Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
THE SHRiNK [v0.4.1] - Compressed

Original Win Size: 1.83GB
Win Compressed Size: 266MB - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
The update is he is having an issue with a6000 and trying to fix it.
A6000.png

The RTX A6000 is finally here.
So, the last time I tried to celebrate this, the PC rebooted as I was typing...
If you get to read this then that means I was at least able to finish typing this one post!
I have not been able to enjoy my shiny new and super expensive GPU.
Ever since I got it, I have had nothing but problems and extra expenses.
I bought a 1200W PSU, and I have had to rearrange my PC cards (3090-A6000) a few times so far.
I can't say for certain what the issue was/is? But for now, I am going to keep troubleshooting and stress testing, until I am satisfied with the results.
On the bright side, it is an absolute MONSTER! Without any exaggeration, whatsoever.
My render times in Octane have been cut by half or more. So, if I manage to tame this combination of 3090, A6000 + Threadripper = Insane render count and animations.
In fact, I am currently at some 6-8 animations, despite all the issues I've had.
Next week I will also give you a full update on progress so far. For now, I just want to sort out my PC problems so I can focus on work.
I will keep you guys updated on the results.
Until then... I thank you for your support, and I truly appreciate you! Without you, none of this would have been possible.

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
The update is he is having an issue with a6000 and trying to fix it.
View attachment 1148725

The RTX A6000 is finally here.
So, the last time I tried to celebrate this, the PC rebooted as I was typing...
If you get to read this then that means I was at least able to finish typing this one post!
I have not been able to enjoy my shiny new and super expensive GPU.
Ever since I got it, I have had nothing but problems and extra expenses.
I bought a 1200W PSU, and I have had to rearrange my PC cards (3090-A6000) a few times so far.
I can't say for certain what the issue was/is? But for now, I am going to keep troubleshooting and stress testing, until I am satisfied with the results.
On the bright side, it is an absolute MONSTER! Without any exaggeration, whatsoever.
My render times in Octane have been cut by half or more. So, if I manage to tame this combination of 3090, A6000 + Threadripper = Insane render count and animations.
In fact, I am currently at some 6-8 animations, despite all the issues I've had.
Next week I will also give you a full update on progress so far. For now, I just want to sort out my PC problems so I can focus on work.
I will keep you guys updated on the results.
Until then... I thank you for your support, and I truly appreciate you! Without you, none of this would have been possible.
AHH OK THATS FINE I WAIT TAKE UR TIME ;)..I JUST ASK BECOUSE THE PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND I WAS WONDERING ,,,THANK U ..ITS SOO HARD WORK I KNOW

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Goddess5.0.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus. Now that is what I call a progress update.
Speaking of progress updates. I think I may have finally resolved my PC problems. I am not 100% sure yet. Just because it has not shut down recently, doesn't mean it won't.
I am currently at 12 animations for the Trifecta path, and 80 renders (Pass one).
I am now starting Pass one for Alice, "ass" you can probably tell by the images.
Alice has had yet another upgrade. Her skin was fine-tuned to perfection, as were her "curves" No more awkward glutes shapes. Yes, I finally decided to rework her from the ground up. Full reset and rework were done. The same Alice is still there, just better, so do not worry, I love her too, you know?
Once pass one for sweet Alice waifu is done, I will carry on with Melissa, Aiko, and finally Leliana. Yes, I'm going to work on any and all areas of this update, add as much content as I can. So, please be patient and let me do this right.
Thanks to the many delays from the RTX A6000 arriving late, to the PSU needing to be changed, to the PC issues, and now my real-life situation changing, my life has been a massive stress ball. More on that with the personal update, post.
Speak soon.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020

Important personal update. And yes, it concerns you as well. Please read me!
I don't know the exact date or even month, yet, but I do know that between now and early next year if Covid won't allow me to leave sooner, I am returning home.
For many years now I have tried to bring my family here, and if you know anything about how that works, it has been next to impossible.
I am tired of living 8000 km and some change away from my family for over a decade, now.
Now, what does this mean for you?
Is OMVN going to quit and retire on some island with a front beach house?
Yes and no. Yes, at some point in his life, and no, as in not anytime soon!
I am only just getting started here, you know?
I love what I do, and thanks to all of you amazing pervs. I mean, lovely people!
I have found what I want to do with my life for many more years to come, even on the other side of the world. To ensure that everything goes smoothly, I will be shipping my PC over there, ahead of time, by a few days.
I will insure it for some 20K or so, and crate it over safely. This year is about to get very stressful and costly for me, so I hope you will be kind enough to cut me some slack.
I'm about to change my entire life and go backward in time, almost literally.
The lifestyle changes alone will be brutal. So, I am going to prepare my PC as best as I can before I leave. To that end, I am currently trying to sell my 3090 FE + X570 MSI (Godlike) mobo, with 128GB DDR4 for some 5K. If someone does buy it, I will then add an additional 2.5K or so, and grab a secondary A6000.
Once that is done, 256GB of DDR 4, and an external drive to back all my projects in the event something does go terribly wrong with the shipping over there... And finally, save as much money as I can before leaving. Over there, no money = death, and I do mean that, literally.
So, yes. Big life changes, but worry not. I am not dying anytime soon, and I am not going to quit being OMVN for a long time to come.
I thank you all for making all of this possible and know that I truly mean when I say this.
"I appreciate, you." You guys have changed not only my life but that of my entire family.
Back to work now. <3 OMVN.

treborbc

Aug 15, 2020

Important personal update. And yes, it concerns you as well. Please read me!
I don't know the exact date or even month, yet, but I do know that between now and early next year if Covid won't allow me to leave sooner, I am returning home.
For many years now I have tried to bring my family here, and if you know anything about how that works, it has been next to impossible.
I am tired of living 8000 km and some change away from my family for over a decade, now.
Now, what does this mean for you?
Is OMVN going to quit and retire on some island with a front beach house?
Yes and no. Yes, at some point in his life, and no, as in not anytime soon!
I am only just getting started here, you know?
I love what I do, and thanks to all of you amazing pervs. I mean, lovely people!
I have found what I want to do with my life for many more years to come, even on the other side of the world. To ensure that everything goes smoothly, I will be shipping my PC over there, ahead of time, by a few days.
I will insure it for some 20K or so, and crate it over safely. This year is about to get very stressful and costly for me, so I hope you will be kind enough to cut me some slack.
I'm about to change my entire life and go backward in time, almost literally.
The lifestyle changes alone will be brutal. So, I am going to prepare my PC as best as I can before I leave. To that end, I am currently trying to sell my 3090 FE + X570 MSI (Godlike) mobo, with 128GB DDR4 for some 5K. If someone does buy it, I will then add an additional 2.5K or so, and grab a secondary A6000.
Once that is done, 256GB of DDR 4, and an external drive to back all my projects in the event something does go terribly wrong with the shipping over there... And finally, save as much money as I can before leaving. Over there, no money = death, and I do mean that, literally.
So, yes. Big life changes, but worry not. I am not dying anytime soon, and I am not going to quit being OMVN for a long time to come.
I thank you all for making all of this possible and know that I truly mean when I say this.
"I appreciate, you." You guys have changed not only my life but that of my entire family.
Back to work now. <3 OMVN.
I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you and your family here...Good luck with the move and I hope you and your family have many more years of happiness together...we will all wait for updates as and when you are up and running again.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020

bsl010.jpg

Progress update and news about the move.
I am so stressed out right now, that I may very likely not even make it to the move day that has not even been decided yet. It is harder to leave this country legally than it is to enter it illegally. I suppose that won't shock anyone, it usually is the case.
Progress update first:
Over 20 animations and 150 renders currently. Even though my life has been highly stressful, my work keeps me sane and grounded. So, do not worry, I'll survive even this, somehow. As long as you guys keep supporting me, OMVN is not going anywhere.
The move:
I have done my research on the cost of life and housing over there, as well as necessities for OMVN. Uninterrupted power and internet, for example. I'll need a backup generator and a UPS. Prices in Europe in general, are overkill in comparison.
For example, a BenQ 32 inch monitor which was the only acceptable brand for me to buy, would cost me some 500 to 1.2K euro for a 32inch (In Albania). So if you don't know the price of the item, MSRP USA side, for example, you would think 800 Euro is an awesome-sauce price. It is not. 650CAD $ gets you a 32, here. That is less than 500E. Anyhow, those of you who live in Europe know all too well how prices are over there.
I'll also need to make sure I stay above a certain income level if I want to continue being a VN dev without interruptions.
In all honesty, if it wasn't for my family, I wouldn't return, at all. There is very little gain for me there. But, I am going to make the best of it and use the "cheap labor" in comparison to this place and hire some English-speaking VA girls, for future projects.
So, keep funding me and the future is sure to be bright AF.
As in "Metahuman" level quality of characters and possibly even Unreal Engine to be used as my rendering tool, in the future. Don't worry about the how and the why, trust me, it's doable. I just need funds to pay for its licenses and assets in the future.
The VN itself will 99% sure stay in Renpy. I know most people don't use high-end PC for these, so not to worry. Only renders will be done elsewhere, when I see fit.
Once over there, I'm going to dedicate a room to my baby (PC). Then insure the place for theft up to 20K euro or something and finally, focus on my work.
I'll need some time to settle in at first, since the PC will be shipped ahead of me, and I won't be able to bring my monitors along, sadly. I'll have to go buy two new ones, roughly 1000 euro for both if I'm lucky. Then UPS, and so on. Expenses will pile up as soon as I touch down, no doubt.
With that said, I'll need to make sure I leave from here with some "safety net" $ put aside.
Hopefully, with the release of SHRiNK 0.5 we see an increase in support and finally hitting that cursed 2.5K mark.
So, please, spread the word about the games. I mean you must like them if you support me... Help me reach my goals. They are now more important than ever. My very survival depends on them. Especially since I still have that debt hanging over me. (5000$ roughly USD still owed to Patreon).

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Just a quick update for you pervs who lurk in the shadows and can't read my posts, even though some fake Alice leaks them to 95.

To those of you who support me, I thank you. I doubt I would be brave enough to return to that 3rd world hole masked as a European country, without your support. Back to work now. El Presidente does not allow long breaks.

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
Or what, yes.
hey my best dev ..i didnt know that the kuwaiti fan (me) is special to u .. that u pick his old comment from between all the comments he is soo lucky hehe ..thank u for the reply u the best ..dev thats great news .. but i hop they stay chubby like they r and not become more skinnyer..and im waiting for that and for my lovely aiko also i hop u take care of her this update ...i know u r doing a hard work thats why u disapeared from around here for awhile now welcome back

Reactions: OneManVN

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Wait, OneManVN , why do you owe Patreon $5k? What kinda shit are they trying to pull on you? They should owe you money! O_O
Long story short: Patreon gave me an advance on my pay. 6000$ So, they are not pulling anything, in fact, they are helping (believe it or not) Select few awesome devs only initially. The interest on it was flat rate and I have to pay it back monthly. I needed it to build the current monster. RTX A6000 - Threadripper 3960X 256GB DDR4 and TRX40 mobo with secondary GPU being a 3090 - 1200W PSU and so on.

Reactions: hamod

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Long story short: Patreon gave me an advance on my pay. 6000$ So, they are not pulling anything, in fact, they are helping (believe it or not) Select few awesome devs only initially. The interest on it was flat rate and I have to pay it back monthly. I needed it to build the current monster. RTX A6000 - Threadripper 3960X 256GB DDR4 and TRX40 mobo with secondary GPU being a 3090 - 1200W PSU and so on.
Did you get all that for 6K$ ? Where do I sign ?

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Ah, ok, I see. The way it was worded I thought Patreon was pulling some shit. (Their track record isn't exactly stellar.)

Also, good luck on your move and for the future, you deserve it. :)

Reactions: OneManVN

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Hahahaha. I wish! Just the RTX A6000 was 6K and some change. 7502$ CAD to be exact. Used my own savings for the rest. My rendering PC is worth close to 15K USD now.
The day I earn enough with AVNs to build myself such a rig, I leave to Belgrade and live like a king ! I'll need so learn Serbian but it can't be any harder than a computer language :LOL:.

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets
3.60 star(s) 64 Votes