autor

Dec 2, 2017
I get that making a game is hard, it takes time, and for every path presented extra work has to be done. That said, if you are going to present such polar opposite choices you are going to get blowback if you don't at least try for some sort of middle path. The choice at the end of the game so far is ridiculous, it's all or nothing. And what's worse, it doesn't fit the character building of Atlas so far. There should have been at least one other option on top of "Lie and tell Lucius" or "Support Ley". At minimum the one other choice should have been "Pull rank and tell Lucius without Lying". Even better, another middle ground choice to say something like "Do what you want, I won't stop you, but I won't help.". She's asking him to risk destroying millennia of work, life, and family because she's "nice".

Edit: Having read more of the replies in this thread I feel like I should point out that in my playthrough I'm supporting Ley. I happen to agree with her personally that what basically amounts to genocide with a few exceptions isn't the best course. My problem is that the choices presented at the end are limited and don't match up with Atlas and his character building.
100% agree! I'm with you, I think the biggest issue for me is the explicit choice to lie. That doesn't fit with how Atlas has been characterized so far, at least as far as I can tell. He sneaky and clever, sure, but he's also loyal to those he trusts, that's the whole point of this issue. He's been honest and upfront almost to a fault with the girls so far, but now he's somehow unable to speak his mind? They can't physically stop him from telling Lucius, and maybe if he told them they could go together and try to find some sort of middle ground. If we're saying that them not telling Lucius makes the realm look weak, then him lying to the others makes him look weak as well.

Hell, even keeping the dichotomy of choices but having the "tell Lucius" option be overt rather than deceptive would have sat a little better, but really it could have easily had three options by going "tell Lucius", "lie and tell Lucius", or "don't tell Lucius". Then two of them are on roughly the same path and don't require much change in renders, etc. but would just change some conversations/variables when the girls find out. Could even give players who pick the lie option a second chance to decide later, to choose not to tell Lucius when given the chance and thus retroactively make his statement truthful, though given the quick turnaround that wouldn't mean much.

Still a great story, but it will be interesting to see how the next few chapters build/react to this.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I get that making a game is hard, it takes time, and for every path presented extra work has to be done. That said, if you are going to present such polar opposite choices you are going to get blowback if you don't at least try for some sort of middle path. The choice at the end of the game so far is ridiculous, it's all or nothing. And what's worse, it doesn't fit the character building of Atlas so far. There should have been at least one other option on top of "Lie and tell Lucius" or "Support Ley". At minimum the one other choice should have been "Pull rank and tell Lucius without Lying". Even better, another middle ground choice to say something like "Do what you want, I won't stop you, but I won't help.". She's asking him to risk destroying millennia of work, life, and family because she's "nice".

Edit: Having read more of the replies in this thread I feel like I should point out that in my playthrough I'm supporting Ley. I happen to agree with her personally that what basically amounts to genocide with a few exceptions isn't the best course. My problem is that the choices presented at the end are limited and don't match up with Atlas and his character building.
We may be getting a bit side tracked focusing on the potential relationship rift as a story branch. The warning on the choice screen points out that the branching is choosing between the Demons or the Witches. I think I was among the first to take exception with "lie" part of the choice and I agree this goes against my perception of Atlas' character. The other potential drama will be any effect on the "bond" because of the choice and, potentially, the "lying". I suspect the bond is stronger than that and hurt feelings will not (ultimately) be problematic. The cost of choosing the Demons over the witches may, more likely, be Seraphina as a love interest. She is likely going to feel betrayed, although, IMO, she should feel fortunate to have survived...

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
although, IMO, she should feel fortunate to have survived...
The literal devil wants to massacre her entire race and burn her realm to ash. Yeah, you'd think she'd be a little grateful to only have half of them get offed and to not only survive, but also be placed in a position of power and leadership instead of down in the mud.

Reactions: motseer

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
We may be getting a bit side tracked focusing on the potential relationship rift as a story branch. The warning on the choice screen points out that the branching is choosing between the Demons or the Witches. I think I was among the first to take exception with "lie" part of the choice and I agree this goes against my perception of Atlas' character. The other potential drama will be any effect on the "bond" because of the choice and, potentially, the "lying". I suspect the bond is stronger than that and hurt feelings will not (ultimately) be problematic. The cost of choosing the Demons over the witches may, more likely, be Seraphina as a love interest. She is likely going to feel betrayed, although, IMO, she should feel fortunate to have survived...
Yeah, that sentence I highlighted is why I went back and thew in my edit. It definitely was the "lie" part of the choice that got under my skin the most, but it's also the all or nothing aspect of the choices. That ties back to the first sentence of my post though, which is that making games is hard, especially with multiple branching paths. But I think you may be right in that it is just poor phrasing on getting us to pick demons or witches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belly97 and motseer

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
And now for a completely different topic.

Am I the only one that thinks that the antagonist, the super powerful witch who also happens to be an incredibly powerful demon succubus is just...ugly? Basically a bad render, that looks weird? I mean Pale Ginger McSaggyboobs is the being that could seduce and best the most powerful being in all the seven realms?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017
For what it's worth, Sparta (technically Laconia, but we'll use Sparta as the name) had several classes of varying privileges, including one for slaves, and they were generally treated relatively well compared to what you might expect (still slaves of course). Also, women in Sparta were actually treated extremely well, especially compared to other areas at the time. They weren't quite considered the equals of men if they had similar status, rank, and age, but they had a lot more freedom and respect than they would have had anywhere else in the world, so perhaps Atlas is influenced by that.
Downtown Abbey serie is a good exemple, the Family treat their servants right but they are still servants, in Ancient/middle age even if slave, they still cost you too much to don't take care of them, like i wrote early without behing a big assole/abusive master i still don't feel the normal mechanic of hierarchy, but a the end it's just my feeling & Dev have the right to keep the story as it is atm... the story is good enought like that.
I don't ask to re-write/remove stuff, as i see the interrest in some paths to have it writed like that, but imo a 3rd path where you are more stern/assertive & maybe more dominating would feel right...

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
Hey SeptCloud!

Here is a small contribution to this amazing VN.
With the big improvements on animations and renders for U19, i came to the conclusion that it was a Sin to watch
those beauties having sex at 15FPS.
So after four(or five) bottles of refreshing beer and some Interpolation magic...
Now we have all those glorious titties and asses bouncing at 60FPS (up to U19).Feel free to check and implement on your own Patreon/Steam build if you like.

To all my fellow pervs here that want to check it:
Unpack your U19 build using Unren >> Extract the files to your game folder. :BootyTime:

Last edited:
Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Am I the only one that thinks that the antagonist, the super powerful witch who also happens to be an incredibly powerful demon succubus is just...ugly? Basically a bad render, that looks weird? I mean Pale Ginger McSaggyboobs is the being that could seduce and best the most powerful being in all the seven realms?
It proves just how POWERFUL the spell really was and so, it wasn't Lucius' fault at all. ;)

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017
Gina isn't a slave or servant.

Once she's trained how she should be she'll be quite high up in the Werewolf heirarchy.
Yet they act way too causaly with each others, even more as the MC state it will just be a relation of convenance & not a romance.
We have the possibility to take advantage of both the state of the brother & the crush that Gyna have, & without being a asshole we are still way too considerate that make us being weird at the end... not friendly enought yet not dominating enought, making a feel of unachieved path or "having the ass between two chairs".
& even if inside the werwolf hierarchy she can be high up, she's still low inside the realm hierarchy, she's only part of minor nobility if i'm not wrong, or at least only a Baroness...

Not to forget she was part of a pack who have attempted a coup & tried to kill the King, that fact only make right to enslave here & every survivor of the pack, or be send to Jail/dungeon

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hey SeptCloud!

Here is a small contribution to this amazing VN.
With the big improvements on animations and renders for U19, i came to the conclusion that it was a Sin to watch
those beauties having sex at 15FPS.
So after four(or five) bottles of refreshing beer and some Interpolation magic...
Now we have all those glorious titties and asses bouncing at 60FPS (up to U19).Feel free to check and implement on your own Patreon/Steam build if you like.

To all my fellow pervs here that want to check it:
Unpack your U19 build using Unren >> Extract the files to your game folder. :BootyTime:
I run into problems with it and I am not so firm with programing , how do I fix this which one should I delete?

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
I run into problems with it and I am not so firm with programing , how do I fix this which one should I delete?
Can't say for sure, but since i only touched the .webm animations, this shouldn't have caused any script related error.
Maybe it has something to do with the script itself, but again my knowledge on Renpy is very limited.
We'll need someone else help here.

How about the other animations? Are they playing as intended?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Can't say for sure, but since i only touched the .webm animations, this shouldn't have caused any script related error.
Maybe it has something to do with the script itself, but again my knowledge on Renpy is very limited.
We'll need someone else help here.

How about the other animations? Are they playing as intended?
Nope the game don't even Start, So Ok no problem Deleted It and have to play again ! A pitty wanted to give you feedback about your work !

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
So it's bugged, this happens when you try to open it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like you're on Mac OS and you tried to launch/open the PC version of this game ( not sure if it is the official or compressed version ) on Ren'Py 8.0.3 SDK. I think it might be because of the mismatch Ren'Py version. If I am not mistaken, the game is still using Ren'Py 7.4.11.

So, you could try downloading Ren'Py 7.4.11 SDK and launch this game using that.

I don't have any other suggestions other than that. I don't use Mac OS and I haven't played the latest release v0.19 either.

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
Nope the game don't even Start, So Ok no problem Deleted It and have to play again ! A pitty wanted to give you feedback about your work !
That's a shame. :(
Did some tests here on a clear U19 build, just copying the files to the game folder without unpacking with Unren, but couldn't replicate the error.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes