5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Vampira

Nov 24, 2017
I'd not say it sucks. It's fun, even though I personally got stuck very quickly. The art is great. However, as all of the sex scenes are locked to none patrons, it's only got limited fun. In fact, without the sex scenes, you may as well Play The Secret of Monkey Island.

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
If you remove the h-scenes, there's basically no reason to ever play the non-patreon version. I would rather play the Secret of the Monkey Island or Myst.

Reactions: Reese286

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I think I still have some of the different monkey island on my computer somewhere even have some of the Sam and Max ones somewhere too. Maybe I should fire one of them up.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

It already has the big tit tag listed in the top tags.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
To the developer:

You're really going to struggle finding Patreon supporters with your current business model of releasing public versions without H-scenes. Not only that, I checked your Patreon page and the lowest amount you allow supporters to pledge is $5 per month.

In my opinion Patreon should be more of a "tip jar" rather than a subscription service. That means allowing your fans and supporters to pledge smaller amounts while still giving them a free public version that includes sex scenes. Why do this? Because fans are more likely to give you money if they like the game, and let's be honest, no one is playing your game for any reason other than to watch the sexytime happen. If you remove the sexytime, you remove any reasons for players to even want to visit your Patreon page.

Now having said that, you might consider doing what most other Patreon devs do: release the most up-to-date version to your Patreon supporters earlier than the public versions. Example: let's say you've just finished version 1.6. You release that to Patreon supporters first, and then when you finish version 1.7, the 1.6 version gets released to the public and 1.7 becomes the new Patreon version. Higher Patreon tiers mean supporters get the new versions even earlier, for example.

This kind of business model is way more approachable to players of H-games. I support a few developers who use this model and I'm happy to do it because I know that the money myself and other fans pledge is what keeps the developer going, but also (here's the more important for you, a developer, to understand) I wouldn't have pledged in the first place if they hadn't had public versions available for me to try first. And I certainly would not have pledged if the developer had no H-content available in the public version.

Just a thought. It's your business and your game so you can obviously do whatever you like, but your current business strategy is turning all of your potential fans away. I'm a huge Monkey Island fan so this game is right up my alley (even with the giant boobs, I can overlook that if the scenes are good), but based on the way you're handling all of this it just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you're able to take some of the recommendations in this thread (not just mine) into consideration.

NRTMHA

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
To the developer:

You're really going to struggle finding Patreon supporters with your current business model of releasing public versions without H-scenes. Not only that, I checked your Patreon page and the lowest amount you allow supporters to pledge is $5 per month.[...]
I'm not the developer, I'm just the 3D artist, but will talk with the team about it all.

But being honest, in F95Zone, full releases will apear soon, being public or patreon only, I know it with my other project (Lust Town) and is ok, I help as much I can :D

But we do the public version (at first time, we thought about dont do it) just for people to try the game. We have to be serious with patreons, who support us and want "something else". But we talked about make the public version with at least one H scene, (the voodoo maid one) and we are on it.

Really thanks for your post, as I said, I will talk with the whole team about it.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
(Lust Town)
:rolleyes:

I think it's smart to make the first couple of full releases free, this forum seems to be a good marketing vehicle for future patronage. Hard to make people sign up to pay without being able to sample the whole shebang. :)

NRTMHA

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
It worked!

Release is now free for all. After asking patreons, they accepted and well, dev team too, so...

Download it from Mega... And if there is no one mentalist like @UncleVT , I don't know if main post of this forum is updated, so get link on patreon site (and comment, join our discord server, follow us and, if you want, pledge us! ;):coldsweat:)

Vampira

Nov 24, 2017
Brill, all I need now is a clue as to how to actually get further forwards than what I have done :-D

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
It worked!

Release is now free for all. After asking patreons, they accepted and well, dev team too, so...

Download it from Mega... And if there is no one mentalist like @UncleVT , I don't know if main post of this forum is updated, so get link on patreon site (and comment, join our discord server, follow us and, if you want, pledge us! ;):coldsweat:)
Fantastic news! Thank you for listening :)

I'm going to give it a try. I'll report back if I have any constructive feedback to provide. Hopefully it has the same Monkey Island humor I grew up with...

(Look behind you, a three-headed dildo!)

:)

Reactions: NRTMHA

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
just finished the playthrough of the full demo And I have to say I'm somewhat amazed , the animations and renders are beautiful you made the right choice in leting the whole package be released to the public.
The last release here made me think the game was shite but this release was helluva lot better , i really think you'll get yourselves a few more pledges just because of this decission .
Keep up the great work :)
one thing though... at the governor's mansion when you get in to the room and watch her the text changes to spanish even in the english version :)

NRTMHA

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
just finished the playthrough of the full demo And I have to say I'm somewhat amazed , the animations and renders are beautiful you made the right choice in leting the whole package be released to the public.
The last release here made me think the game was shite but this release was helluva lot better , i really think you'll get yourselves a few more pledges just because of this decission .
Keep up the great work :)
Thanks a lot! And we hope that work, we need support to keep the project alive.
one thing though... at the governor's mansion when you get in to the room and watch her the text changes to spanish even in the english version :)
Make the game in dual language was a hard decision... And give us lot of problems, but well, next release will have those bugs fixed.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
@UncleVT
You need to add "Big Tits" to the list.
Maybe even super large breast would be more like it.

Reactions: NRTMHA
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote