4.40 star(s) 32 Votes

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I'm sorry I "stole" your title... but if you want to hear good news, I also spent a long time before deciding to try to make my own game... I can tell you that it is much more difficult than it seems, especially if you do everything alone, but at the same time it is very rewarding! So jump in the pool, give your best effort and the best of luck to you!
Regarding Buffy, it's the best show I saw in my youth, I really love it and that is why I chose it as the background for my render... so don't worry about having seen it too many times, you are not the only one! (I even have the soundtrack of that chapter and I listen to it often...)
I hope you finish the update and tell me your final thoughts...
I'm really enjoying it. This is the first one in a while that has really hit me in the feels. By the time we get to the second morning, I'm right there with the MC, not able to decide what to do. It has funny moments, but doesn't stray into ludicrous comedy, which is nice. The characters are fun and interesting to get to know. The concept is a lot of fun in itself, and I can't wait to see where we go next. The choices are meaningful and make sense. There's nothing in the plot that stands out as weird or out of place that is not mentioned and discussed by the characters, which I also appreciate.

There was some painful clipping in the animations in the first part, and I meant to check for improvement in part two, but honestly I got distracted by the story and characters! That and a few small lingering grammar issues are the only complaints I can see. Otherwise, the whole thing is very well put together. Great work!

Reactions: olecramid

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
maybe i´m not the first one saying this but the way this girls character is, it would be the coolset to make it a open harem story where he fell in love with all of them and vice versa...so everyone would be happy at the end....the next is if you play a game 1 time till end why play again???? thats what i never get in all this multiple ending thing....seen 1 ending , delete and go to the next vn....and how long will it take till you have all updates to play every ending??? but the start was interessting...lets see if you can hold this flow... and all good luck (y)
In the mainstream videogame world, a lot of people feel that "replay value" is a big selling point, and some people feel that ought to hold true for AVNs. More bang for your buck, no pun intended... although I probably should have intended it...

Reactions: v1900 and olecramid

PervySage

Apr 30, 2017
Hey PervySage,
How are you?
I saw a post after yours that someone make a walkthrough, I will pin it on the first page, maybe you can try that... but I can give you a hint...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh I was very honest haha maybe it's a mac issue, I'll try the mod and see if it does something different

*edit - it was the hug, I went for the hand kiss haha

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Except for the renders that are a bit darker on purpose, I don't see the rest that way...
Maybe it's your monitor settings? Does this happen to anyone else? Please let me know...
My monitor settings are fine. I play enough games. You are not the only one.

olecramid

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
I'm really enjoying it. This is the first one in a while that has really hit me in the feels. By the time we get to the second morning, I'm right there with the MC, not able to decide what to do. It has funny moments, but doesn't stray into ludicrous comedy, which is nice. The characters are fun and interesting to get to know. The concept is a lot of fun in itself, and I can't wait to see where we go next. The choices are meaningful and make sense. There's nothing in the plot that stands out as weird or out of place that is not mentioned and discussed by the characters, which I also appreciate.

There was some painful clipping in the animations in the first part, and I meant to check for improvement in part two, but honestly I got distracted by the story and characters! That and a few small lingering grammar issues are the only complaints I can see. Otherwise, the whole thing is very well put together. Great work!
I'm really happy that you liked it.
I need to work more in my animations, that's for sure!
But I will keep trying to do my best and improve them!!

Reactions: Guyin Cognito

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
After playing this one, I've got to say I really enjoyed it. I like the pacing and the framing so that the LIs don't just exist for the MC. They have their own stories and personalities.

I may be a bit impatient, but Maggie already is my favorite. I'm a sucker for a competent, strong, beautiful woman like her. I cannot wait to see her eventually in game.

I do want to be empathetic to every one of them, especially Emily, given her situation, not for the purposes of shtupping them.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Great game olecramid !Really enjoying it. I feel like the characters explain too much their reasonings and intentions, but as an introvert who overthinks things, i would like to live in a world like that.

Some possible mistakes that i spotted:
Erika: MC, I thought you understood what i told you at least a thousand times yesterday. Either you're (up) front with me or you're going to lose for sure(.)
Erika: For(From) your point of view and at this moment, unfortunately yes...
MC: Well, to be honest with you, there were times when I presumed... (assumed? its the same difference than between asumir y presumir in spanish)
Erika: Just presumed??(assumed?)
Amanda; Maybe then I am no so right. You wanti(delete the "i") to get out of your comfort zone...
The chess board is flipped at the beginning. When Rachel says that she already won and the mc tells her that not always are whites the ones that win she has black on her side, then as the game starts the whites are on her side
Rachel: I win a time and the game. -- Not sure about that, not a chess player. A time?

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
Interesting premise, a sweet romantic start yet very sexual from start to finish of the chapter. I'm curious as to how their relationship will turn up, both like each other but one is hurting from another.... It's cute​

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
In the mainstream videogame world, a lot of people feel that "replay value" is a big selling point, and some people feel that ought to hold true for AVNs. More bang for your buck, no pun intended... although I probably should have intended it...
i would agree with you if they were structured more like Japanese VN where you have a common route and then each girls route is completely different. in these vn the main story is always the same and you change some events with the girls you like. its actually really boring seeing a lot of the same things over and over again and i start skipping them besides the new scenes. it ruins the pacing of the game. The other way they work is that you string all the girls along and then at the end you dump them all when you choose one girl, which i think is even worse, especially since the protagonist is often not self aware of the fact that he is being a gigantic piece of shit

olecramid

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
Great game olecramid !Really enjoying it. I feel like the characters explain too much their reasonings and intentions, but as an introvert who overthinks things, i would like to live in a world like that.

Some possible mistakes that i spotted:
Erika: MC, I thought you understood what i told you at least a thousand times yesterday. Either you're (up) front with me or you're going to lose for sure(.)
Erika: For(From) your point of view and at this moment, unfortunately yes...
MC: Well, to be honest with you, there were times when I presumed... (assumed? its the same difference than between asumir y presumir in spanish)
Erika: Just presumed??(assumed?)
Amanda; Maybe then I am no so right. You wanti(delete the "i") to get out of your comfort zone...
The chess board is flipped at the beginning. When Rachel says that she already won and the mc tells her that not always are whites the ones that win she has black on her side, then as the game starts the whites are on her side
Rachel: I win a time and the game. -- Not sure about that, not a chess player. A time?
Hi Aner!
Thanks a lot for this!
Some people trashed my English but none of them took the time to do this. I really appreciate it. I will correct these issues right now.
The chess board scene is fine. At first it's randomized, since it's not known who plays with each color, once the draw is made, Rachel wins white, therefore the board is turned so that she plays with that color.
In chess, "Ganar un tiempo" (win a time), at least in Spanish, means when a player makes a move with the sole purpose that the opponent has to move something forced leaving him in a disadvantageous position. I have no idea if it's the same expression in english...
I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Reactions: LionHeart 95

olecramid

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
olecramid
Is his ex-g/f (Milena) going to make an appearance ?
Hello BTLD,
At least at this moment, I have no intention of Milena showing up.
Obviously this can change depending on how the story unfolds, but from what I have come up with so far, no, she is not going to appear.

Reactions: BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello BTLD,
At least at this moment, I have no intention of Milena showing up.
Obviously this can change depending on how the story unfolds, but from what I have come up with so far, no, she is not going to appear.
awesome , thanks
love Rachel :D

olecramid

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
Rachel (I guess she's a LI) is my favourite character here but I'd like to see what happen when MC meet up with Emily!
Yes, Rachel is a LI and I think she's a really nice character, you will see more of her in the next update and find out what's her secret is all about...
I'm looking forward to meet Emily too!! It won't be that long...
Changing the subject completely, I love ALL the games of your signature, I hope that mine will win a place there one day...

Reactions: Aner878787 and BTLD

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
i would agree with you if they were structured more like Japanese VN where you have a common route and then each girls route is completely different. in these vn the main story is always the same and you change some events with the girls you like. its actually really boring seeing a lot of the same things over and over again and i start skipping them besides the new scenes. it ruins the pacing of the game. The other way they work is that you string all the girls along and then at the end you dump them all when you choose one girl, which i think is even worse, especially since the protagonist is often not self aware of the fact that he is being a gigantic piece of shit
I believe I've played some of those Japanese VNs, and I absolutely agree with you on that point. It is unfortunate that a lot people seem to think "different paths" means little more than slightly altered versions of the same scenes, and that definitely makes multiple playthroughs tedious and unappealing. Ideally, different paths should be genuinely different paths, and there's just a lot of indie developers that either don't have the time/rendering power to produce whole separate branches or they just don't want to be bothered with it.

The "date everyone and choose at the end model" could be seen as cruel, I get what you mean. I try to think of it in terms of the difference between dating and "going steady." It's not unheard of in real life that people will date multiple people at once, with no expectation of polyamory. In that case, because there is no declaration of exclusivity, it's not considered cheating, but everyone should be kept in the know and realize that, sooner or later, a very sad decision is going to have to be made. It's rough, but it happens. That said, the way it plays out in AVNs is still an exaggeration of the concept--most real people wouldn't get that involved with so many people at once. From a design perspective, it does allow the player to just play the game once, get all the scenes, and still have a unique ending available for each girl. So, it's a bit of a trade off I guess. An otherwise decent and kind MC is constructing a situation that's going to crush several people, but for a linear game it means the player gets the most convenient experience with a variety of endings.

Honestly, polyamory is maybe the kindest option for a linear AVN, but I don't think the idea has enough acceptance in real life to avoid feeling like a trope, especially if it starts to be more common in AVNs. It's also not something that I would ever do in real life, but like I always say: I probably wouldn't fight a dragon in real life either, but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing about it.

Reactions: zenupstart
4.40 star(s) 32 Votes