4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Is there a way to play it on linux? Nwjs doesn't work. Wine only gives me canvas mode which is too slow.

loli senpai

Jan 21, 2019
AWESOME GAME!!!
i felt like im playing dark souls the music and all are perfect

hope to see more updates and im more than glad to be support for this grate game

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Maybe I'm missing something since I'm new to the game, but as far as I can tell it's kinda crap, although maybe it's playable if you've been around a version or two and have a feel for how to do things. Play until you hit 100% on the meter and run out of hp, then be warped back to town with a fraction of the collected soul and no weapon. Ok, works in theory, but you need soul to make a new weapon. So unless you have some of the crystalized soul items hanging around (which don't drop in the dungeon?), you have no way to make a new weapon, and need to use the cursed sword to be able to kill enemies to get soul? That brings your meter to 100% in 3 uses though, bringing on hp drain, and if you then make a weapon it'll still be destroyed a couple kills later when you kick the bucket, warping you back with a fraction of the soul needed to make a weapon for the next run. If you just try to save the soul and die, you still don't have enough. How the hell do you actually get going? Am I missing something? Are there specific upgrades you need to buy after your first run (when you likely still have some soul) to actually make it playable?

Reactions: SirGooby

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
I find it kind of annoying how it's gated behind erosion, mostly due to the fact that HP deplete so fast once your fully erosed, means you get little room after, except keeping a few scepters to continuously heal, which limit your number of weapon, considering their durability can't be expended upon.
Well, it's a very early version, will keep an eye out for once it's alot more fleshed out, with how little real story we are given for now, we can only judge the gameplay so far.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Maybe I'm missing something since I'm new to the game, but as far as I can tell it's kinda crap, although maybe it's playable if you've been around a version or two and have a feel for how to do things. Play until you hit 100% on the meter and run out of hp, then be warped back to town with a fraction of the collected soul and no weapon. Ok, works in theory, but you need soul to make a new weapon. So unless you have some of the crystalized soul items hanging around (which don't drop in the dungeon?), you have no way to make a new weapon, and need to use the cursed sword to be able to kill enemies to get soul? That brings your meter to 100% in 3 uses though, bringing on hp drain, and if you then make a weapon it'll still be destroyed a couple kills later when you kick the bucket, warping you back with a fraction of the soul needed to make a weapon for the next run. If you just try to save the soul and die, you still don't have enough. How the hell do you actually get going? Am I missing something? Are there specific upgrades you need to buy after your first run (when you likely still have some soul) to actually make it playable?
I find it kind of annoying how it's gated behind erosion, mostly due to the fact that HP deplete so fast once your fully erosed, means you get little room after, except keeping a few scepters to continuously heal, which limit your number of weapon, considering their durability can't be expended upon.
Well, it's a very early version, will keep an eye out for once it's alot more fleshed out, with how little real story we are given for now, we can only judge the gameplay so far.
Do you have old versions or something? Play until you reach the Rest Level and goto the Safe House, you keep all your Soul... for the 2nd guy, craft a super enhanced weapon using Copper Ore and it can have crazy durability to the point it can last multiple dungeons. Scepters aren't ideal because they don't have a ton of damage and you're using the ability (which depletes it).

First thing you guys have to do is realize the easy way to play is grind enough to pass the 1st 3 levels and once you reach the Rest Level (place with the Bell), go back. You keep all your Soul and items. Second, put as much into Soul Keeper, Ease Erosion Speed, Forging Level, and Cursed Sword Suppression. Much like a Dark Souls game, you have to plan out your method of attack.

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Do you have old versions or something? Play until you reach the Rest Level and goto the Safe House, you keep all your Soul... for the 2nd guy, craft a super enhanced weapon using Copper Ore and it can have crazy durability to the point it can last multiple dungeons. Scepters aren't ideal because they don't have a ton of damage and you're using the ability (which depletes it).

First thing you guys have to do is realize the easy way to play is grind enough to pass the 1st 3 levels and once you reach the Rest Level (place with the Bell), go back. You keep all your Soul and items.
You didn't get me. I know about all of this, i'm not keeping scepter because I want to fight with those, I keep them for when my Erosion reach 100, so I can reach the next safe point without dying, and I can't just carry tons of pots to heal myself.
I'm only complaining about how erosion works to be honest, well so far it feels more like a way to gate the player, more than anything else, the capacity using the cursed sword should never be used except if you did a mistake,but erosion still goes up quickly even at level 5, considering my luck and that it's always the last room that has the portal, once I reach the third zone (floor 11 if I don't mistake) my erosion is up to something around 70 - 80% most of the time, leaving you pretty little room

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
... are you complaining about the rate of Erosion itself? Because that's the mechanic that makes the game story work to be honest. You die, come back, die, come back. Obviously the dev will implement things to manage Erosion better, but it should be a gate to impede you. I pretty much maxxed the Soul Imprint and after crafting a 60-70 durability item I try to skip the first 3 levels, then grind the middle 3 a bit before reaching the bottom 3 ones. I just assumed you were trying to clear every level and that is why you were having difficulty.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018

First thing you guys have to do is realize the easy way to play is grind enough to pass the 1st 3 levels and once you reach the Rest Level (place with the Bell), go back. You keep all your Soul and items. Second, put as much into Soul Keeper, Ease Erosion Speed, Forging Level, and Cursed Sword Suppression. Much like a Dark Souls game, you have to plan out your method of attack.
Don't think I ever got to a rest level, is there anything that even hints that it exists? Should I have been trying to avoid fights and just progress quickly rather than clearing the floor? If nothing else, they screwed up not explaining how the hell their game works (2 lines mentioning how you should try to find safe areas to head back from could have prevented this). Honestly at this point I'm too disgusted with the game to even bother trying your method. Thanks for the reply though.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Don't think I ever got to a rest level, is there anything that even hints that it exists? Should I have been trying to avoid fights and just progress quickly rather than clearing the floor? If nothing else, they screwed up not explaining how the hell their game works (2 lines mentioning how you should try to find safe areas to head back from could have prevented this). Honestly at this point I'm too disgusted with the game to even bother trying your method. Thanks for the reply though.
It is literally in the changelog in the OP; EVERYTHING could have been discovered if you looked through a few of the previous 5 pages. Please read a little of the thread before you criticize the game, if you want to give up eh.

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Seems like this hgame is living to its Dark Soul atmosphere, making a lot of players ragequitting lol. I was frustrated at first too, but after figuring out the best method to getting around the game, it became fairly easy (v0.04), the highest souls I could bring back was around 6k (aka around 18k in dungeon). And it's even easier now with the rest spot letting you keep all the souls you collected in the dungeon (v0.05) which for me makes the game too much of a cakewalk.

I'm no hardcore player (I just like fair challenge, which this game had on v0.04) but I think the game need to have 2 difficulty modes: EASY (let players keep all their souls at the rest spot) and NORMAL (don't let player keep all their souls in any circumstances). It will keep any kind of players, from casual to hardcore, happy this way. I personally don't like force collecting the souls at the rest spot since it defeats the purpose of leveling Soul Keeper.

• Angry
Reactions: BigJohnny

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
This game is really great, nice arts, nice gameplay, good atmosphere. But the problem for this H-game is we just can't fap at this. The H-scene make 10 seconds and we can't rewatch them without dying... It's a HUGE problem because this is the meaning of every h-game...

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes