Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
For what it's worth, the titular roommate is the MC. He is the roommate of Kari (at home) and Lois (at work).
I'm not sure you understand what "Roommate" means if you think it applies to Lois. She doesn't live with him, and won't unless she becomes his girlfriend. Staying over for the weekend while she recovers from surgery isn't enough to qualify as a roommate.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
I'm not sure you understand what "Roommate" means if you think it applies to Lois. She doesn't live with him, and won't unless she becomes his girlfriend. Staying over for the weekend while she recovers from surgery isn't enough to qualify as a roommate.
BTW, MC is the roommate - he shares a space both at home and at work!

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Chrisdarock19 I also TY for finding that quote - It was new to me and it puts a different twist on things. I was just a dumb lemming like most asd assumed it was Kari since that was the main interaction the MC has to start the game, and by the time the game expands I guess I had stopped thinking about the title.

And I, on the other hand, regret any offense my earlier comments about problems with mods could have caused. I am frustrated that mods with the same name are not compatible with one another, :mad: but I also am fully aware that modding is way beyond what I personally have the time and experience to do on my own, and I certainly would never want to discourage anyone with that skillset from doing it just because I pitched a bitchy little hissy-fit. I'm just spoiled and don't like it when my escapism comes with work I have to do to get it to run the way I want it to. 1000% First World problems. :censored:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
The dev has a habit of going back and changing up bits and pieces with each new update, which will often cause conflicts with any mods (and means that it's not always advisable to pick up a game from right at the end of the previous update, even in the vanilla game: Going back a few in-game days or a week will often throw up new additions).
That is true, but that's why the version number starts with a zero!

Most, if not all, of the changes are based on feedback.

I recommend you make a save for each day of the game, but it's even more important to save your progress on Sunday evenings as each new build cycle covers a week of game time.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I had originally planned to release the latest build before the end of September, but had to take some time yesterday to deal with some personal stuff.

I didn't want people thinking I'd delayed it for financial gain, so this release will be public from the outset.

I'm on Pacific Time and I've still got a handful of renders to complete to satisfy Master of Puppets' suggestions (which absolutely made sense) and I'm testing some tweaks made to clarify a couple of other things.

Should be available later tonight - I'll post on patreon and here once I've uploaded it.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Reactions to 0.9.9 and Reactions to 0.9.12
Not going to quote everything, but responses to most of the questions/criticisms (the praise I'll just gratefully accept):

I'm not going to comment on Kari working at the bar at this point. It'll play out.

Updated the dinner date for Lois to wear collar, etc, as appropriate.

Lois fibbing about the surgery was a combination of things. I'm sure she'll explain herself in time.

I think GF for Kiki would be a bit much at this point. Plus she's a Genesis 2 character. I'm in the process of rebuilding her as Genesis 8, but it may be a while!

I'll simply plead artistic license on the amount of time Lois spends in the hospital, although it is only one night and I would think having implants removed would be somewhat traumatic. I thought having MC stay with her through the night was nice and MC gets to show his impatient side a little when the nurse tells him he'll have to leave, like the way he could be harsh with Mrs. Jakes or the people at the bank when they pissed him off.

I think we'll find the reporter hasn't been entirely forthcoming. Not letting her talk to the interns was not to do with them being busy - you've "met" them - would YOU let them represent your company by talking to a reporter?

When MC arrived at the hospital, Lois was just supposed to be in the restroom or something.

Lois wanting to drive home is just her being stubborn. She didn't want to leave her car there so she left well before MC was due to pick her up. And it really was just one night in the hospital. EDIT: I was having a brain fart, thinking about that first night where MC stays over. You were right, it was two nights total.

I've rejigged the section where you talk to Lois about relationships. One way or another, MC wants her living at Lastname Park, whether it's with him or in her own apartment.

If you previously wanted Lois to be your girlfriend, there were previous conversations where MC said now wasn't the time. Well, now it is!

I'm puzzled by the date problem with the calendar. It should refresh completely each Monday morning. If it doesn't get corrected the following Monday, I'll ask you to send me a save so I can debug it.

As to the issue with it advancing the dialog, I'll have to ask you if you can point me to how to avoid that.

The fourth was a Saturday, so the 11th is too.

Follow-on sentence now correctly attributed to Kiki.

EDIT: One other thing. When Lois is sleeping and you're talking to her... IF you choose "I've fallen in love with you", it loops around, changing the prompt on the second pass.

For example:

Menu Prompt: "You have to hurry up and get better, because..."

Menu Choice: "I've fallen in love with you, Lois."

Menu Prompt: "But leaving that aside..."

Menu Choice: "I'm going to milk you like a cow."

So now (deep in her subconscious) Lois knows you love her AND want to milk her.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Lois wanting to drive home is just her being stubborn. She didn't want to leave her car there so she left well before MC was due to pick her up. And it really was just one night in the hospital.
It really wasn't. She went in on Thursday, day 67, and came home on Saturday, day 69. That's two nights.
As to the issue with it advancing the dialog, I'll have to ask you if you can point me to how to avoid that.
Don't use jumps when you want to show a screen. Just show it, and hide it again when you're done. I can have a quick look at what needs changing if you can't figure it out. It should be pretty simple though.

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It really wasn't. She went in on Thursday, day 67, and came home on Saturday, day 69. That's two nights.

Don't use jumps when you want to show a screen. Just show it, and hide it again when you're done. I can have a quick look at what needs changing if you can't figure it out. It should be pretty simple though.
You're quite right - I wasn't thinking of the night MC stays there.

I'll have to dig deeper into the screen thing. Sorry, old dog, new tricks.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
So I liked this, I'm into some of the girls, there's some hot content, and I like that there's multiple routes for the girls.

However, it sorta feels forced and restrictive in a way.

Take Kari (or whatever the main ginger one is it messes me up that there's 4 of them with a similar name)... I'm not into her, I'll fuck her, and I'll put a baby in her for self-preservation (mainly because I like breeding), but she's just a side slut to me, I rate her lower than Kayla, Cassie or even Vanessa that you've not gotten to fuck yet... but it feels like the game is trying to force you into having her be someone you love. Why does the MC sleep on the couch once it's established that there's a FwB/slut thing going on, there shouldn't be any less content because you're treating her casually than if she was a gf, it should just change the nature of scenes or maybe just dialogue if that's less work... him on the couch goes on for ages despite him owning multiple flats, it's really annoying. Also people are saying shit like I hope you treat her right, and do you really love her... erm, no not at all nor have I said anything in that regard. Might be my fault for choosing options that gave points but that's just the MC trying to get his dick wet... I even did a separate run where I treated her as badly as possible outside of choosing sex, not giving her lifts and things and that woman at the bbq still seemed to think I loved her.

Lois has the reverse problem. She's got tons of slut content, but not that much if you're actually into her and want her to be a GF. It feels like the game is designed for Kari to be a GF and Lois to be a side-piece. Personally if I had my way then Lois would be the singular "girlfriend" (but not the only one getting dicked) and a total switch so while she'd be subby to the MC it'd involve her taking out her jealousy by domming all the other women in his life and making them please her if they want to get any time with the MC (though I get that's fairly niche so not something I expect to be included). The funny thing is that all that slut content for her is hot, and I'd happily have that going on, but as some kind of slutwife so all that content could all be reused (if that's the right term). In a similar vein I don't think her being a whore or a submissive should be mutually exclusive, let people have all the scenes on those paths if they so choose.

I wasn't so into the all phone/calendar thing either, I'm guessing I probably could have fucked the Barista more but it was kinda finicky with when it'd let you call and things (and doesn't seem to let you start that process until way after you've started the arrangement), just have them be normal events that happen during the flow of things if you're on that route. After you agree to pay her you then get like 10+ coffees and she does nothing for you... by this point I'd kinda expect her to already be preggers.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
(...) It feels like the game is designed for Kari to be a GF and Lois to be a side-piece. (...)
It feels like that for a reason.

The game started with the dev's vision for Kari as the main love interest and sort of spiraled from there, more or less, as they had new ideas and players added their feedback. Not a bad thing at all, but it means that there is a direction for the story as originally envisioned, and then there's all the other stuff that's popped up along the way.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
So I liked this, I'm into some of the girls, there's some hot content, and I like that there's multiple routes for the girls.

However, it sorta feels forced and restrictive in a way.

Take Kari ... I'm not into her

Lois has the reverse problem

I wasn't so into the all phone/calendar thing either
As Gregers said, Kari (the redhead) was always intended to be the main LI - it says as much in the blurb for the game. Lois was originally intended to be the slutty secretary and very much a side character, but she's fun and easy to write, and by virtue of her job, MC spends a lot of time with her.

This is my first game and that very much shows, especially in the early stages. I didn't know what a "sandbox" was when I started this, or "NTR" or a million other things. I try stuff out, some things work better than others.

Some characters and events provoke strong responses - people are VERY vocal about things they don't like, but getting useful positive feedback is hard so there are things that get sidelined because it's rare for someone to say "I really liked such and such..."

There are exceptions. There's a gag early on where Mallory tells MC she's in "dire straights" and MC tells her there's no "money for nothing"...

A couple in the Ukraine said that was the funniest thing in the last year and sent me a $100 gift card for renderosity!

Finally, it is just me, ONE person, that has to do everything, so there are lots of things I'd like to cover, but only so many hours in the day, so until I can clone myself there's only so much I can do!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just some silly examples of the things you don't think about when you're playing/critiquing a game:

- new outfits for most characters EVERY time you see them, often involving fixes or modifications to the stock objects

- approximately 1000 new renders for Week 10 of the game

Saturday - Day 69:

- make Kari's car keys (actually done for an earlier release, but had to be made by me)

- make the cotton swabs and the little kidney tray the nurse is using as she takes care of Lois

- the phones MC and Kari have - made by me when they first had them

- Lois's and Kiki's chokers - made by me (they're different generations of figure so each one is made to fit)

- the texture for Kiki's tatoo, originally an iray decal, now part of her actual skin texture - a major pain in the ass

- little things like the magazines on the shelf unit by the door

- Kiki's nipple tassels

Sunday - Day 70:

- fixing the textures for the "new" waitress at the pizza place (that was me having a little fun - she was a very popular model years ago but wasn't made to today's standards)

- way too much time spent on trying to make convincing spilled coffee (a fail, in my opinion, but I tried!)

- making chicken soup (that it turns out you never actually see because of the camera angle)

- making a single slice of pizza from a model that was originally half of a pizza

- fix the UV maps for the parking lot the apartments sit on

- rejigging the exterior model of the apartment complex so the bloody interior actually lines up

- new tires for MC's car (compare how it looks when you drop Lois off with the older images)

- rebuild the truck that originally had doors on the back to have working rolling shutters

- make a version of a cardboard moving box so the bottom breaks open

- make the little shipping boxes for Gina's toys

- make a reasonably convincing "gel" texture for Lois's dildo

Going forward, Week Eleven requires a rebuild of the executive suite to allow for them expanding MC's office.

I'm also working on the new house that MC will move into with the sisters if you follow that path. I ended up buying a model (while it was on sale, fortunately) that looked like a good match for the other buildings, so that helps, but there's a lot of work to be done, nonetheless.

Finally, I freely admit I'm a really shitty animator, that's really hard work for me!

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Just some silly examples of the things you don't think about when you're playing/critiquing a game:

- new outfits for most characters EVERY time you see them, often involving fixes or modifications to the stock objects

- approximately 1000 new renders for Week 10 of the game

Saturday - Day 69:

- make Kari's car keys (actually done for an earlier release, but had to be made by me)

- make the cotton swabs and the little kidney tray the nurse is using as she takes care of Lois

- the phones MC and Kari have - made by me when they first had them

- Lois's and Kiki's chokers - made by me (they're different generations of figure so each one is made to fit)

- the texture for Kiki's tatoo, originally an iray decal, now part of her actual skin texture - a major pain in the ass

- little things like the magazines on the shelf unit by the door

- Kiki's nipple tassels

Sunday - Day 70:

- fixing the textures for the "new" waitress at the pizza place (that was me having a little fun - she was a very popular model years ago but wasn't made to today's standards)

- way too much time spent on trying to make convincing spilled coffee (a fail, in my opinion, but I tried!)

- making chicken soup (that it turns out you never actually see because of the camera angle)

- making a single slice of pizza from a model that was originally half of a pizza

- fix the UV maps for the parking lot the apartments sit on

- rejigging the exterior model of the apartment complex so the bloody interior actually lines up

- new tires for MC's car (compare how it looks when you drop Lois off with the older images)

- rebuild the truck that originally had doors on the back to have working rolling shutters

- make a version of a cardboard moving box so the bottom breaks open

- make the little shipping boxes for Gina's toys

- make a reasonably convincing "gel" texture for Lois's dildo

Going forward, Week Eleven requires a rebuild of the executive suite to allow for them expanding MC's office.

I'm also working on the new house that MC will move into with the sisters if you follow that path. I ended up buying a model (while it was on sale, fortunately) that looked like a good match for the other buildings, so that helps, but there's a lot of work to be done, nonetheless.

Finally, I freely admit I'm a really shitty animator, that's really hard work for me!
That's some interesting stuff. You never really think about a lot of these things until you're working the virtual backlot firsthand.

To anyone who's interested, I updated my mod to support the latest version of the game, v0.9.13, which is free on Patreon but not currently available on this thread.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes