4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
ffs lost to that cursed armor and lost everything from materials to all heavily enchanted weapons. Need to make weapons from scratch okay. Gets one built up accidentally used poison instead of throw it. Gets knocked down, recover goes to pick up weapon but gets immobilized trapped then NO pancreas. Well looks like I'm forced to restart all the way from the beginning again because you can't fucking get out of being immobilized. Game screen freezes but everything audio and combat can still be done but needs to restart again. Good god how cursed is this playthrough.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
ffs lost to that cursed armor and lost everything from materials to all heavily enchanted weapons. Need to make weapons from scratch okay. Gets one built up accidentally used poison instead of throw it. Gets knocked down, recover goes to pick up weapon but gets immobilized trapped then NO pancreas. Well looks like I'm forced to restart all the way from the beginning again because you can't fucking get out of being immobilized. Game screen freezes but everything audio and combat can still be done but needs to restart again. Good god how cursed is this playthrough.
I think the way the first boss is supposed to be handled is using haste and focus potions. It's otherwise pretty hard to avoid the AOE moves and the fight at some point straight up just spawns focus potions around the map. I got my ass handed to me and barely clung on with a mid-level sceptre between hasted turns up until it started raining focus potions.

Reactions: World enjoyer

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I think the way the first boss is supposed to be handled is using haste and focus potions. It's otherwise pretty hard to avoid the AOE moves and the fight at some point straight up just spawns focus potions around the map. I got my ass handed to me and barely clung on with a mid-level sceptre between hasted turns up until it started raining focus potions.
Haste is super useful, but you don't have to rely on it. If you pass down the dagger's leap strike ability you can use that ability defensively to leap out of its attack range as well.

Basically, there's a bunch of strategies that work for the first boss, unlike the second which basically only has two working strategies at the moment.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
aye i tried to do that but i ran out of SP so he kept tossing me around. I ended up making a Maiden sword to deal with him after trying to use an Oni Kobato with fury strike to keep him downed in the fire which didn't work since he seemed to be able to resist it after it stuck on him twice. Eventually i just ran corners around the fire and he killed himself with the help of fire arrow ability.

edit: How ya'll managing on forging? I feel like every time I see discarded steel i must take it back with me despite how common it is. Weight limit really be good mechanic making the player choose wisely on top of that I keep losing my weapons due to corruption always getting me killed due to lack of soul drops or refuge.

Golem is impossible to beat it takes way too long to get there forcing you to reforge weapons on the way and not being able to bring actual supplies to deal with swarms of enemies. All my weapons broke multiple times before even killing it.

Last edited:

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
so it seems haste has been further nerfed in new version. Human enemies will fight monsters making it a three way clash, which should help if you ever get teleported into a swarm of enemies that include humans. Voice actress change and new monster girl in endless mode.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
so it seems haste has been further nerfed in new version. Human enemies will fight monsters making it a three way clash, which should help if you ever get teleported into a swarm of enemies that include humans. Voice actress change and new monster girl in endless mode.
Considering that a maxed out wind armor is 13 turns of haste and 4 haste potions on an accessory is an extra 8, completely understandable. How bad is the nerf? I'm both glad and terrified about the human vs monster dynamic. The gap in strength between an unleveled maid and one that's accidentally killed a couple of her buddies is kinda huge. I'd hate to see what happens when an oni kills an entire room of humans.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
Considering that a maxed out wind armor is 13 turns of haste and 4 haste potions on an accessory is an extra 8, completely understandable. How bad is the nerf? I'm both glad and terrified about the human vs monster dynamic. The gap in strength between an unleveled maid and one that's accidentally killed a couple of her buddies is kinda huge. I'd hate to see what happens when an oni kills an entire room of humans.
Not quite sure I just read off their changelog, although it seems in that case get ready for a tougher challenge as once lvl 4 they can use new abilities. Personally I already struggle gathering materials in forest and still have not been able to beat the golem. Every run I do gets full corrupted before finding a refuge and that's max ease allowed at that time. Anytime you enter a room with more than 4 mobs including humanoids your doomed since you can't run from them.

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
I'm both glad and terrified about the human vs monster dynamic. The gap in strength between an unleveled maid and one that's accidentally killed a couple of her buddies is kinda huge. I'd hate to see what happens when an oni kills an entire room of humans.
The changelog says the human vs monster fighting only affects Ch. 3 right now, so I assume it's not elites (the girls) attacking monsters but the more generic human soldiers that you can encounter there.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Human enemies will fight monsters making it a three way clash, which should help if you ever get teleported into a swarm of enemies that include humans.
that's an interesting gimmick they add
in fact i can't remember any other roguelike with something similar:unsure:
(usually its just walk in new room, kill everything, repeat)

i wonder if that also applies to boss fights
like when they spam more mobs and they instantly start fighting each other:p

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
The changelog says the human vs monster fighting only affects Ch. 3 right now, so I assume it's not elites (the girls) attacking monsters but the more generic human soldiers that you can encounter there.
see that's what got me curious cause the Knight and Assassin are human while the Elfs I would imagine not be part of the monster group. There was journal entries stating human and monster as a single bandit group although I don't think the ones we keep running into are said bandits.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Not quite sure I just read off their changelog, although it seems in that case get ready for a tougher challenge as once lvl 4 they can use new abilities. Personally I already struggle gathering materials in forest and still have not been able to beat the golem. Every run I do gets full corrupted before finding a refuge and that's max ease allowed at that time. Anytime you enter a room with more than 4 mobs including humanoids your doomed since you can't run from them.
Hopefully new abilities means new crafting materials.
I didn't bother farming the forest for materials. I went in with like 5 weapons and broke 3 of them in the boss fight (mostly from keeping windrush armor active). I think I purposely made two axes from one of the monster girl drops using copper or iron ore for the 5 enhance slots and loaded them both with discarded steel for like 80ish base damage each at around 100 durability.
What I did was I farmed the hell out of the dungeon just before the forest checkpoint using crappy weapons for levels. They were mainly bastard swords enhanced with discarded steel. Every time one broke, I'd just make another. If I didn't hit enough Erosion reduction traps, I'd leave and try again. When I entered the forest dungeon, I switched out to the axe and started one-shotting everything (morso looking for the portals rather than farming xp), popping soul drops whenever I went above 40 erosion. As for the boss fight itself, I'm sure a few other people have covered the fight.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
By the way, is elemental damage worth it? I'm having a hard time justifying the use of magic weapons because magic crystals keep giving me random elemental damage and 40% of the damage ends up being non-elemental anyways. And from what I can tell, elemental skills only factor in its own elemental damage, which means that I'm never really getting full use out of the skill damages unless it's a non-elemental skill on a pure non-elemental weapon.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
By the way, is elemental damage worth it? I'm having a hard time justifying the use of magic weapons because magic crystals keep giving me random elemental damage and 40% of the damage ends up being non-elemental anyways. And from what I can tell, elemental skills only factor in its own elemental damage, which means that I'm never really getting full use out of the skill damages unless it's a non-elemental skill on a pure non-elemental weapon.
I treat it as free additional damage although I'm still figuring out the forge on what determines enchantment slots. I ended up with a Frozen Kiss with 7 enhance slots and I have no idea how that came to be and trying to replicate it only ends up with 4/5 slots

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I treat it as free additional damage although I'm still figuring out the forge on what determines enchantment slots. I ended up with a Frozen Kiss with 7 enhance slots and I have no idea how that came to be and trying to replicate it only ends up with 4/5 slots
After reading some of the other posts, it seems like the stats are all more or less luck-based, with higher ceilings based on what you put in and what your skill/soul imprint levels are at. Which is a bit of a bummer, but I can see a 7-slot weapon being extremely overpowered. I'm already looking at 130 base damage on a 5/5 weapon.
Edit: Yep, it's pure RNG. I kept reloading a save and combining a magic lawsonite with 2 Ice Flowers or whatever. Got as low as 2 enhances and as high as 7.

Last edited:

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
I'd say elemental damage is useful when you're first starting the game, but as you progress it becomes obsolete up until you pass the second boss, that's where you need to get rings with monster girl abilities that do elemental damage due to how the human enemies can be pain to kill without the elemental damage. I suppose elemental damage is also useful against monster girls but there are other ways to eliminate them.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I'd say elemental damage is useful when you're first starting the game, but as you progress it becomes obsolete up until you pass the second boss, that's where you need to get rings with monster girl abilities that do elemental damage due to how the human enemies can be pain to kill without the elemental damage. I suppose elemental damage is also useful against monster girls but there are other ways to eliminate them.
Like putting skills onto accessories? You sure the elemental damage is actually transfering? On the practice dummy with the aforementioned kanabo, I'm doing like 150-180 damage with its lv 1 skill. Equipping an accessory with Whirlwind Thrust only gives me like 15-17 damage. Lv1 Flame Arrow with 29 Physical/68 Water Marine Boomerang does 8-12 damage. Same with Lv1 Whirlwind Thrust. It seems like the moves aren't worth it unless your weapon has a matching element.

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
Like putting skills onto accessories? You sure the elemental damage is actually transfering? On the practice dummy with the aforementioned kanabo, I'm doing like 150-180 damage with its lv 1 skill. Equipping an accessory with Whirlwind Thrust only gives me like 15-17 damage. Lv1 Flame Arrow with 29 Physical/68 Water Marine Boomerang does 8-12 damage. Same with Lv1 Whirlwind Thrust. It seems like the moves aren't worth it unless your weapon has a matching element.
Hmm possibly I haven't experimented with elemental skills from the monster girls I've only been testing the abilities that would help in movement such as the maid,tanuki,aoe damage from minotuar, the ability that improve stats for a short time period like the elf warrior,the sleep skill from the succubus, the heal skill from the priestess, the immobilize skill from the lamia, and the oni skill which throws enemies away from you. Though just having the elemental monster girl abilities on standby when you're in a bad situation is not a bad idea.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes