parks on the other side of the building from where Kira (the white convertible) and then Kari (in the Range Rover) are parked.

I'll be checking back over the last fifteen pages and deal with the other issues in more detail later.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Jesus wept! I'm gone for a few days and it's like the world caught fire. I'll need to go back and address some things in more depth, but here's a few for now...

This stuff is supposed to be fun. I still don't really see the need for mods, but if someone takes the time and trouble to provide such a thing, accept it for what it is. Yes, things break (see more on that shortly), but be nice. I'm fairly sure you'll get more with honey than with vinegar.

For people who seem to have endless trouble with saves - try deleting persistent data. Or get in touch and I'll have you send me a copy of your save to check.

There is obviously an issue with the unprotected sex variable, I will look into that, and some other issues that were raised.

I'm also aware that the phone can be problematic. My original thinking was that you don't get a phone and call everyone you know that minute, but I accept maybe some guidance is needed or maybe some form of highlighting, as someone suggested.

Apparently some of you were a bit bothered seeing the Professor's willy. What can I say? He's a crazy old man!

As to Kara saying MC's car's not there either...

MC always parks on the other side of the building from where Kira (the white convertible) and then Kari (in the Range Rover) are parked.

I'll be checking back over the last fifteen pages and deal with the other issues in more detail later.
I like mods cause I like to catch them all. But mostly I like android ports cause different save location and those often come with the mod already added. I do feel like I probably missed out on stuff cause of the phone interface mod interface weirdness, and if someone could figure that out it'd be cool... But I'll be here happily mooching along either way.

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
So I've left with a broken The Roommate game for the fifth time in the last 6-12 months, and I'm told it's no one's fault and it is normal for this to happen. Even though I've played countless other games, like 200-300 other games, and it doesn't happen on them or happens far less often. Okay, fine. Like I said, it's not WORTH THIS BS. I just wish that I could warn everyone from ever playing this game with the mod. Because as I've stated, my saves have broken five times, and my friend (who used the mod) his saves broke three times. Save yourselves the TROUBLE and play vanilla on this one game. Trust me. I love Joker's mods and I use them on all the other games, just don't bother using it on this one. I have attached a copy of my game+mod+saves for 0.8.5 and maybe some nerd with a lot of time can figure out what went wrong and why the 0.8.5 modded saves won't work in 0.8.7, modded or not. Again, this has happened to me FIVE TIMES in the last 6-12 months, for this game and only this game. I was patient. I accepted it. Over and over again. Until finally this time, I didn't COMPLAIN. I ASKED FOR HELP. AND I WAS COMPLETELY IGNORED WHILE EFFORT WAS MADE INTO CALLING OTHER PEOPLE CRYBABIES OVER REPORTING A BROKEN DOWNLOAD LINK. I'm sorry for being bewildered and frustrated. I should have done a better job of expressing my JOY and COMPLETE CONTENTMENT. Just for the love of God, don't ever use the mod on this game. You will regret it the next time that the game gets updated. If I play the game vanilla from now on, and my saves still break as horribly as they have been when playing the game modded, then I will come back and say its all on Togs. But I'm not convinced that it is. If Togs changed something between 0.8.5 to 0.8.7 to break a 0.8.5 modded saves, I still feel that the mod can be adjusted accordingly so that 0.8.5 modded saves can work in a 0.8.7 modded game. How is this logic flawed? AND I'M STILL WONDERING WHAT IS THE POINT OF CREATING A MOD FOR A GAME WHEN THE SAVES BREAK EVERY SINGLE VERSION FIVE FREAKING TIMES? IT'S BETTER TO NOT CREATE THE MOD FOR THAT TYPE OF SITUATION. IT'S BETTER TO LEAVE THAT GAME UNMODDED UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS FIGURED OUT AND SORTED.

Mega
I had similar problems that I solved by using Unren.bat to activate the Console and in game used SHIFT+O and entered "jump ch##" (where ## = day you want to play). Esc to exit console and gameplay and saves/loads function with no problems. Works with or without Joker's WT Mod.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I can't keep them straight either, but Kira should be Kara here.
Fixed!

Q: People may not remember Anisha (the other barista)

Added a little exposition to cover that.

Q: Players who haven't picked sexual options with Tilly previously might consider this conversation a bit full-on.[/QUOTE]

Made conditional with alternate text if MC hasn't shagged Tilly.

Q: I can't remember any previous sex scenes with either Aria or Shae, so that scene seemed a bit out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's the lead-in to a further story development.

Q: If the MC makes Lois admit she's a whore to her old teacher, she (and the MC) will already be aware that she's not wearing her bottoms...

Code:
            gn "{i}But you might want to put on some panties and clean yourself up;
            you reek of sex, you little tramp.{/i}"
That's what Gina is THINKING - she doesn't say it out loud.

Q: Making MC's lines redundant:
p "{i}Oh, shit! She never put her bikini bottom back on...{/i}"

This is the first time MC has realized.

Q: Having the option to make the offer to the teacher come with strings attached depend on having hired and pursued Cassie

Actually, that was a quick test that I should have refined (based on MC making sex a condition of Cassie getting an apartment). I'll see if I can refine that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In this instance, Jennie's made it clear that she wanted to seduce MC. I think it's reasonable for him to respond that way, even if he's not interested. But maybe that's just me.

Q: I don't remember Kayla being doll-sized?

Okay, that is a weird one. Kayla is sized at 93% of the size of a standard Genesis 8 model. Somehow in loading a partial scene, she was reduced to 93% of 93%, taking her down to 86%! At the time, I thought she just looked extra tiny because of the angle and the fact she wasn't wearing heels. I'm going to re-render that for the next build.

Q: Scale on this one seems off as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've checked this and it's actually correct, but I agree it looks off. Will try tweaking the camera angle.

Q: Hold one -> Hold on

Fixed for the next build.

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Mikey. You not only tried to help me once, but twice. I thought that wouldn't be a good solution when you told me about it the first time, because I thought that it would only let me play that day again but not actually use the save. And I also thought that it would only help one out of the many saves that I have (and that might still be the case). But if the last save will work after doing this, that doesn't sound so bad.

Unfortunately, I gave it a try just now and it did not work. I installed the 0.8.7 game with the 0.8.7 mod. I used UnRen to activate the Console. I then started the game. I was immediately presented with an error message so I didn't even get a chance to see the Main Menu.

View attachment 2680739

I'll try it a few more times and see if I can get it working. Maybe I messed things up when I deleted some of the lib folders that I usually do to free up disk space like the linux ones since I use PC.

UPDATE:

Okay, I just tried the 0.8.7 game without the mod and no file/folder edits or deletes. I opened the game. I was on the Main Menu. I opened up the Console. It just keeps throwing me errors.

View attachment 2680764

I just tried it again. This time I tried ch#60. Still nothing but errors.
When I used Unren.bat I initially choose option 1 - unpack rpa files and then option 3. Sorry I forgot to mention this before.

As to your problem with the 'after.load', I opened JokerTextBox in JokerMod directory and changed lines 8 to 20 with the following:

# label after_load:

# if hasattr(store, "g_textbox_transparency") == False:
# $ g_textbox_transparency = 50

# if g_textbox_transparency == 0:
# $ g_textbox_transparency = 50

# $ prev_scene = renpy.game.context(-1).scene_lists.at_list['master'].keys()[0]
# $ renpy.scene(layer='master')
# $ renpy.show(prev_scene)

# return

and I no longer got this problem.

Hope this solutions work for you.

Reactions: otakugamerz

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Reactions to 0.8.7:
I'm not going to mass-quote your reactions, but I always enjoy reading them!

A few quick points...

The back-fitting of the simulation was made necessary by some other changes. It was originally planned for the previous release, but wasn't ready in time. I thought I would move it to week 10 but that wasn't going to work either. However, I did warn that people with a serious interest in Lois should re-play the Friday.

There was never an appointment made for MC to see Sylvie, it was just a good excuse to have her come by and see him. As to her passing out, I'd just been reading about the hours young doctors put in and she certainly seemed to be doing so while we were in her care. So I felt it was reasonable that it would catch up with her.

Now we've met all four of the girls, I'm surprised nobody noticed the relationship between the alphabetical order of the girls' name and the size of their breasts! Just wait until I introduce Kora...

You've slightly pre-empted an upcoming discussion. The four girls aren't full sisters! But all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

We first met Anisha the day MC and Lois picked up Kara - she was training at the coffee shop.

Chloé was the receptionist at the London office.

And I don't doubt that we'd have heard Vanessa's last name at some point, but not so you'd instantly go "Aha! That's Marcus's last name too!" I bet very few people could tell us his last name right now without looking it up! It's Blythe. A play on words, of sorts, because he lies so blithe-ly.

I screwed up with the "Four Non-Blondes" gag. It was the name of a band that had a huge hit with a song called "What's Up", but I had a brain-fart and used "Kiss Me" which was by Sixpence None The Richer. I'll fix that before the next release!

I will say that you're conflating the LactoMax program with the Sisterhood. While both have links to The Foundation, they are completely separate.

Time's getting on! I should get back to work. It's really gratifying that at least some people are enjoying it!

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
The animation for Kari's little stunt to tempt MC in the bedroom was great and not something I recall seeing in a VN before, but it's always great to see in real life.

• Red Heart
Reactions: togs-games
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes