subwien

Jan 16, 2022
One day you guys will understand that the patreon model isn't fit for software development and that it gives ZERO incentive to devs to actually finish a project. Imagine getting paid by the hour only that the more you take to finish a job the more you get paid..:ROFLMAO: Good luck finding the motivation to actually finish something ;).

Every projects should have a well written roadmap with a clear deadline, a clear grace period for unplanned delays (because shit happens) and then if you fail to meet those deadlines all the money you received gets refunded. Wanna start 5 different parallel games? Be my guest.
You know that darktoz game was always for free? So why do you talk about your "way as it should be" in this thread?

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
One day you guys will understand that the patreon model isn't fit for software development and that it gives ZERO incentive to devs to actually finish a project. Imagine getting paid by the hour only that the more you take to finish a job the more you get paid..:ROFLMAO: Good luck finding the motivation to actually finish something ;).

Every projects should have a well written roadmap with a clear deadline, a clear grace period for unplanned delays (because shit happens) and then if you fail to meet those deadlines all the money you received gets refunded. Wanna start 5 different parallel games? Be my guest.
That's the reason I unsub from most projects. If the dev has a schedule and is always hitting it, then I'll stick around as a sub, but once the delay/excuse posts start coming in, then I leave. In short, I pay for results.

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020

That's the reason I unsub from most projects. If the dev has a schedule and is always hitting it, then I'll stick around as a sub, but once the delay/excuse posts start coming in, then I leave. In short, I pay for results.
I agree, but it's not like Darktoz is running late right now, he simply updated another game instead.

Reactions: lonelyleaf

FutadomLover

Apr 9, 2018
Game is free

Dev has a track record of finished games that have a lot of content

The unfinished games like Femdom City and this one already have a lot of content as well

Dev updates weekly on the progress, makes bigger updates rather than small ones

So pretty much how it should be. Yet some in here are complaining. Just shows the state of this forum.

warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
Darktoz’ games are some of my favorites. My only complaint is that the latest update of Fem City Mantis won’t run on my potato PC, I hope this doesn’t become a trend.

Reactions: Lilo732 and DTchan

Gamemaking

Dec 1, 2018
Darktoz’ games are some of my favorites. My only complaint is that the latest update of Fem City Mantis won’t run on my potato PC, I hope this doesn’t become a trend.
And before it did run?

Darktoz said Shadow over Blackmore is made in RenPy, while his previous games were Visual Novel Maker or RPG Maker games. He said his future games will most likely be in RenPY as well, so if Shadow over Blackmore runs fine for you, you should be good

warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
And before it did run?

Darktoz said Shadow over Blackmore is made in RenPy, while his previous games were Visual Novel Maker or RPG Maker games. He said his future games will most likely be in RenPY as well, so if Shadow over Blackmore runs fine for you, you should be good
SoB runs fine so far, and Mantis ran fine too until the last Big update.

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
Game is free

Dev has a track record of finished games that have a lot of content

The unfinished games like Femdom City and this one already have a lot of content as well

Dev updates weekly on the progress, makes bigger updates rather than small ones

So pretty much how it should be. Yet some in here are complaining. Just shows the state of this forum.
also the game has a great theme cos i have not seen alot of game like this on here

and sure he could rush out updates that is full of bugs and stuff so its like do you want update that is rushed or an update that is taken time with

it seems like people think its easy to make games

Reactions: max8969

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I could be wrong but isn't the reason why people are supporting me obvious? So that I can keep making these games. And it might not be the best thing to do to create a supporting community but shouldn't you be just glad supporters exist, because you benefit by getting the game releases for free? With your logic, why would I support any creator out there?

It is true that I released the last update for Shadow over Blackmore in december. But after that I made an artbook release for Blackmore plus the biggest update for femdom city so far. Femdom City is actually a pretty good example, because it is at 0.8 at the moment and one of the if not THE biggest femdom game out there.

I always ask my community if they want a shorter but faster update or a big update that takes longer. and they always vote for the big one. And that is why Day 3 for Shadow over Blackmore will come out when all the scenes that I have planned for the episode are done and I am satisfied with the quality. Not before.

By the way I am not arguing about the "abandoned" or "on hold" tag. I couldn't care less about f95. So if you want to, go for it.

I always get the feeling when I read through the comments in this thread that some people think they would be way faster than me with making these games. I doubt it, but if you prove me wrong I will be the first one to support your game! Because I know how much effort it takes ;)
You are amazing Darktoz. Don't bother with the entitled pirates, they always whine no matter the reason. :)

Meh14

Aug 24, 2022
Darktoz, you may never see this but if you do I just want to make this clear, the quality of your work is impeccable, your writing is great, the models are always perfect and the general tone of the games are enjoyable, DO NOT pay attention to any complaints from anybody, you just do you and keep putting out the stuff that you do, you have a community standing behind you and your work.

Emmitudo

Feb 4, 2018
I too love your work Darktoz, people are so negative online so often, don't let them get to you. The Shadow over blackmore is already my favorite of yours and it's not even close to being finished. I look forward to the day it is, no matter how long it takes. :) Though of course I'd prefer it finished sooner, I'd prefer everything finished sooner. I'd rather wait for something good than have something average now. edit:My spelling is terrible :p

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
so is the next update close?
Code...ugh... (Patreon)
Published: 2023-11-05 16:30:01

Damn, I forgot how tedious some of the work is. Like implementing imagemaps. I may have made 1-2 maps too much for my taste. Well, what can you do. I am really grateful for Renpy. I am always sloppy with the code and nothing really works on the first try, but at least Renpy always tells me where the error is.
Not that I understand everything...like the fact that you cannot give the labels numbers instead of names. I guess that is the disadvantage when you make two different games and alternate between them, because the engine of femdom city is entirely different
We are aiming for a release on the 19th. Two weeks away. hopefully I can hit it but it is not really a deadline. If I feel that coding and dialog will need more time it will get this time in order to make the update "worthy" :). But it is looking good so far...apart from all the sloppy errors that I am making ;)
That is it, I hope you have a cozy week and can be somewhere where it is warm!
stay kinky!

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Well the dev did say the 19th which is today, although it's not set in stone, if he needs more time he might delay it a bit. Lets hope everything has been in order and there is a release today.
closing in... (Patreon)
Published: 2023-11-12 16:35:56

...so renpy got another engine update. I have checked it already and you should all still be able to use your old saves.

I am close but I am behind my schedule. So you'll see on sunday when I am either releasing or delaying for a week. but anyway, it is close, so get ready ;) nothing more to say today because i have to get back at it and work work work work work :)

stay kinky (and warm! don't catch a cold these days ;)

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
closing in... (Patreon)
Published: 2023-11-12 16:35:56

...so renpy got another engine update. I have checked it already and you should all still be able to use your old saves.

I am close but I am behind my schedule. So you'll see on sunday when I am either releasing or delaying for a week. but anyway, it is close, so get ready ;) nothing more to say today because i have to get back at it and work work work work work :)

stay kinky (and warm! don't catch a cold these days ;)
So going by that i am guessing it's probably getting delayed by a week. Which is fine really, it's not a big deal, thank for posting this.

• Sad
Reactions: DTchan and havana11
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes