togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
If I were you, I would release an Official Walkthrough pdf and remove every mod from the OP.
It's not that simple, I'm afraid. Everyone seems to think there are correct choices or a best way to play and that's simply not the case. I will give some thought to a doc with some notes though.

It's also not my right (nor would it be right) to remove the mods from the thread. I've said my piece, if people still want to use them that's their call.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
It's not that simple, I'm afraid. Everyone seems to think there are correct choices or a best way to play and that's simply not the case. I will give some thought to a doc with some notes though.

It's also not my right (nor would it be right) to remove the mods from the thread. I've said my piece, if people still want to use them that's their call.
I know you said your piece, here and on Patreon, but most F95 users simply aren't interested in reading what devs and other users say.
Just check any thread: people ask the same questions over and over and over. You often see some random dude asking a question when somebody else has already answered it a couple of posts above.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm not a fan of the mods, as I've said many times, but, in this case, I think the fault was mine. Perhaps the mod does encourage certain choices as being the "right" ones but I did have to make some changes. Mea culpa.
Many times I have enjoyed a modded play even MORE than the published version. There are even a select few that I will NOT play without the accompanying mod. Then there are games that are better off not modded. This started as a game in which I preferred the modded play because of the added info regarding results of choices saving me time from playing every angle to find the same information. That last mod update had the slave Lois path lit up like opening night on Broadway! Not only that, the mod insisted on saying there would be less content if you didn't pick that option. There were even additional scenes that I didn't choose or want to see in that last update with the mod... No thanks. Not going to say don't put that content in the game. I just don't want to see it! The release version already handles that. The mod did not. Also, I'm pretty sure that the most recent update to the mod was NOT created by Joker Leader but another party who took Joker's mod and extended it themselves. This was while Joker Leader was away on holiday. Last I heard, Joker wasn't working on a mod for this title any longer. I have no confidence in whoever is currently attempting to replace Joker's mod so I will continue to play the published version here. You said, "Mea culpa" but I'm telling you memento vivere, amicus meus.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
The mod encourages it because, so far, that is the only path that has content. right now, if you choose the girlfriend path, Lois barely interacts with the MC.
See, this is the problem. Mods should always help us find the content we want, even if the dev hasn't written it yet. Clearly, the mods aren't making proper use of the Ren'py timeEddy library.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I couldn't disagree more.
It makes a big difference if you want to spoil the story or if you want the story to develop in the direction you want.

Personally, I also play with the mod because the game is way too non-linear (and that's definitely not a bad thing) and I'd like my relationships with certain people to go in a certain direction. Sometimes you can predict the consequences of your actions, but sometimes it's a wild bet. How do I know if being an asshole will lower the person's trust or if it will make them more submissive? Such things are simply impossible to predict.

The only gameplay where you can 99.99% easily predict the consequences of your decisions is a boring and faithful vanilla boyfriend who is nice to everyone and wants everyone to like him. But I'm pretty sure that this is not the route that the vast majority of players will choose.

Personally, I think it would be good to differentiate some dialog options by color.
Practically the empathy perk from Fallout :ROFLMAO:

Red would be showing your dominance over the person.
Blue would be an effort to increase trust in your person.
Pink would be trying to make the person more slutty. (Sorry, no pink color on this forum)

I think most people wouldn't need any mods then.
It's not about knowing exactly what your decisions will cause, but what you're trying to achieve with them.
Pink would be #FFC0CB. Well, that's one shade of pink, at least.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
That was my point. That job had a meaning at the beginning, but now....
It didn't even have meaning in the beginning... she could have just chosen any work in retail... she chose a titty bar...
As said before... it's NTR bait...

It made no sense in the beginning... now it's a liability for the MC.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
It didn't even have meaning in the beginning... she could have just chosen any work in retail... she chose a titty bar...
As said before... it's NTR bait...

It made no sense in the beginning... now it's a liability for the MC.
Well one can debate that at the beginning she was too shy and wanted to gain confidence and maybe trigger some jaelousy in the MC, and even if it's a NTR bait, the reasoning behind the choice is understandable, but after she got engaged with the MC and as the future mother of his child, she MUST leave that job. She doesn't even need extra money anymore!

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Well one can debate that at the beginning she was too shy and wanted to gain confidence and maybe trigger some jaelousy in the MC, and even if it's a NTR bait, the reasoning behind the choice is understandable, but after she got engaged with the MC and as the future mother of his child, she MUST leave that job. She doesn't even need extra money anymore!
Trigger jealousy in the MC... NTR bait...
She didn't need the money in the beginning either... MC would have provided.
I don't see her choice as reasonable at all.
You don't have to work at a titty bar to gain confidence... that's just absurd.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Trigger jealousy in the MC... NTR bait...
She didn't need the money in the beginning either... MC would have provided.
I don't see her choice as reasonable at all.
You don't have to work at a titty bar to gain confidence... that's just absurd.
I will argue the money point. When she started working, I don't think she had necessarily told the MC about why she needed the money. And it's not unreasonable not to want to start off a friendship with your (at the time) platonic roomie by asking for money. It brings up the chance that you're at best a leech, at worse a gold digger; if you're interested in a dating relationship (or even just a physical one), then at worst a whore.

And, despite the clientele, she did get better tips than she would have probably gotten as a waitress at a restaurant with a more modest dress code.

However, given the details surrounding her robbery, I can't really think it out of line for him to recompense her for what was stolen. Once that's resolved, the money isn't an issue (to nearly the extent, at least). The main remaining incentive to work where she was (or worse, to move on to an even more serialized workplace) would either be to help her become more comfortable with her sexual side, or just because she really likes it. If the former, then it's a bad call; I don't buy that she'd get more comfortable there, especially once she and the MC have started their sexual relationship (up until then, she may be concerned that she isn't signaling her interest well; that may be true to an extent, but the MC is going out of his way not to make her feel like she has to put out to have a place to stay).

If she just decided she liked working in that environment, and that in and of itself is not a turn-off for the MC, then we're back to the idea that there should at least be a conversation. As the CEO of his company, having a girlfriend who works at The Tilted Kilt, or an actual titty bar, has the potential to violate any sort of morality clause in his contract (which, given what all the former CEO got up to, may not be present), or at least impact public opinion, and stock prices.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
JFC people....
It's a testament to togs-games character creation and story, that players have such high feelings for Kari and Lois. Of course we all won't agree on plot points, but we all care enough to at least give him some food for thought, as we all want the game to be the best it can be. All the best to him for the future updates.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's a testament to togs-games character creation and story, that players have such high feelings for Kari and Lois. Of course we all won't agree on plot points, but we all care enough to at least give him some food for thought, as we all want the game to be the best it can be. All the best to him for the future updates.
It's gone way beyond 'food for thought'...I'll not say where it's gone as don't wish to upset the mods again. Some people here seriously need to get a grip though and go and get some fresh air.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I'm sorry but this argument they're having isn't a testament to anything, I've seen this same rodeo in many others threads before when anything remotely similar happens. (Basically anything where a love interest is "eye candy" for other dudes)

I personally just don't give a fuck as long as a story doesn't force any netorare crap down my throat, or have unavoidable sharing content in a harem setting. (only talking about with guys, I'm not in the "eww lesbian sex icky" club).

I mainly just want to enjoy a game with a good plot/writing/characters etc., without going full Karen because OMG there's other male characters in this game and they're looking at my fictional girlfriend, or OH NO my fictional girlfriend is playing tonsil hockey with this other hot chick. I feel like the people who usually feel this way are the ones who self insert themselves as being the MC, instead of just enjoying it for what it is from the outside looking in.

Anyways, most of the hardcore vanilla/harem crowds will always be having these arguments with people in these threads that has this oh so controversial content, it's nothing new. Should something like a LI working at basically hooters be optional, sure I don't see why not, I feel most content that will cause these types of reactions and shitstorms should just be made optional to avoid the headache in the first place. I'm personally just not bothered, I'm just going to keep playing and enjoying. :cool:

Go ahead... hit me with those facepalms.

:LOL:

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes