4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Elexion

Aug 14, 2017
Any tips on the fourth boss? Even with mobility it combos me out of stamina
Get a wind cutter or Volcanic Greatsword and any weapon with a 3+ move skill. Any time to boss is going to drop on you dash away with the move skill use the VGS to deal a large amount of damage while it moves to you or the windcutter to maintain distance while dealing damage. Have the move weapon in hand any time to boss isn't around and have 3-5 sleep potions for the MonGirls and just ignore them
The boss warps away if you get to far or deal enough damage and the VGS does stupid damage in a 3x3 area over 3+ turns depending on skill level.
VGS requires you to use 4 mats to craft it needing high mass Tenacity and moderate magic 2 zerconite 1 magic Zerc and the big fire crystal and it's about 70% craft chance. I think
This boss is a reverse of the 3rd one where instead of it running from you, you run from it. Nothing you do to the boss matters till you reach the end of the area where you get warped to the arena as far as I can tell.
I had a summon bell on me and warped home during my first fight when I saw 4 of the stupid summon crystals in the arena so be prepared for that horseshit

tultus

Feb 13, 2020
How do you get soul drops now? I remember that in previous versions you got soul drop after clearing given dungeon but now that was deleted and the bonfire which reduces your erosion was implemented. So how am I supposed to get them now?

Elexion

Aug 14, 2017
How do you get soul drops now? I remember that in previous versions you got soul drop after clearing given dungeon but now that was deleted and the bonfire which reduces your erosion was implemented. So how am I supposed to get them now?
They sometimes spawn as loot in the base or as a "Soul Fruit" in the dungeons if you see a blue glowing thing in the dungeon smash it like any other box/chest. Very rare item now

mcflappyjaw

Sep 7, 2019
Beat the fourth boss after literal hours of preparation and she goes into MY HOUSE and beats up best girl. I was seriously dissapointed MC didn't punch that child
Be honest, is the next waifu worth it?
edit: now she's spouting r/atheism stuff. She even looks like shadow the hedgehog. Worst girl.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Anybody know if the Demoness weapon material is supposed to have a much lower drop rate than other miniboss materials? I've killed dozens and only managed to craft the weapon once. I'm trying to test it and I can't find another to save my life. Not sure if bugged, low drop rate, or the shittiest luck ever. At least she shares an area with the Sword Maiden...always nice get more of her weapon material.

Mike17723

Jan 9, 2019
v0.82d

Why is the 4-th boss map so glitched? The game switches between view 1 and view 2 roughly 30 times a second, once every 3 seconds, it's still playable, but dear god this is so annoying, has anyone else seen this?

I reached here by, importing a save from checkpoint 1, at the mountains, in game version 0.62d, from there I went through a dungeon, then the mines where human soldiers and monsters are fighting, then a dungeon again, then to the checkpoint2 where you gotta light the bone fire to reveal the boss portal in RED, and when I entered the boss map, this view gets glitched like this, it's absurd.

How can I fix this? Has anyone else seen or hit this issue?

glitched view 1.PNG glitched view 2.PNG

Oct 10, 2019
Anybody know if the Demoness weapon material is supposed to have a much lower drop rate than other miniboss materials? I've killed dozens and only managed to craft the weapon once. I'm trying to test it and I can't find another to save my life. Not sure if bugged, low drop rate, or the shittiest luck ever. At least she shares an area with the Sword Maiden...always nice get more of her weapon material.
it seem to drop about as often as the others for me, they are all way too rare, it is also annoying having to level them up, the scrap does not actually make it so the weapon is always of a good type, my maiden sword scrap turned into a magic rod, still by adding more of the material, like the demon horn, you do get a result with a higher level skill, sadly the base material is not really that good other than to force the weapon type so it is better to get a higer ability by enhancing, if you want just the skill however it seems to be much easier to buy them from the cat once you have her, she seems to sell the demon dagger scrap pretty regularly for me

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
it seem to drop about as often as the others for me, they are all way too rare, it is also annoying having to level them up, the scrap does not actually make it so the weapon is always of a good type, my maiden sword scrap turned into a magic rod, still by adding more of the material, like the demon horn, you do get a result with a higher level skill, sadly the base material is not really that good other than to force the weapon type so it is better to get a higer ability by enhancing, if you want just the skill however it seems to be much easier to buy them from the cat once you have her, she seems to sell the demon dagger scrap pretty regularly for me
Your sig is goated.

Reactions: telefonomusica

jetalpha

Aug 11, 2017
???? we can't pick this up anymore in camp, it's not possible to fight now ( no comment vs boss )
the campfire just makes you take the energy, very bad
wait next update
1693043135988.png

Oct 10, 2019
???? we can't pick this up anymore in camp, it's not possible to fight now ( no comment vs boss )
the campfire just makes you take the energy, very bad
wait next update
View attachment 2879814
if you are talking about the break floors where the bells to come back are the campfire with the lamp takes away about double the erosion of that, also soul drops are some of the most common drops every time you go back to base, I always get at least one from the blue lights

KnighT44

Oct 5, 2017
What do I need to do to defeat the second boss? I beat it till the second phase of it after destroying summon crystals then it just disappeared and the barrier to next area didnt despawn

jetalpha

Aug 11, 2017
if you are talking about the break floors where the bells to come back are the campfire with the lamp takes away about double the erosion of that, also soul drops are some of the most common drops every time you go back to base, I always get at least one from the blue lights
are you sure that you really win soul drop and not 1693063924577.png ? i have play 7x --> use 7x 1693064074923.png to go back --> search 7x all my base for the blue lights 1693063882334.png --> found 0 1693063958325.png = dead for me, dont need to go and see the new boss, have only 1 soul drop i think i must really wait of the next update

Oct 10, 2019
are you sure that you really win soul drop and not View attachment 2880738 ? i have play 7x --> use 7x View attachment 2880743 to go back --> search 7x all my base for the blue lights View attachment 2880737 --> found 0 View attachment 2880739 = dead for me, dont need to go and see the new boss, have only 1 soul drop i think i must really wait of the next update
I don't know what to tell you, I always found at leat one, I remember the cat also sold one but that may be more unreliable, I am sure it was soul drops, the pieces I just burn directly so it was not that, they are also inside chests sometimes but really the best way has always been at base from what I remember, maybe you are just being unlucky, or maybe you need to restart the game, some games start going crazy if you keep them open for too long, other than that I am out of ideas, they really are one of the easiest objets to find normally

jetalpha

Aug 11, 2017
I don't know what to tell you, I always found at leat one, I remember the cat also sold one but that may be more unreliable, I am sure it was soul drops, the pieces I just burn directly so it was not that, they are also inside chests sometimes but really the best way has always been at base from what I remember, maybe you are just being unlucky, or maybe you need to restart the game, some games start going crazy if you keep them open for too long, other than that I am out of ideas, they really are one of the easiest objets to find normally
thanks for your answers, at least i can say this time he has ... hmmmm.... destroyed the game XD, if I'd known what a disaster it was going to be with soul drops I'd have kept the old version and rushed to collect as many soul drops as possible, before go to new version

with only 1 that I have and I get 0 with all the ways you describe, no need to test the boss = 100% guaranteed failure
i dont have the choice to wait a new update to fix this

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
thanks for your answers, at least i can say this time he has ... hmmmm.... destroyed the game XD, if I'd known what a disaster it was going to be with soul drops I'd have kept the old version and rushed to collect as many soul drops as possible, before go to new version

with only 1 that I have and I get 0 with all the ways you describe, no need to test the boss = 100% guaranteed failure
Enter low level dungeon, full clear it until the first rest area looking for the Soul Drop blue pod thingies, return to town. Collect all drops in the church (I don't remember ever getting Soul Drops outside the church in town, but they might be there too). You have maybe a 75-50% chance of finding one each time you do that. You should be able to get at least 3 before the drop rate plummets in my experience. Not sure which area you're having trouble with, but the third area seems like it's designed for you to have to run it multiple times with the length of the optional areas, so no amount of Soul Drops you can reasonably farm will allow you to fully clear it in one go. You'll need to back after the optional areas, and then restart and rush to the boss once you've collected all the accessory unlocks and shit. That optional area in the 2nd half of the 3rd dungeon is fucking NUTS size wise.

Unless you're bugged, I can't see how you could do that dozens of times and not find any. I've been farming low level areas for miniboss weapons quite a lot...like 25 hours of play time and I haven't cleared the 3rd area a lot...and I think the longest I've gone without finding a Soul Drop is maybe 3 times into the dungeon and back to town. And that was when I already had 2 on me. Also just to make sure if you're unaware, having Soul Drops in your storage will also reduce their drop rate, so double check you don't have any in there. The devs are clearly trying to prevent people from just swinging their Curse Sword around nonstop to stomp hard content, but it seems they didn't test some areas of the game that well for balance.

I agree the Soul Erosion protection skill doesn't really scale up enough for some dungeons, I don't love HAVING to farm Soul Drops. I prefer it being an optional thing for fuck ups or dawdling too much in dungeons, but some maps are just way too massive.

Last edited:
Reactions: telefonomusica
Oct 10, 2019
Enter low level dungeon, full clear it until the first rest area looking for the Soul Drop blue pod thingies, return to town. Collect all drops in the church (I don't remember ever getting Soul Drops outside the church in town, but they might be there too). You have maybe a 75-50% chance of finding one each time you do that. You should be able to get at least 3 before the drop rate plummets in my experience. Not sure which area you're having trouble with, but the third area seems like it's designed for you to have to run it multiple times with the length of the optional areas, so no amount of Soul Drops you can reasonably farm will allow you to fully clear it in one go. You'll need to back after the optional areas, and then restart and rush to the boss once you've collected all the accessory unlocks and shit. That optional area in the 2nd half of the 3rd dungeon is fucking NUTS size wise.

Unless you're bugged, I can't see how you could do that dozens of times and not find any. I've been farming low level areas for miniboss weapons quite a lot...like 25 hours of play time and I haven't cleared the 3rd area a lot...and I think the longest I've gone without finding a Soul Drop is maybe 3 times into the dungeon and back to town. And that was when I already had 2 on me. Also just to make sure if you're unaware, having Soul Drops in your storage will also reduce their drop rate, so double check you don't have any in there. The devs are clearly trying to prevent people from just swinging their Curse Sword around nonstop to stomp hard content, but it seems they didn't test some areas of the game that well for balance.

I agree the Soul Erosion protection skill doesn't really scale up enough for some dungeons, I don't love HAVING to farm Soul Drops. I prefer it being an optional thing for fuck ups or dawdling too much in dungeons, but some maps are just way too massive.
I feel like the side areas are not supposed to be exploredif you plan to just pogress, in case people where unaware of this I guess it is a good idea to point out that the floors with a green portal also have a normal portal that just brings you to the next floor,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the game forces you to choose your battles, a good weapon is a lot better than levels most of the time so avoiding fights seems like the better strategy unless you need souls, the soul drops seem to be a last resort kinda thing, not a necessity, still the erosion is a bit eccessive at higher levels, I am at the las dungeon and am having problems even with the MTool,

as a last resort kinda advice I could give you, it just occurred to me you could have updated the game from an older version, I played on a fresh install, maybe the update simply broke the game, try to reinstall the game and see if it is still broken, that is truly the last resort I can think of

LeMon Meh

Jun 22, 2022
v0.82d

Why is the 4-th boss map so glitched? The game switches between view 1 and view 2 roughly 30 times a second, once every 3 seconds, it's still playable, but dear god this is so annoying, has anyone else seen this?

I reached here by, importing a save from checkpoint 1, at the mountains, in game version 0.62d, from there I went through a dungeon, then the mines where human soldiers and monsters are fighting, then a dungeon again, then to the checkpoint2 where you gotta light the bone fire to reveal the boss portal in RED, and when I entered the boss map, this view gets glitched like this, it's absurd.

How can I fix this? Has anyone else seen or hit this issue?

View attachment 2878876 View attachment 2878883
I think it is not a glitch nor a bug, it is more like a cutscene. Just go to the soul fruit and you will see the boss cutscene.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes