Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Haha, you can say that with most harem stories, far too many, in the end I only know Kari and Lois, and like them, I don't even know what kari's sister looks like.
Well, you know her for sure because she lives with you and Kari. Anyway, Kari's sisters, Lois and Mallory are key plot elements. Cassie, Kayla, Rei and whatever aren't.

Aug 3, 2023
Well, you know her for sure because she lives with you and Kari. Anyway, Kari's sisters, Lois and Mallory are key plot elements. Cassie, Kayla, Rei and whatever aren't.
Yeh the others I don't know. What I meant it, if you show me pictures, I would only recognize Kari and Lois (with old hair), and not the rest, not even kari's sister. And see I call her Kari's sister, I don't even remember her name...

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay... objective opinion on Lois' new hair... This is NOT a hate rant because I don't hate it. However, it is a rather common hairstyle that I have seen on hundreds of other models in other games. Her original hair was sexier and more original. I can't say that I have ever seen that style done exactly like you did it. It lent a unique quality to Lois' beauty that isn't present in the current style. That said, the current style is actually more fitting for Lois' new job title. It is more professional, less fashion model, more fitting for a COO. That also means it is not as sexy which is likely why you got such rancid backlash, my friend.
Like many others, I liked how Lois looked with her old hair - it was appropriate for a young woman on a limited income.

It always (intentionally) looked bleached - the old CEO, Tim calls her a bleached blonde whore at the board meeting before MC fires him.

But, as others have said, she gets a big promotion and her hair is the first thing that's going to change.

I went through dozens of options before trying the original version of the hair she has now (my exposure to other VN's is very limited, so I wasn't aware of it being used elsewhere).

However, the original version of her hair as it's sold is parted on the opposite side.

I reversed it to keep her parting on the same side and brought in the stray strand that was present in her old hairdo, so you'll see that occasionally falling forward when she gets cross or whatever.

I will say that there's some curl in the new hair that makes it look shorter than than it is, but it's not significantly shorter than the old style.

If you've pushed Lois down the LactoMax path, you'll see her hair looks longer and less coiffed when she's recovering from her surgery.

But really? I hate it so much I'm not playing any more? Bye!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I know it would be work to render alternatives but I think it would be cool to have more input on characters dress.
Although I haven't played many other VN's, one of the things I hated was the fact that most characters wore the exact same outfit for virtually the whole game.

Kari, Lois, and many others are in unique outfits almost every day. That's a significant extra workload but I always thought it was worthwhile.

It's also expensive, I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on assets over the last two years. Many of them have yet to be used, so there is plenty of variety to come.

I might consider doing something as a VERY occasional option for a date night or something, but how I'm supposed to do more than that, I don't know!

There is, of course, the option to request an outfit if you're a VIP Patron. Remarkably, nobody has ever taken me up on that.

Aug 3, 2023
Like many others, I liked how Lois looked with her old hair - it was appropriate for a young woman on a limited income.

It always (intentionally) looked bleached - the old CEO, Tim calls her a bleached blonde whore at the board meeting before MC fires him.

But, as others have said, she gets a big promotion and her hair is the first thing that's going to change.

I went through dozens of options before trying the original version of the hair she has now (my exposure to other VN's is very limited, so I wasn't aware of it being used elsewhere).

However, the original version of her hair as it's sold is parted on the opposite side.

I reversed it to keep her parting on the same side and brought in the stray strand that was present in her old hairdo, so you'll see that occasionally falling forward when she gets cross or whatever.

I will say that there's some curl in the new hair that makes it look shorter than than it is, but it's not significantly shorter than the old style.

If you've pushed Lois down the LactoMax path, you'll see her hair looks longer and less coiffed when she's recovering from her surgery.

But really? I hate it so much I'm not playing any more? Bye!
We fell in love with Kari & Lois, because they were so beautiful, having her different hair sometimes is okay, just like clothing. But if she looks so different that we don't recognize her anymore, she is like different girl...

zombhunt

Jun 10, 2020
Never said I was leaving, I said there wasn't anything attracting me to the characters anymore. If someone new comes along that I like I may continue.

I like long hair and glasses, the very things removed from Lois, Kiki would be ok if she was less busty and an actual main character like Lois.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Quick responses to some of the feedback from Master of Puppets and Gregers, both of who raise valid points.

Master of Puppets:

Lois's boobs aren't bigger yet, but that outfit defintely accentuates them!

The fact that there's the extra space isn't secret - you're talked to Jed about opening it up on a couple of occasions.

Lois also knows it can be used as an elevator to go UP, but isn't aware of the basement, as far as we know!

The problem with having Lois use her slave name, or whatever, is that I have no way of knowing if a player chooses an actual name, or a term.

That leaves me with a situation where she could say "I'm his Lana" or "I'm his whore", to take an easy example.

That reminds me that I clearly haven't quite fixed some issues with slut/whore status - I'll be taking another look at that.

I don't believe the history with Suzie and him having a period of banging everything that moves conflicts with the original player choices. I think that could explain MC becoming anything from an incel to a "player" later on.

Presumably, the police wouldn't have known he was rich before pulling him over. The car implies a degree of wealth, but I'd venture to suggest that MC's net worth is in the low tens of millions, certainly not billions!

You are right that Lois should probably ask where he's been but then again, he is the boss! Still, I will probably tweak that.

I felt like MC's conversation with Officer Jane was certainly flirtatious, didn't see it as him going all out to try to pull though.

The loisdates issue should be fixed (should have been lois.dates).

I had used the "former" thing elsewhere, overlooked it in a couple of places. Should also work correctly in the next build.

Typo corrected.

Gregers:

You are right about the Maid thing. I hadn't flagged it originally. It would work correctly on a new playthrough, but you're correct in saying it wouldn't be triggered by a saved game. My mistake, but nothing I can do about it, except to note that I have previously mentioned people might want to roll back to Sunday night/Monday morning as we go through this cycle.

I think it's well-established at this point that the original idea of asking the player to specify MC's age was not a great idea, although it seemed like it at the time. If I ever get around to a Gold Edition, I'll remove it and assume MCs age to be thirty-ish.

I take your point about Lois's attitude to Kiki. I felt like it was clear that Kiki fancied MC, but perhaps need to expand the conversation, and you're probably right in saying that perhaps MC's reactions might vary depending on his history/character profile.

The interaction with Office Jane was intended to be flirtatious more than a full-on attempt to seduce her.

Don't want to say too much, but I will refer you to the old saying that pride comes before a fall.

Beyond that I will say that I think I'm fairly responsive to all the feedback I get here and elsewhere.

Some things I can (and will) change, some things I can't, or won't.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Presumably, the police wouldn't have known he was rich before pulling him over. The car implies a degree of wealth, but I'd venture to suggest that MC's net worth is in the low tens of millions, certainly not billions!
Even moderately wealthy doesn't make for good prey, and I'd expect that officers patrolling this area should know what he drives – though the car is new to him, it was his uncle's so it isn't that new. And if they didn't then when he rolls the window and they do see who he is, I'd expect an "Oh shit we pulled over someone important" reaction. If someone important is in a hurry, do you want to be the one who gets in their way? Though the most bizarre thing about the whole interaction is how completely they ignore SOP for a traffic stop. Instead of going to his window, they tell him to get out of the car and come to them – wait, no, too far, that's too close! Have you ever seen that?
I felt like MC's conversation with Officer Jane was certainly flirtatious, didn't see it as him going all out to try to pull though.
He suggests that she use his personal shower. That seems fairly all-out, though it's possible that that coming right off of him and Lois bullying Kiki without any kind of input influenced perceptions a bit.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Beyond that I will say that I think I'm fairly responsive to all the feedback I get here and elsewhere.

Some things I can (and will) change, some things I can't, or won't.

That much is beyond dispute. I've been badgering you for, let's see, two years and about 178 pages now and am yet to be visited with actual physical violence in response.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The interaction with Office Jane was intended to be flirtatious more than a full-on attempt to seduce her.
He suggests that she use his personal shower. That seems fairly all-out, though it's possible that that coming right off of him and Lois bullying Kiki without any kind of input influenced perceptions a bit.
Yeah. I read it as a pretty straight-forward proposition as well, but as you say, we may be influenced by the preceding scenes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A minor thing that both the scenes with Suzie and the cop show up is that this multinational corporation seems to keep an open-door policy for the CEO's office. Both strange women just walk right in, although apparently the cop had at least said hello at reception first and been waved through.

From a story-telling perspective it lets them appear as a surprise to the MC and the player, but within the logic of the game world it's a bit odd.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
I am giving some thought to how to make the phone more user friendly. There's also the "I.R.I.S." function coming soon that will give you access to personnel files, etc.

There's a selection on the main menu - "Gameplay" where this is discussed.
What about a way to ask I.R.I.S. to remind MC to call people, with a choice to snooze or accept with it bringing up the phone? I have forgotten to call the hotel girl a couple of times, now. :ROFLMAO:

• Hey there
Reactions: Janus_Apex

internet_says

Jul 17, 2017
I might consider doing something as a VERY occasional option for a date night or something, but how I'm supposed to do more than that, I don't know!
Thanks for the reply, yeah that is basically what I was talking about, or even (I'm not an expert so this could be not how it works but)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If that is how things work, then you could use existing assets to have scenes like lets say Lois has to give a press conference and wants the player's opinion on her outfit, and then the player based on their relationship/stats can choose to modify what she wears; like buttoned jacket with nothing under, or no jacket but wearing semi transparent blouse and bra, or just wearing semi transparent blouse no bra or jacket, or wearing semi transparent blouse and nipple jewelry no bra or jacket or just approve jacket blouse and bra combo she picked. Based on what outfit you go with the event changes. But again I know that would probably be a lot of rendering work to do. I do think the variety of outfits is great and impressive, the whole game is great really.

Reactions: Janus_Apex

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Even moderately wealthy doesn't make for good prey, and I'd expect that officers patrolling this area should know what he drives – though the car is new to him, it was his uncle's so it isn't that new. And if they didn't then when he rolls the window and they do see who he is, I'd expect an "Oh shit we pulled over someone important" reaction. If someone important is in a hurry, do you want to be the one who gets in their way? Though the most bizarre thing about the whole interaction is how completely they ignore SOP for a traffic stop. Instead of going to his window, they tell him to get out of the car and come to them – wait, no, too far, that's too close! Have you ever seen that?

Actually, he does tell Kari early on that he (MC) bought the car himself - an indulgence after getting the promotion.

As to the stop procedure, perhaps I'll have to goose it up a bit. The simple fact is that when I tried it with MC remaining in the car, it was impossible to get good angles without horrible issues with reflections and lighting imbalances.

You may be right about how it comes across. It didn't seem terribly outrageous when I wrote it. Maybe I'll find a way to tweak it a little.

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
A minor thing that both the scenes with Suzie and the cop show up is that this multinational corporation seems to keep an open-door policy for the CEO's office. Both strange women just walk right in, although apparently the cop had at least said hello at reception first and been waved through.

From a story-telling perspective it lets them appear as a surprise to the MC and the player, but within the logic of the game world it's a bit odd.
I justify that (to myself at least) with the fact they're short-staffed - also my excuse for the fact there's often nobody at the reception desk when we look from the point of view of MC's desk.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
What about a way to ask I.R.I.S. to remind MC to call people, with a choice to snooze or accept with it bringing up the phone? I have forgotten to call the hotel girl a couple of times, now. :ROFLMAO:
I'll probably include something like that, depending on how important it is.

I'm also thinking about maybe having a way to highlight people in the address book if there's a possible reason to call them.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
wow now I'm puzzled Cop ? Carstop? on what path or are you talking about a ver. not leaked yet ?

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Actually, he does tell Kari early on that he (MC) bought the car himself - an indulgence after getting the promotion.

As to the stop procedure, perhaps I'll have to goose it up a bit. The simple fact is that when I tried it with MC remaining in the car, it was impossible to get good angles without horrible issues with reflections and lighting imbalances.

You may be right about how it comes across. It didn't seem terribly outrageous when I wrote it. Maybe I'll find a way to tweak it a little.
TBH, I think our lovely officer Jane pulled MC over just to check him out and get his digits!:love:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
..when lois and kiki are wearing jackets, it seems like the jacket, the blouse and the bra/nipple jewelry are modular separate items as well as with kari stripping it seems the items are separatable.
In Lois's case, the choker and nipple jewelry are separate elements that can be overlaid on a base graphic that doesn't have them.

But any, and every, variation requires additional renders and the accompanying logic. That's always a potential source of errors, as anyone who's experienced invisible receptionists can tell you!

The Kari stripping thing at the end of Day 66 was a little experiment; I wasn't at all sure people would like it.

It was very limited, in any case, because I decided she probably couldn't remove her pants without taking her shoes off first.

Whether I do more of that kind of thing, or even remove it, is largely dependent on feedback.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes