Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think I should probably devote my time to game content, so I'm going to crack on with that.

I've edited the post about the girls' bums to include a spoiler with the answers.
Welp, the only one I thought I could identify was 08 as Rei because she has a big ol' booty, but I didn't even get that one right.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
It's a bum deal. The next release includes the 4th of July Pool Party at the MC's condo development and the girls soon get into the swing of things. But can you tell them apart from behind? Or should I say "from their behinds"?

View attachment 2129249
Of course, it's a lot more difficult with the white mode removing the skin textures. I've mixed them up a bit, but broadly speaking, the first ten or so are easier (although you may miss a couple depending on which interns you hired), with the last half dozen considerably harder, I think.

I'm thinking I could post a zip file with the images so you can print them out and make one of those memory games.

Don't shout out the answers, I'll post them in a "spoiler" later!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ok thats alot of nice asses .... i want them all :p hehehe

hmmm lets see i'll say 3 kinda looks like Lois ...... 6 Kara for sure ( love that babe ) .... 1 Tilly maybe .... or Cassie ... dammit man your not making this easy ... i think 5 might be that babe Aria but it does kinda look like Mallory's also .... arghhh i give :unsure:

Last edited:

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
Does the latest update end with Kara outside the bedroom of Kari and the MC having sex or is there more content beyond that for 7.1 update?

Edit: I figured it out already sorry for the question there is more content after.

joshrip

Dec 21, 2017
Is it just me or is Dr Harlow a ringer for Maya Hawk (from Stranger Things season 3)

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I posted a quick update over on . Basically I'm making headway, but there's a shit ton of rendering to be done. However, the story and the various new features (the revamped phonebook and calendar, and the event queue) are far enough along that I'm going to ask for volunteers to take a look at a pre-release, probably this weekend.

I will ask the same folks who did it last time if they're still willing, but if one or two more want to participate, let me know.

Bear in mind that playing the pre-release amounts to a massive spoiler when it comes to the full release - there aren't going to be too many surprises at that point.

I think it's fair to say that most of the plot developments tend to happen during the week, and the weekends are mostly fun stuff, so I'm going to do the same as last time in terms of getting the first release out - it will cover the weekdays and the weekend's events will be added in a later build.

Reactions: Zenae

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I posted a quick update over on . Basically I'm making headway, but there's a shit ton of rendering to be done. However, the story and the various new features (the revamped phonebook and calendar, and the event queue) are far enough along that I'm going to ask for volunteers to take a look at a pre-release, probably this weekend.

I will ask the same folks who did it last time if they're still willing, but if one or two more want to participate, let me know.

Bear in mind that playing the pre-release amounts to a massive spoiler when it comes to the full release - there aren't going to be too many surprises at that point.

I think it's fair to say that most of the plot developments tend to happen during the week, and the weekends are mostly fun stuff, so I'm going to do the same as last time in terms of getting the first release out - it will cover the weekdays and the weekend's events will be added in a later build.
togs ... will we have to start a new game with the newer stuff you've added ? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yukiko I

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

This isn't going to turn the game into some sandbox thing is it? Ever since hearing about this calendar stuff and setting up events, it's had me worried that you're going in the direction of sandboxing.

Not a fan of sandboxes, and would be a crummy thing to do after it's been a VN all this time, and then all the sudden it shifts into sandbox mode.

Reactions: Arcane666

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
togs ... will we have to start a new game with the newer stuff you've added ? :unsure:
Mods aside, I don't think so! Obviously this last year has been a big learning curve - there are any number of things I'd do differently if I was starting over, but I think I've learned most of what I need to in order to avoid the problems we had in the past.

I have, however, found a couple of errors that I need to find an elegant solution to.

One is that I forgot to track whether you spanked Lois!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
This isn't going to turn the game into some sandbox thing is it? Ever since hearing about this calendar stuff and setting up events, it's had me worried that you're going in the direction of sandboxing.

Not a fan of sandboxes, and would be a crummy thing to do after it's been a VN all this time, and then all the sudden it shifts into sandbox mode.
I don't know what sandboxes are in the context of a game, to be perfectly honest! Care to explain what you mean?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I don't know what sandboxes are in the context of a game, to be perfectly honest! Care to explain what you mean?
Nailing down a definition can be tricky but it's generally used here as distinct from visual novels (where events happen in a particular order and the player is occasionally asked to make choices that lead them down various branches). A 'sandbox' lets the player roam freely through an environment, finding and triggering events around the setting in a less defined order.

Some people enjoy sandbox gameplay, but it has a lot of very vocal critics on this site, not least because a lot of the games on here that try to implement it don't do it very well. It can involve a lot of empty clicking around e.g. a map or a phone trying to find the way to trigger the next event, and the story risks becoming disrupted and disjointed if events don't proceed in a logical order.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
gregers pretty much nailed it.

Free-roaming locations, with maps to different locations. Time schedules (day, afternoon, evening, night), days of the week and such as well. It leads to a lot of mindless clicking trying to find events and following (sometimes) quest logs to do things at specific times.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With the mention of the calendar and how we set up dates and events and such, it has me worried that this game is going to go into that direction. Time schedules/days of the week, location hunting for events, etc. Just hoping that isn't going to happen.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Nailing down a definition can be tricky but it's generally used here as distinct from visual novels (where events happen in a particular order and the player is occasionally asked to make choices that lead them down various branches). A 'sandbox' lets the player roam freely through an environment, finding and triggering events around the setting in a less defined order.

Some people enjoy sandbox gameplay, but it has a lot of very vocal critics on this site, not least because a lot of the games on here that try to implement it don't do it very well. It can involve a lot of empty clicking around e.g. a map or a phone trying to find the way to trigger the next event, and the story risks becoming disrupted and disjointed if events don't proceed in a logical order.
Thank you, that makes sense (SA's response also came in as I was writing this). I also did some research in the meantime. So where does The Roommate fit in that spectrum?

Clearly, there's a broad story arc of the MC's life from moving into the apartment and assuming the leadership of the company.

My original premise was that Kari was the primary love interest and that the player might have the occasional dalliance on the side. Then Lois took on a life of her own, and it's hard to imagine the game without her now. So the two of them are central, although it's conceivable that either or both could exit the story at some point IF that's the player's preference.

I always wanted to break away from a purely linear format, but that's mostly with respect to the side stories and the exact timing of things. So you might decide, for example, to spend a Tuesday evening at home watching a movie with Kari or go out with Ashley or Mallory.

People have criticized the early part of the game for being boring - too many nights watching TV in the apartment, for example. The system I'm working on now would have helped alleviate that, assuming I had the time to create the relevant content!

There are also story arcs for side characters like the receptionists. They can be pursued, or not, without impacting the main story in any way (apart from the visual annoyance when I cock things up and you end up talking with the voice of one character and the image of another).

So, without giving too much away, in the next release Lois wants to hire an additional receptionist to help provide cover for lunch breaks, days off, etc. There are two girls from the previous pool of candidates and with the help of the phone book (and a little serendipity) some additional options are made available. To my mind, it provides a little bit of variety and spontaneity to the experience. But there are no quests or whatever and it's certainly not my intention that people go blundering through the game skipping days at a time.

Whatever its faults, I think the game provides entertaining interaction with key characters, and there's more to come on that side.

I also think it's fair to say that I make myself accessible and that people's opinions are heard and taken into consideration. Certainly, the game would not be what it is today were it not for feedback (and help) I've received here.

I'm not what you might consider a serious gamer. I came across "Princess Trainer" when I was looking for pictures of Princess Jasmine for my daughter to colour! After that, I tried a couple of CG (rather than comic-style) games, but wasn't thrilled about the clothes that were apparently sprayed onto sagging boobs and the incest (which I found amusing at first) wore a bit thin.

Foolishly, I thought I could do better. Looking at the docs for ren'py had me imagining a system where you'd use layers to switch clothing, expressions, etc, and the early graphics reflect that. As I said, there's been a learning curve.

It seems like I've been saying this forever, but I really would like to do a Gold Edition (or whatever) and properly integrate all the changes that have been shoehorned into the structure over time, but people will only complain that their saves don't work!

Anyway, time's a wasting, and I have a lot to get done!

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
It seems like I've been saying this forever, but I really would like to do a Gold Edition (or whatever) and properly integrate all the changes that have been shoehorned into the structure over time, but people will only complain that their saves don't work!
They'd complain about a lot more than that, as remastering is a very contentious topic on F95.

Its completely normal for new developers to look back at their early efforts and blush at the mistakes they've made or feel embarrassed by dodgy renders, so they decide to redo their initial efforts with the benefit of experience and hindsight. That's probably how you see it as the game developer, but players see it the developer trying to 'milk' their Patreon customers for more money by greatly extending the game creation time, or worse still, a sign that the developer has run out of plot ideas for new content and is pulling a similar trick to keep the money coming in until inspiration strikes. Players tend to take a very dim view of both practices, even if the developer is innocent of malicious intent.

The safe alternative is to wait till the game is complete before remastering the earlier content, but that risks 90% of players deserting before you finish, because they've already got what they wanted and are looking for new games. The other 10% will praise your rework, but probably still complain about save incompatibility, so you can't win either way. :)

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes