ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
Using the twins patch with update 18 is a problem even without using unren (which enables the developer console).

The underlying cause is the duplication of some return labels (in the original version it is duplication of _call_angles_23 and _call_angles_24). When the code hits the "call angles" which uses the first instance of the duplicated label, it will execute the call and then return control to the second instance of the duplicated label instead of going back to the first. In this case you'll jump from partway through scene 67 over to part way through scene 71. The posted modified versions fixed the original duplicated labels, but created some different ones, so they aren't really a fix.

If you have the developer console enabled it detects the error at startup and throws the exceptions so you know what to fix, but that isn't what is causing the bug.

ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
I've attached a file which should fix this issue if you're using the twins patch (from update 17) with the original update 18 game. Do not try to combine this with the other modified files posted in this thread, since those just introduce different versions of the same kind of problem. It is meant to be unzipped into the main folder with paths, so the resulting file should be: <game location>\game\patch\scripts\update17\scene67.rpym
Note that I am not the game dev so this is completely unofficial. Also note that it is only useful to you if you are playing through the twins scene from update 17 (which is where the bug occurs).

Brawnstar

Feb 8, 2020
I've attached a file which should fix this issue if you're using the twins patch (from update 17) with the original update 18 game. Do not try to combine this with the other modified files posted in this thread, since those just introduce different versions of the same kind of problem. It is meant to be unzipped into the main folder with paths, so the resulting file should be: <game location>\game\patch\scripts\update17\scene67.rpym
Note that I am not the game dev so this is completely unofficial. Also note that it is only useful to you if you are playing through the twins scene from update 17 (which is where the bug occurs).
Thanks so much. Completely fixed issue.

SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Using the twins patch with update 18 is a problem even without using unren (which enables the developer console).

The underlying cause is the duplication of some return labels (in the original version it is duplication of _call_angles_23 and _call_angles_24). When the code hits the "call angles" which uses the first instance of the duplicated label, it will execute the call and then return control to the second instance of the duplicated label instead of going back to the first. In this case you'll jump from partway through scene 67 over to part way through scene 71. The posted modified versions fixed the original duplicated labels, but created some different ones, so they aren't really a fix.

If you have the developer console enabled it detects the error at startup and throws the exceptions so you know what to fix, but that isn't what is causing the bug.
Cheers for looking into this. The strange thing is, on our side, when building the game and in our code, those labels aren't there. I know that RenPy can make adjustments when doing builds, but I am a little baffled by what is causing this. I'm still thinking that where others have rebuilt this, it may have populated those labels automatically... We are seeing if there is anything we can do with a further build to prevent it from happening :)

Aside from that, I hope everyone has enjoyed the update!

DetlaffGlobe

Oct 2, 2021
The update was incredible, I already played it a few times. I didn't have any issues, but I never used a mod and I downloaded from Itch.
The new animation detail blew me away and the images looked so good. The story of realm 2 feels like it is coming together nicely and I cannot wait for the next few versions to see where you go with the story. Hoping Ba’el nd Kagome will be seen a few more times. I will also add that female Ba'el got me a bit excited and I saw in Discord that I was not the only one lul

• Red Heart
Reactions: SeptCloud

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Is it just me or did SeptCloud turn up the rendering qualitiy a notch or two?
The renders were already high quality to begin with but it seems it is turned up to eleven.

Got the feeling with the previous update but the Kagome scene really feels on a new level graphic -wise.

The Kogame character model is really great too, unfortunately the character is bat shit crazy.
Not the fun kinda crazy. The Lillin character seems less mad.

Anyhow, a quality update. Just like all the other ones before.
SeptCloud seems to have gotten their groove on with steady quality updates.

Last edited:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
The update was incredible, I already played it a few times. I didn't have any issues, but I never used a mod and I downloaded from Itch.
The new animation detail blew me away and the images looked so good. The story of realm 2 feels like it is coming together nicely and I cannot wait for the next few versions to see where you go with the story. Hoping Ba’el nd Kagome will be seen a few more times. I will also add that female Ba'el got me a bit excited and I saw in Discord that I was not the only one lul
Is it just me or did SeptCloud turn up the rendering qualitiy a notch or two?
The renders were very already high quality to begin with but it seems it is turned up to eleven.

Got the feeling with the previous update but the Kagome scene really feels on a new level graphic -wise.

The Kogame character model is really great too, unfortunately the character is bad shit crazy.
Not the fun kinda crazy. The Lillin character seems less mad.

Anyhow, a quality update. Just like all the other ones before.
SeptCloud seems to have gotten their groove on with steady quality updates.
Thanks, both. It has been a very conscious effort on our part and has taken a lot of time and investment to get this update up to this level of quality. We have a workflow in place to try and retain this quality while not drastically slowing down our release speed :)

I hadn't noticed how hot female Ba'el was until people started pointing it out in Discord :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you've enjoyed playing!

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thanks, both. It has been a very conscious effort on our part and has taken a lot of time and investment to get this update up to this level of quality. We have a workflow in place to try and retain this quality while not drastically slowing down our release speed :)

I hadn't noticed how hot female Ba'el was until people started pointing it out in Discord :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you've enjoyed playing!
the bad thing is - you have in mind that he´s actual male
a female from the beginning would change a lot , if "she" would be a option for encounters :ROFLMAO:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
The links on the main post have been amended. There should no longer be issues on sex scene jumping for modded saves.
well
to be fair
it was never about "modded saves "
the only thing i (and others) did was unren the .rpa´s and/or activate the dev mode
the internal doubled define of the scenes(or the jump´s) -with the twin patch -caused the jumping , like i shown at one of my posts

anyways - thanks :cool:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
well
to be fair
it was never about "modded saves "
the only thing i (and others) did was unren the .rpa´s and/or activate the dev mode
the internal doubled define of the scenes(or the jump´s) -with the twin patch -caused the jumping , like i shown at one of my posts

anyways - thanks :cool:
Errr, I guess the tampered saves/builds, then :sneaky: but yeah, hopefully no issues with that now!

ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
Cheers for looking into this. The strange thing is, on our side, when building the game and in our code, those labels aren't there. I know that RenPy can make adjustments when doing builds, but I am a little baffled by what is causing this. I'm still thinking that where others have rebuilt this, it may have populated those labels automatically... We are seeing if there is anything we can do with a further build to prevent it from happening :)

Aside from that, I hope everyone has enjoyed the update!
I think those auto-generated labels (which I think are made by the "Add from clauses to calls" option) are at least potentially not stable across builds. So even if the source files which feed into patch.rpa haven't changed between 17 and 18, the generated labels might be different due to changes in other files or some other reason. Looking at the labels that exist in 18, they are close to, but not quite in the same sort order of the file paths, which seems a bit odd to me.

I think the simplest fix (which still allows you to not re-release the patch when it didn't change) is to manually label the call sites (adding the "from <label>" in the source), but I'm no RenPy expert so there could be a better way.

At the risk of being repetitive, I'll agree with what Beohser said: this wasn't related to anything about modding or rebuilding or unren. Anyone would experience the scene skipping bug of the duplicate labels just by installing the original 18, adding the original twins patch, and playing through the twins foursome scene (scene 67).

Anyway, thanks for being so responsive, and great work on VN.

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I think those auto-generated labels (which I think are made by the "Add from clauses to calls" option) are at least potentially not stable across builds. So even if the source files which feed into patch.rpa haven't changed between 17 and 18, the generated labels might be different due to changes in other files or some other reason. Looking at the labels that exist in 18, they are close to, but not quite in the same sort order of the file paths, which seems a bit odd to me.

I think the simplest fix (which still allows you to not re-release the patch when it didn't change) is to manually label the call sites (adding the "from <label>" in the source), but I'm no RenPy expert so there could be a better way.

At the risk of being repetitive, I'll agree with what Beohser said: this wasn't related to anything about modding or rebuilding or unren. Anyone would experience the scene skipping bug of the duplicate labels just by installing the original 18, adding the original twins patch, and playing through the twins foursome scene (scene 67).

Anyway, thanks for being so responsive, and great work on VN.
Thanks a lot for your help with trying to sort it - very much appreciated. I'm far from a skilled programmer, so it was all a little confusing, but HOPEFULLY, the issue is sorted moving forward!

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I can confirm that the updated main game zip and the updated patch file fixed my issues with scene-jumping.

I had used the mod by AdanGC previously. (That said... I see others here who did not use that mod, but still had/have issues.)

(And ofc the mod won't work right with the updated files, so I'll mention that in the mod thread.)

Last edited:

Morgan0902

Dec 15, 2022
Hey everyone, is there any way of updating the game to the latest version without having to re-download it all the way from the beginning when playing on PC?!

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
Hey everyone, is there any way of updating the game to the latest version without having to re-download it all the way from the beginning when playing on PC?!
not that we know i didnt see any update only download for this one

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Ever since I learn about Realm 4 a few months back I have always wondered how does the MC interacts with the residents of that realm. Are they underwater? The MC is a vampire, so he probably won't die of drowning but how will they talk? Will there be some kind of Aquaman's City of Atlantis of some sort? How they even have sex? It seems like the girls don't even have pussy, and most females aquatic/marine lifes actually release their eggs which then the males fertilize the eggs with their sperm, there is no recreational sex per se :ROFLMAO: But then, I never asked because it is part of the mystery, the not knowing. Anyway, I can think of many ways of doing it, instead I am looking forward on how it will unfold:cool:.
Dolphins, Sharks and Whales have sex. Dolphins actually enjoy having sex according to marine biologists and they actually have pod orgies even with the young apparently. Not sure what else have sex in the ocean, but there are probably a lot more that we don't really know about.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes