FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
The MC was unconscious in the hospital?
I understood that ;) but that refers to the skip in days... and using a naming pattern like chapter_xx doesn't necessarily matches with days, so continuing the sequence would have been just as logical.
That just peaked my curiosity...

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I understood that ;) but that refers to the skip in days... and using a naming pattern like chapter_xx doesn't necessarily matches with days, so continuing the sequence would have been just as logical.
togs uses "ch" instead of "day" as a naming convention, even though "day" is what is meant by it. And I think he mentally divides the game's arcs into weeks instead of days anyway.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Except that it did match with days up until that point. It would make no sense at all to suddenly change that.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Except that it did match with days up until that point. It would make no sense at all to suddenly change that.
Maybe the Dev should make a file named Ch47-55 and only insert a remark that this covers the time the MC was unconscious in the hospital. Yes, it's not necessary but will satisfy the curiosity of those who take a look at the code/the files and didn't recognize the connections.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I have played up to Day 62 - the party but get an error after MC cums in Aria.
Traceback attached:
View attachment 2733083

Any help would be appreciated.
Took a look in the code, normally (when you start a new run), every girl should be defined using the class Girl, which has a member called unprotected. Did a quick playthrough without any problems, do you have a save file to take a look into?

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
Took a look in the code, normally (when you start a new run), every girl should be defined using the class Girl, which has a member called unprotected. Did a quick playthrough without any problems, do you have a save file to take a look into?
Got 2 save files - before the errors - attached:

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Got 2 save files - before the errors - attached:
Open up the console and put in aria.unprotected = 0. That will fix it.
Yep but the main problem is that the save is based onto an older version, he will have problems with future versions when other arrays will be called.

The best way is to start a new game cause the chars have many more attributes, starting a new one with the actual version will initiate all of them and you will have no problems with other chars.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yep but the main problem is that the save is based onto an older version, he will have problems with future versions when other arrays will be called.

The best way is to start a new game cause the chars have many more attributes, starting a new one with the actual version will initiate all of them and you will have no problems with other chars.
Or, and try to bear with me here, you could use the console to initialise them too, or just wait until next update when that bug will be fixed if using the console scares you so much.

• Angry
Reactions: BTLD

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Or, and try to bear with me here, you could use the console to initialise them too, or just wait until next update when that bug will be fixed if using the console scares you so much.
I don't know about how smart you are but i don't assume everyone knows how to use the console. Maybe it scares you to think about that much others don't have the ability or confidence to use something were false inputs can fuck up their game. That's why i prefer to suggest simple solutions without necessary knowledge of any special. Yes, there are several ways to restore or add missing data but that's for the ones who know exactly how to do.

Any hey, i'm rather scared you giving advice which is too complex for most than really help (at least, you should have gave him a info how to enable and use the console).

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
I don't know about how smart you are but i don't assume everyone knows how to use the console. Maybe it scares you to think about that much others don't have the ability or confidence to use something were false inputs can fuck up their game. That's why i prefer to suggest simple solutions without necessary knowledge of any special. Yes, there are several ways to restore or add missing data but that's for the ones who know exactly how to do.

Any hey, i'm rather scared you giving advice which is too complex for most than really help (at least, you should have gave him a info how to enable and use the console).
I already know about the Console (SHIFT+O) as I used UnRen.bat to extract the rpa files, but using that still gave the error about "'Girl' object has no attribute 'unprotected'"

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I already know about the Console (SHIFT+O) as I used UnRen.bat to extract the rpa files, but using that still gave the error about "'Girl' object has no attribute 'unprotected'"
As Facepalm-Master of Puppets already wrote, using
Python:
aria.unprotected = 0
in the console adds the necessary var and you should gain no error from there (best is to save after using, so that the new var is in the save file).
But, as i stated, it's always better to start a new run when a new version is released (or at least after a couple of releases, maybe when the dev mentioned bigger changes). Sometimes there are new values that were instanced only at a new run to enhance the game, some (but not all) devs mark old savegames as incompatible to avoid things like that (so you are forced to do a new run).

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Since I am usually not bothered with full reviews I just spill out a quick one:

This project should be a lesson to many a dev around here how to make a good product. Without knowing the dev's age I dare to say this has to be a pretty mature person that knows how to address an audience properly that crosses multiple cultures and languages. I seriously enjoy the non-intrusive infos whenever words, abbreviations etc leave room for either interpretation or are uncommon for outsiders - this feature alone earns several stars in my book.

Bringing back the oldschool feel during character creation by asking a few questions instead of putting some arbitrary numbers into some attribute-like thing was a great start. This combined with very few easy to understand mechanics for energy, time and money made this enjoyable right from the start and gave me a proper feeling of being 'me' as the player.

Even with several ingame days of seemingly no progress I felt encouraged to stick with it and keep on playing - just to be surprised several times by the story's turns. No unneeded animations disturb the flow, there is room for my own fantasy to fill gaps and holes and the choices of relationships are nicely spread out to offer real variety.

tldr: togs-games Very well done and proof that good story and product dont require the latest assets and fancy shit

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
An event in the update is quite unpopular, and (no offence meant to togs) doesn't seem to have been thought through very well. I believe that it is probably going to be made optional in the next build.
What was it, a swinger's club or something?

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes