4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
I agree, the dev knows their stuff. Definitely will pay for this, but right now I'm in total lockdown, no work no pay, so all of my Patreon subs are frozen for the forseeable future, and have to use my savings to survive. As for the Arena, they might apologize it's just a temporary fix but for me it works fine as a gallery as well. But I'll leave it to them if they want to change it

Hopefully they reduce the RNG in craftng, how come 3 iron ores (weighing 4 units each) ends up making a dagger while 3 small metal pieces (1 unit each) gives me a broadsword? at least standardize it, 3 small materials make small weapons (daggers,rapiers, etcs), 3 heavy materials make heavy weapons (Axes, Broadswords, etc), and 3 magic materials make staves, only a mix gives you RNG between those categories.

That plot though, gives me a feeling of "Moonlighter" but in a more darker tone: Doroelle has to fulfill her destiny as the chosen hero (Sword Maiden and ?????? Memories), MC has to take over the family blacksmith, Our MC might had enough and ended up pulling the cursed sword (or was tempted to) causing all the mess (Amazoness memory). and Doroelle loves the MC unable to put him down despite orders to do so. Her indecision destroyed the world, trapped in this purgatory of eternal suffering. Though one memory contradicts the "temptation" theory I have: The Succubus, she's hunting us down (called the "Traitor"(our MC was called the traitor to humanity)) to take the sword back

Reactions: EldenFZ

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Hopefully they reduce the RNG in craftng, how come 3 iron ores (weighing 4 units each) ends up making a dagger while 3 small metal pieces (1 unit each) gives me a broadsword? at least standardize it, 3 small materials make small weapons (daggers,rapiers, etcs), 3 heavy materials make heavy weapons (Axes, Broadswords, etc), and 3 magic materials make staves, only a mix gives you RNG between those categories.
THIS. This was and still is my main complain about the game's forging system since its first release. I seriously wish they'd change it or look for some ways to give players more liberty in what weapon they actually need to craft. The crafting result is just way too randomized. Hopefully we can see some changes later on.

yoggyz

Feb 12, 2020
Any idea about the number of stages there is in total? I did kind of a monster run with a few broken weapons but i dont know if i'm just delusional, hadnt lot of perks with souls but went ouf with 9k+, then checked the galery since i didnt lose much fights and i unlocked only 2 girls :eek: is every spot filled with one or "to come soon" ?

edit: 2girls in this run, had oni, vampire, lamia and another one, and i unlocked the maiden / maid

Last edited:

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Any idea about the number of stages there is in total? I did kind of a monster run with a few broken weapons but i dont know if i'm just delusional, hadnt lot of perks with souls but went ouf with 9k+, then checked the galery since i didnt lose much fights and i unlocked only 2 girls :eek: is every spot filled with one or "to come soon" ?

edit: 2girls in this run, had oni, vampire, lamia and another one, and i unlocked the maiden / maid
The dungeon is currently looping between 3 areas: the starting area, red area and green area. I think there's 7 H-girls in total atm, so 7 spots to fill. The other empty spots are most likely for later updates.

yoggyz

Feb 12, 2020
The dungeon is currently looping between 3 areas: the starting area, red area and green area. I think there's 7 H-girls in total atm, so 7 spots to fill. The other empty spots are most likely for later updates.
Could u list me the 7 girls? I cycled 3 areas and went out on the 4th safepoint if my memory doesnt betray me, and i currently have the Oni, valkyrie, maid, maiden, lamia and vampire so i miss one if i refer to ur post?
But thanks, i now know that i somehow "finished the game" i guess i got lucky with some portals and avoided the 7th girl ( or unlucky, so. ) but i'm nearly maxed on the stats and if i'm right, the smith is locked at lv2 for the moment?

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Could u list me the 7 girls? I cycled 3 areas and went out on the 4th safepoint if my memory doesnt betray me, and i currently have the Oni, valkyrie, maid, maiden, lamia and vampire so i miss one if i refer to ur post?
But thanks, i now know that i somehow "finished the game" i guess i got lucky with some portals and avoided the 7th girl ( or unlucky, so. ) but i'm nearly maxed on the stats and if i'm right, the smith is locked at lv2 for the moment?
In order they appear in stages: Oni, Amazoness, Vampire, Lamia, Succubus, Sword Maiden, Maid. That's all of them
The first four appear in the 1st dungeon (grey stony cave), with Oni and Amazon spawning lots, then in the second dungeon, their spawn ratio (the 1st two) gets reduced to introduce Succubus and Sword Maiden (though rarely Succubus spawns in the 1st area) as well as increasing the spawn rate for Lamia and Succubus, then the grass dungeon introduces Maid and balances the spawn rates

Last edited:

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
I'm not sure who's that 'Valkyrie' you just mentioned but here's a screenshot to make it easier to follow.
EDIT: Yes, the smith lvl's current cap is 2.
Cursed Blacksmith v0.09 Hgirls.PNG

yoggyz

Feb 12, 2020
Valkyrie was amazon, sorry haha i closed the game and didnt have the name in mind.

I'm currently missing the demoness, got the others. Will take another walk in the dungeon to get that booty on the tracklist hehehe. Is that a boss or just an unlucky one that i didnt encounter?

edit: nvm, guess the demoness = succubus and i just didnt encounter one in the second part, overlurker already answered it then.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Valkyrie was amazon, sorry haha i closed the game and didnt have the name in mind.

I'm currently missing the demoness, got the others. Will take another walk in the dungeon to get that booty on the tracklist hehehe. Is that a boss or just an unlucky one that i didnt encounter?
she's a regular in the 2nd and 3rd areas, and a rare sight in the 1st area

For now, my take on the Weapon crafting system is how I play the original Rogue, Brogue, Caves of Qud, etc: "The RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away." Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

And play this like I'm goddamn Goblin Slayer, although this time, it's Pussy Slayer.

yoggyz

Feb 12, 2020
Well so far in the dungeon i didnt encounter any difficulties about anything while crafting only with the elemental stones etc.

If we say that an item for craft has 3 parameter, weight, phys, magical, i adds phys and magical to do at least 4 / item and use those to craft, my weapons are kinda broken everytime and i get no diffulties to kill anything since i'm hitting without enchant at 70+ with multi element and like 40 durability which allow me to build another one the time the first breaks. often using life potions to enhance my stuff so i get hp regen( except when i get a scepter for heal that i use only for this and recraft to have durability just to heal myself )

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Me at the current state, I've already bought every upgrade I can, if anything, prepare at least 6 weapons, different elemental affinities are the best. if not, at least have some of them serve utility, such as any weapon that has Wind Armor skill (grants haste) or has a chance to proc status effects, AND STATUS EFFECTS ARE KING IN THIS GAME

Recommended Status Effects: Sleep, Confuse, and Slow.
Recommended Weapons Skills: Haste, Backflip (or dash)

Why those? Because 1: you got regenerating health, which you will feel the benefit once you levelled up Reduce Erosion
2. You have a block meter at the top right, and that increases up to 80% by default just by walking and not getting attacked, it serves as your armor and can save your bacon up to two times effectively

Your tactic will be hit and run, hit the enemy, watch your meters, if your block goes low or your health, do something to force an enemy to one of the status effects I mentioned above, run, then finish them off.

Other status effects such as poison or utilities such as healing is secondary or bonus, if you can slow and poison an enemy, that's perfect, but slow is enough to tilt the odds

For beginners, do not focus on eliminating everything you see, and don't expect to clear the current game in the 1st try, sometimes you have to leave it to the metagame to help you, run if you can, and always ring the bell, then craft, prepare, then dive again, until you're ready, with skills levelled up and have weapons to spare, start out with at least 3 weapons, then as you level the "keep items" increase the weapons you bring by one, to a maximum of 6

I basically just run around an empty room to max my HP, Stamina, and Block, sure it increases your erosion but once your skills are endgame level, it doesn't matter, before raiding the next room, and I scout the rooms 1st without entering them, If I see two or more enemies in the entrance or two steps away, then it's a no-go. (for newbies) unless the exit is just right in front of it, then make a run for it

the only enemies that will give you a pain in the arse are just Amazons, Onis, and Lamias, as all of them can restrict your movement or cut your retreat, the rest of the monsters are complete pushovers (I fucking love and hate your axe, you bloody Amazons, wonderful in my hand, painful in yours)

yoggyz

Feb 12, 2020
Do u feel the need to do hit and run? I clearly never did and went through a full circle in one of my first runs, like, the second i think. used pots to get back some corruption, made a few weapons while inside the dungeon, used haste and heal buffs on two separate weapons and swaped to my own or multiple ones for the fights, amazon's axe pretty cool when it comes to mass fight, so does the bastard sword. and with the haste buff well, 8 mobs did like 40dmg to me that were cleared in a few sec out of fight.

Difficulty feels lacking to survive / progress compared to the souls needed to grind the ( useless? ) skills ( saying useless since with only corruption tier 2 and forge uped once i went through a full cycle in dungeon.)

Perhaps the mobs gets harder and harder if u keep going in cycles? But then, would be weird since u cant forge more than tier 2 <<

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
dont know why others complain about the crafting i make weapons from all the material i find and enhance them.
there's so much stuff around i end up throwing it around

i find the difficulty of the game is lowe...

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
dont know why others complain about the crafting i make weapons from all the material i find and enhance them.
there's so much stuff around i end up throwing it around

i find the difficulty of the game is lowe...
It's not about the game's difficulty, it's mainly about the crafting result being too random, rendering most of the materials like Copper Ore or Magic Iron Ore useless, because other materials of lower weight, like Weapon Scrap or Elemental Stone can usually better them in term of weapon type, durability and overall stats.

Ilya11111

Jul 1, 2018
It's not about the game's difficulty, it's mainly about the crafting result being too random, rendering most of the materials like Copper Ore or Magic Iron Ore useless, because other materials of lower weight, like Weapon Scrap or Elemental Stone can usually better them in term of weapon type, durability and overall stats.
Maybe in future updates they became more useful, but now yes. It's useless. Easy to use some metal scrap and two stones of elements and you get more or less serious gear. Except monster drop. Oni equipment have high damage with four encants.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
What? Copper is amazing, I use it all the time. It has high mass so generally copper + iron ore + anything else gives you one of the beefier weapons like a bastard sword with high durability.

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
What? Copper is amazing, I use it all the time. It has high mass so generally copper + iron ore + anything else gives you one of the beefier weapons like a bastard sword with high durability.
Copper Ore does usually give higher durability and physical attack, but it can still be equaled by a simple Weapon Scrap of 1 weight even then (4 times lighter than Copper Ore), due to that high randomness (being able to hit 40+ durability and 90+ overall attack) and the fact that it can also give you a Bastard Sword, Ebony Bastard Sword or 'Long Sword' (I usually go with this one), even when it is combined with other lower weight materials such as Iron Piece and Elemental Stone.

Bringing any high mass materials with me wouldn't usually allow me to farm enough Elemental Stones for an 'Infinite Run' (I'm challenging myself to reach the highest character level possible in the game, which is still lvl 28 atm). I only really bring some (I usually go with 1 'Iron Ore') when there's still some space to spare right before a weapon breaks, so that I could use it as an expandable for crafting the next weapon without having to spend too much Elemental Stones.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes