4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hmm possibly I haven't experimented with elemental skills from the monster girls I've only been testing the abilities that would help in movement such as the maid,tanuki,aoe damage from minotuar, the ability that improve stats for a short time period like the elf warrior,the sleep skill from the succubus, the heal skill from the priestess, the immobilize skill from the lamia, and the oni skill which throws enemies away from you. Though just having the elemental monster girl abilities on standby when you're in a bad situation is not a bad idea.
I think all those skills you listed are either non-elemental or non-damaging. After testing on the practice dummy, it seems like non-elemental skills convey 100% of your weapon's damage, which is good. But Burning Cross and Ice Arrows still do like 11-16 damage per hit with anything other than matching elements. And I'm seeing these same values when I use them on actual enemies in the dungeon, even though I'm higher leveled in the dungeon.
I'm not sure what you mean by having an elemental monster girl ability on standby, because it doesn't seem to actually calculate damage from your weapon and the damage itself is really, really small. You're literally better off hitting the enemies with your regular attack and having the damage resisted than shaving off however much durability it costs to use that skill once. You're not going to fight your way out of a bad situation doing like 30 damage a turn.

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
I think all those skills you listed are either non-elemental or non-damaging. After testing on the practice dummy, it seems like non-elemental skills convey 100% of your weapon's damage, which is good. But Burning Cross and Ice Arrows still do like 11-16 damage per hit with anything other than matching elements. And I'm seeing these same values when I use them on actual enemies in the dungeon, even though I'm higher leveled in the dungeon.
I'm not sure what you mean by having an elemental monster girl ability on standby, because it doesn't seem to actually calculate damage from your weapon and the damage itself is really, really small. You're literally better off hitting the enemies with your regular attack and having the damage resisted than shaving off however much durability it costs to use that skill once. You're not going to fight your way out of a bad situation doing like 30 damage a turn.
Well using brute force on humans isn't that effective, hmm what about forging materials specifically the magical ore, I've used the magic stone on enemies on lower levels and it really helped quite a lot due to how when I threw the material at them it actually inflicted elemental weakness damage. Though the issue would be if you could carry the magical ores to begin with due to how your also carrying other equipment with you, unless you plan on using lift rings to help with the excess wieght, but you'd have to be willing to let the rings experience erosion the longer you use them and as of now I think there's no easy way to get the same ring twice without either A:Buying the rings from skewer or B: Relying on the soul Statue for a chance to get the ring you need.

Last edited:

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
Also what I meant was having an accessory with the monster girl elemental abilities in the inventory just in case you get a weapon that has the same element attribute like the skill

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Well using brute force on humans isn't that effective, hmm what about forging materials specifically the magical ore, I've used the magic stone on enemies on lower levels and it really helped quite a lot due to how when I threw the material at them it actually inflicted elemental weakness damage. Though the issue would be if you could carry the magical ores to begin with due to how your also carrying other equipment with you, unless you plan on using lift rings to help with the excess wieght, but you'd have to be willing to let the rings experience erosion the longer you use them and as of now I think there's no easy way to get the same ring twice without either A:Buying the rings from skewer or B: Relying on the soul Statue for a chance to get the ring you need.
I don't really understand why you need to prep against human enemies specifically. I try to carry as few weapons as I can get away with so I have more room for loot and I don't get the feeling that human enemies are particularly dangerous.
Anyhow, the thing I really wanted to know about was whether a magic weapon (of no particular element) enhanced with magic crystals could match up to a physical weapon enhanced with tintstone if both had the same amount of enhancements.
To explain my point of view, tinstone has 13 tenacity, but every other ore/crystal has a sum of 10 or less points in tenacity and magic. Magic crystals seem to give the most magic, but it's only 6 magic and it comes with 2 tenacity. Looking at the numbers, it seems like you're getting a much better deal with 13 points than 8. It doesn't make sense to me why that is the case, considering that the discarded steel (6/0) and magic silver (2/4) are equivalent sums. The only possibilities I can think of is either magic does much more damage than its value implies, tintstone is freakishly unbalanced for some reasons, or the additional effect "Random Damage Up" is making up the difference in stats. I've been unlucky with magic crystals, so I haven't been able to make a side-by-side comparison.

Also what I meant was having an accessory with the monster girl elemental abilities in the inventory just in case you get a weapon that has the same element attribute like the skill
I think compensating with skills on accessories makes sense, but why monster girl skills specifically? They can be pretty cool, but most of them aren't that good. I try not to equip accessories too often because it's a pain in the ass to enchant spares when one breaks. Monster girl drops and weapon shards are a bit harder to come by too.

Null98

Nov 14, 2018
Hm well I usually used monster girl remains due to how yes it was a gamble whether you'd actually get a remain or not when defeating a monster but it did stay consistent. Unlike the materials that are randomly generated each floor.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
By the way, is elemental damage worth it? I'm having a hard time justifying the use of magic weapons because magic crystals keep giving me random elemental damage and 40% of the damage ends up being non-elemental anyways. And from what I can tell, elemental skills only factor in its own elemental damage, which means that I'm never really getting full use out of the skill damages unless it's a non-elemental skill on a pure non-elemental weapon.
I've been playing around with weapon crafts and it seems scaling isn't all that good. I made a Kopis thats 6/53/10 its dmg is 81 physical and 14 wind. I made another weapon, lightning sword, after and split between magic and tenacity for 9/26/26. It has 25 physical, 49 light, 12 fire, 15 dark and 13 water.

I seem to see higher damage overall with mixed element and physical rather than heavily stacking one. It probably could be used as a farming weapon to just one shot with normal on non boss enemies. Otherwise taking skills into consideration stacking is the way to go which means you would want to use elemental stones rather than magic type stones. However, building up scraps to have higher magic stats for enhancement/forging seem to be useful otherwise.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I've been playing around with weapon crafts and it seems scaling isn't all that good. I made a Kopis thats 6/53/10 its dmg is 81 physical and 14 wind. I made another weapon, lightning sword, after and split between magic and tenacity for 9/26/26. It has 25 physical, 49 light, 12 fire, 15 dark and 13 water.

I seem to see higher damage overall with mixed element and physical rather than heavily stacking one. It probably could be used as a farming weapon to just one shot with normal on non boss enemies. Otherwise taking skills into consideration stacking is the way to go which means you would want to use elemental stones rather than magic type stones. However, building up scraps to have higher magic stats for enhancement/forging seem to be useful otherwise.
Yeah, the mixed damage and its effects on elemental skills is what's I was ranting about before. The idea of using the weapon shards for its magic value is an interesting idea though. What's the stats on the shards you're producing?

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
Yeah, the mixed damage and its effects on elemental skills is what's I was ranting about before. The idea of using the weapon shards for its magic value is an interesting idea though. What's the stats on the shards you're producing?
from where I'm at currently I've had shards giving me anywhere between 10-12 tenacity or magic per shard from scratch basic items. The amount should get bigger as you continuously stack on the stat on forging. The best thing about using shards is inheriting the skills on top of the stats. You could use things like the maid headband to forge maid uchigana regardless of mass and just use scraps to build upon it. However, this also depends a bit on luck that you don't end up with 1 enhancement slot rng. For its elemental counterparts you'd have to get the corresponding drop from the girls but when enhancing I do recommend using stones to bump the element you want.

The best thing I personally find is skills using weapon damage due to it counting everything. Stacking tenacity is the easiest along with some elemental from things like magic stones have give a bit of magic but high tenacity. Elemental takes a lot more effort but thats the price you get for being able to snipe enemies from afar if built right like flame arrow or the skill that comes with volcanic greatsword.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
from where I'm at currently I've had shards giving me anywhere between 10-12 tenacity or magic per shard from scratch basic items. The amount should get bigger as you continuously stack on the stat on forging. The best thing about using shards is inheriting the skills on top of the stats. You could use things like the maid headband to forge maid uchigana regardless of mass and just use scraps to build upon it. However, this also depends a bit on luck that you don't end up with 1 enhancement slot rng.
If you're outside the dungeon, you can just keep reloading your save and retrying for more enhancement slots. I don't go so crazy that I have 7, but for all the effort I put in for the upper level mats, I think anything less than 4 is a bit insulting. Thank you for finding out for me. I'll try your method of raising magic.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
If you're outside the dungeon, you can just keep reloading your save and retrying for more enhancement slots. I don't go so crazy that I have 7, but for all the effort I put in for the upper level mats, I think anything less than 4 is a bit insulting. Thank you for finding out for me. I'll try your method of raising magic.
yeah I usually carry 2 of the ones im working on with me to break into scraps. Only issue is I've lost many of them along the way due to bag weight limit and being dumped into a room full of enemies with no possible chance at victory. It's the one thing I hate the most in this game so far just random chance of a fuck you start over.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
yeah I usually carry 2 of the ones im working on with me to break into scraps. Only issue is I've lost many of them along the way due to bag weight limit and being dumped into a room full of enemies with no possible chance at victory. It's the one thing I hate the most in this game so far just random chance of a fuck you start over.
Try to carry 1-2 soul drops with you at all times and avoid backtracking as much as possible to keep your passive Erosion gain manageable. If you're just aiming to break your weapons down, there's a grinder or whatever at the checkpoint (5th floor) of the 3rd dungeon. Try not to carry too many weapon shards. If you're going to level them, do it one at a time.

NepuShiro

May 12, 2018

Didn't even know it was taken down, and the issues with f95 itself (That I'm experiencing) makes it difficult to browse the site.
But here's the save with the Alarune

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

kordny

Mar 30, 2018

thank me later
I saved all I could from this terrible link with every file separate, doesnt even work anyway. Good job! Im not thanking you though, now or later.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
I saved all I could from this terrible link with every file separate, doesnt even work anyway. Good job! Im not thanking you though, now or later.
it does if you can get all the files to the right places like making sure the app.asar is in the resources folder

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes