harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
It sounds like nitpicking to me. A few days ago you argued about: "Why love paths have less hardcore scenes than NTR-paths". In case of Spellbook you suggest to add golden shower to the love route. On the one hand you want to see more "extreme"/hardcore scenes and on the other hand a cum kiss is taboo on the love path?

Don't get me wrong, we all have our kinks which we prefer to see in a game, but a dev can't satisfy everyone and every kink - this is why player can choose what MC or NPC should do.

- Back to the kiss scene -
You only get the scene on a specific path - the camping trip. And only if you choose to let Aurora be with Michael on the trip. With that choice Aurora is no longer a potential Love Interest.

And yes, there are players who play the love path only and are happy to give Aurora to Micheal. Now Jim & Rocco could start a poll and ask the players if they are ok with the cum kiss scene or not.

We also could start arguing now about "how much of Michael's cum went into Kelly's mouth"? Is it 50-50?? 50% cum and 50% Aurora's spit?? Or 99,99999999% spit and 0,0000000001% cum???

As you can see arguing about it is pointless. Same as arguing if the scene should be classified as "sharing or cheating" or that the scene should be removed.... Because all of that is avoidable, and I also guess that less than 5% of all love path players saw that scene.

To me it looks like, that you made a mountain out of a molehill with it by over-interpreting a cum kiss and assuming from it that it will lead to a sharing/cheating path on the love route. Which won't happen as Rocco & Jim stated.

I think Rocco & Jim didn't even think about it and only saw another "spicy" scene in it.
About Golden Shower, yes I suggested, but it's a kink & not at all related to "ntr". You are the who nitpicking kinks to the unrelated ntr topic. Kinks and NTR are different subjects. Whether dev may add that kink or not, it's his choice.

Now coming back to cum kiss, yes many few people may gone through that option, but still, I want to suggest non-ntr guys about that "part" & given by thoughts that it "may" lead to sharing (I hasn't confirmed it), so they can be prepared before itself. Now, for that, you may make fun of me as a guy who want to be a savior of non-ntr guys. But, I just made a friendly comment. No abuse to ntr guys or devs.

Yes, You may be right that some non-ntr guys want to see gf's cum share kiss which contains another male's cum. That's why I suggested in my first comment of this argument as "Avoid this part, if you are not into that". To make them prepare.
But, the whole issue started when dev countered "there is no ntr", also he provided definition for it, which also says cheating is also part of NTR (even if husband/bf won't catch). I said kissing another man's cum indirectly or directly is some kind of cheating. And I still stand corrected. Because Girlfrnd knows it's another man's cum & still wanted to kiss.

All have their own kinks & devs are the decision makers here. But that doesn't mean i don't have a right to express my opinions or suggest people. I'm not dictating anybody here.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Now, for that, you may make fun of me as a guy who want to be a savior of non-ntr guys. But, I just made a friendly comment. No abuse to ntr guys or devs.
Not making fun of you.. yes, my first reply may have been a bit "passive-aggressive", because I feel a bit annoyed about the same never ending debate about NTR and non-NTR in almost all game threads. Believe me when I say that my reply wasn't intended to insult you or attack you in person. ;)
But, the whole issue started when dev countered "there is no ntr", also he provided definition for it, which also says cheating is also part of NTR (even if husband/bf won't catch). I said kissing another man's cum indirectly or directly is some kind of cheating. And I still stand corrected. Because Girlfrnd knows it's another man's cum & still wanted to kiss.
This is why I don't stick to those fan-made internet definitions. Perhaps from Rocco's point he doesn't consider it as NTR but others do.

Also possible that a pure love path might be boring to create for a dev with tendencies towards NTR (wild speculation from my side).

Reactions: harsha_26

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
From my point it seems to be a love player's problem then and less a dev's. This actually reminds me of a discussion I had yesterday with a hardcore Star Trek fan about Star Trek Discovery. For a hardcore fan the show might be shit, but for someone who didn't watch all series and all seasons etc.. Discovery might be actually good because they don't have a certain bias towards something "new". Same goes for flavors etc...
The love route has two as well. The camping trip and the other with Nancy and Aria.

As far as I remember did Spellbook start as pure NTR game and Love route were added later, but please feel to correct me if I'm wrong.
First completely agree, it is about what the devs want with their game and then up to players to play it or not. Just what devs want has implications for players and if devs want to appeal to that base, you have to keep to the rules of those kind of games and showing sex with NPC's centered is a nono unless you have very good story reasons. It works two ways.

Love route has for some only one path left now, with the introduction of sharing in it. The other of these two paths just became a NPC centered sex route as well now for those. (Now to my opinion that is a bit much for one scene, but yeah I was also not waiting for that scene on a love path, nor very excited about it that time was put in rendering that instead of rendering a hot scene with MC, sorry that I feel that way :p). That is exactly the flaming that you see happening. :p Whether you or devs think that is right or not, that is how they feel about it.

Concerning how it started out, does not really count anymore since dev stated a different intention later on and have been trying to develop it as such. Just they underestimated the dislike of NPC centered sex on a love path.

Your last speculation on other post may well be true, but that is the devs problem and not that of players. :p There are so many ways to add drama and tension without showing an NPC having sex though.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: harsha_26

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
First completely agree, it is about what the devs want with their game and then up to players to play it or not. Just what devs want has implications for players and if devs want to appeal to that base, you have to keep to the rules of those kind of games and showing sex with NPC's centered is a nono unless you have very good story reasons. It works two ways.

Love route has for many only one path left now, with the introduction of sharing in it. The other of these two paths just became a NPC centered sex route as well now for those. (Now to my opinion that is a bit much for one scene, but yeah I was also not waiting for that scene on a love path, nor very excited about it that time was put in that instead of a hot scene with MC, sorry that I feel that way :p). That is exactly the flaming that you see happening. :p Whether you or devs think that is right or not, that is how they feel about it.

Concerning how it started out, does not really count anymore since dev stated a different intention later on and have been trying to develop it as such. Just they underestimated the dislike of NPC centered sex on a love path.

Your last speculation on other post may well be true, but that is the devs problem and not that of players. :p There are so many ways to add drama and tension without showing an NPC having sex though.
Totally agree! And don't be sorry for how you feel ;).

Developing a love path and a NTR path in the same game with the same characters and NPC never work well together. As you already said: love path needs to appeal to love players and there a a few "unwritten rules" such as not showing NPC centered scenes.

This was one of the reasons why I suggest to Rocco to split the game and make a love and NTR path separate games. This way the NTR version could focus on the cuckolding, sharing, cheating and NPCs and the love version focusing on MC with less male NPCs.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Developing a love path and a NTR path in the same game with the same characters and NPC never work well together. As you already said: love path needs to appeal to love players and there a a few "unwritten rules" such as not showing NPC centered scenes.
Well in defence of the devs, this game is actually one of the best implementations of that in one game overall. Helps of course that the spell explains the changes in the characters and that MC does not act smart in the NTR paths and all 4 paths are not too slow with sex. At least not too much of an oh he is my son I can't or I used a sex spell on my women but I am not gonna use it. :p

Just adding the sharing to a love path is not the smartest they could do since with that you again add the NPC centered sex to routes that should be very strongly MC centered, which was exactly the reason to split those paths in the first place. :) To me a much more defining and important distinction as NTR or not-NTR.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Not making fun of you.. yes, my first reply may have been a bit "passive-aggressive", because I feel a bit annoyed about the same never ending debate about NTR and non-NTR in almost all game threads. Believe me when I say that my reply wasn't intended to insult you or attack you in person. ;)

This is why I don't stick to those fan-made internet definitions. Perhaps from Rocco's point he doesn't consider it as NTR but others do.

Also possible that a pure love path might be boring to create for a dev with tendencies towards NTR (wild speculation from my side).
Pure Love path boring? I mean, Devs already succeeded in making non-ntr paths (love, dom/sub, harem) as exciting compare to games like c8lture shock lol. That's why he got support from non-ntr guys too. You can make things excited without adding anything that sounds like ntr. There are so many successful non-ntr games doing that, each with their different ideas.

But, yeah, this game was started on a different foundation. So may be your speculation is right. But, he said, "problem is with you guys". But Problem is not with not-ntr or ntr guys. Problem is about "perceptions".

NTR definition may be fan-made. But, I agree with that. Believe it or not, many of the people play with "MC name change" to their own, and think of MC as their "own-self" (yeah, debate for another day lol, just leave it now).

So, if we are the MC & not into NTR strictly, but suddenly sees a option in a strictly "locked up" non-ntr path, seeing our gf have the option to "sharing cum kiss" of another man, do we still think it is all okay & not at all cheating? Except If we have some kind of sharing/cuck fetish.

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Man.. I honestly don't get why the devs are getting so much heat from people. Just recently finished both of major love path and it seems to me it actually got quite a bit of variety to them. From what I can tell, the vacation route alone offers 3 diff. subpath in Nancy, Aria, and harem. Now I'm not sure if the devs will actually make a good distinction among different individual love routes and how the revamp of the game will affect it, but the way I look at it the set up for it is there.

Regarding the scenes with Michael and Aurora, I would never consider them to be NTR since the MC doesnt show any interest in her aside from that minor "oh maybe I can have a threesome!" moment iirc. I actually thought it was kinda sweet how two "nerdy" people are getting together and personally looking forward to where the devs go with this.

I will acknowledge that the whole cum kiss scene at the sleepover prolly can be a turn-off for the non-ntr players. But is it really all that difficult to look the other way for this one scene when there are quite a bit of variety offered for the love route? Hell, I haven't done the share route yet, but NTR route is waaay more streamlined than the love route iirc.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
GUYS!!!

DOWNLOAD here: the thread is abandoned. The game isnt though and will not be abandoned :)

Lots of love,
Jim and Rocco
The game doesn't seem to download anymore.
From patreon, it fails after a few minutes, and if you use the current install from here, the forced update keeps going in a loop after ages at low speed (48Kbps max).

My internet fiber is at 300/300, and other downloads are fine. Whichever hosts are being used, seems to be throwing massive tantrums, and have been for a while now... :(

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Man.. I honestly don't get why the devs are getting so much heat from people. Just recently finished both of major love path and it seems to me it actually got quite a bit of variety to them. From what I can tell, the vacation route alone offers 3 diff. subpath in Nancy, Aria, and harem. Now I'm not sure if the devs will actually make a good distinction among different individual love routes and how the revamp of the game will affect it, but the way I look at it the set up for it is there.

Regarding the scenes with Michael and Aurora, I would never consider them to be NTR since the MC doesnt show any interest in her aside from that minor "oh maybe I can have a threesome!" moment iirc. I actually thought it was kinda sweet how two "nerdy" people are getting together and personally looking forward to where the devs go with this.

I will acknowledge that the whole cum kiss scene at the sleepover prolly can be a turn-off for the non-ntr players. But is it really all that difficult to look the other way for this one scene when there are quite a bit of variety offered for the love route? Hell, I haven't done the share route yet, but NTR route is waaay more streamlined than the love route iirc.
Yeah, this game is better than many of so called optional ntr games. If you want know how much i love this game, just check the review where i given 5 stars with a long explaination how this game is very unique in routes. I only written love route review, because this game got popular in ntr genre. I need to see this game being popular in non-ntr genre too. I actually suprised when i first played the love route because it handled very differently compare to ntr.

But, still, some scenes like cum-kiss, even if it is provided as options can be huge turn off to non-ntr guys because they are playing love route with a destined mindset, thinking this route won't be like ntr route. And all options will be MC centered only. Because they got "locked" in it as promised by devs. Because it is so sudden to see that option we didn't see it as coming.
You won't get it. You might have different mindset. You may find it easy to ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: wittnotyoyo

przewodo

May 10, 2017
I think you was the only one that understood Aurora/Michael...

I already said here, but it seams that is never enough. MC will not share HIS girls with anyone. And on Michael's path, neither Michael will share Aurora with MC.

I'm sorry to say, but Love route is not HAREM route. Although you can have it by choosing Aurora to be with MC/Kelly.

This doesn't mean that they can't have sex in the same room just looking at them.

Now, if even this is too much, then just don't play it... Lot of people that plays only the love route aren't so strict like some here.

So, IF you took Michael's path, you will see more things happening with Michael/Aurora and MC/Kelly, again, not sharing their girls, no cheating or cucking, but having spicy scenes, alone or together.

You guys don't know HOW MANY requests I do get from people that HATES NTR and Juts play the game on the Love route.

Then, don't wanna see them even in the same room, don't play Michael's path. That's it. Michael and Aurora are two nerdy characters that they can be fit with each other.

And I gonna give this spoiler... there is a high chance in the future that we are gonna give a girlfriend 100% for David only.

Where is the NTR, cuck, sharing on this?

This is things that happens on RL, people meet each other, develop feelings, hang out together, have their friends and adventures, etc.

People can argue here all day/night what is or is not NTR, but if you start willing to be strict on what is it, then the love route is full of NTR but on the GIRLS PERSPECTIVE where MC FUCKS every single one and almost none of them knows about it. And Kelly shares his boyfriend with Aurora and she is being cucked.

So, before you guys continue to argue, what you can expect from the love route:

- No NTR content there (it's painful to repeat this every single time)
- No Sharing
- No Cucking
- You can have Harem.

If this isn't good enough, just don't play it then. It is painful enough to make a game, full of options and have people complaining that they have seen a pixel that can be cucking MC. Stop theorizing and saying what will happen in the future, because the only ones that can say what will or will not happen is us, so, just ask and we will reply your questions :).

Have a nice weekend! And remember, tomorrow is another release day! :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I already said here, but it seams that is never enough. MC will not share HIS girls with anyone. And on Michael's path, neither Michael will share Aurora with MC.

I'm sorry to say, but Love route is not HAREM route. Although you can have it by choosing Aurora to be with MC/Kelly.

This doesn't mean that they can't have sex in the same room just looking at them.

Now, if even this is too much, then just don't play it... Lot of people that plays only the love route aren't so strict like some here.

So, IF you took Michael's path, you will see more things happening with Michael/Aurora and MC/Kelly, again, not sharing their girls, no cheating or cucking, but having spicy scenes, alone or together.

You guys don't know HOW MANY requests I do get from people that HATES NTR and Juts play the game on the Love route.

Then, don't wanna see them even in the same room, don't play Michael's path. That's it. Michael and Aurora are two nerdy characters that they can be fit with each other.

And I gonna give this spoiler... there is a high chance in the future that we are gonna give a girlfriend 100% for David only.

This is things that happens on RL, people meet each other, develop feelings, hang out together, have their friends and adventures, etc.

People can argue here all day/night what is or is not NTR, but if you start willing to be strict on what is it, then the love route is full of NTR but on the GIRLS PERSPECTIVE where MC FUCKS every single one and almost none of them knows about it. And Kelly shares his boyfriend with Aurora and she is being cucked.

- No Sharing
- No Cucking
- You can have Harem.

If this isn't good enough, just don't play it then. It is painful enough to make a game, full of options and have people complaining that they have seen a pixel that can be cucking MC. Stop theorizing and saying what will happen in the future, because the only ones that can say what will or will not happen is us, so, just ask and we will reply your questions :).

The thing is though that Michael and David content will just not be exciting or interesting by definition to a lot of those on the love path. So why add them there in the name of realism in a game fueled by a sex spell, where they mainly will annoy people, while people on the NTR paths may love them having GF's that they can steal away?

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020

- No Sharing
- No Cucking
- You can have Harem.

I never argued you on Micheal. Yes, I said it is some kind of ntr because some of non-ntr fans see that way. But, that wasn't the issue. It's about "cum kiss". How can you defend whole cum kiss sharing scene is not at all a cheating scene? And we have theories on fictional stories although we are not directors or storylines. It happens all the time. Yes, they are pixies. But as long we play the game, for that small amount of time, we think they are our own. Otherwise, what's the point of MC name change?

And yeah, I have no right to dictate you to how to write the game or You have no right to say to me to don't play your game because it is in public domain which is free even officially. You have rights. I have rights. And we are just discussing our thoughts.

Last edited:

przewodo

May 10, 2017
The thing is though that Michael and David content will just not be exciting or interesting by definition to a lot of those on the love path. So why add them there in the name of realism in a game fueled by a sex spell, where they mainly will annoy people, while people on the NTR paths may love them having GF's that they can steal away?
Because people like it! And want it. And who said that isn't exciting? For those that don't like it, is not, for those that like, is is exciting...

I never argued you on Micheal. Yes, I said it is some kind of ntr because lot of non-ntr fans see that way. But, that wasn't the issue. It's about "cum kiss". How can you defend whole cum kiss sharing scene is not at all a cheating scene? And we have theories on fictional stories although we are not directors or storylines. It happens all the time. Yes, they are pixies. But as long we play the game, for that small amount of time, we think they are our own. Otherwise, what's the point of MC name change?
Again, you think it is, other don't... just don't choose that option then...

Edit: The naming change of the MC (at least my intention on it) is because every single game allows you to customize characters name and not everyone likes the standard name...

And yeah, I have no right to dictate you to how to write the game or You have no right to say to me to don't play your game because it is in public domain which is free even officially. You have rights. I have rights. And we are just discussing our thoughts.
And I didn't said that you don't have the right, you can do whatever you want... Everyone can say whatever they want. I just said that, IF you don't like it THEN don't play it.

Reactions: dyingbreed86

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Okay, some guys may feel sharing cocks instead of cum kiss is not ntr.
Some guys may feel sharing pussies is not ntr.
Some guys may feel swinging is not ntr.

So, what's stopping you to include those options too? If they complain,just counter with your ever-ready statements "Well, u can always avoid it", "If u think it is ntr, then don't play it".

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Because people like it! And want it. And who said that isn't exciting? For those that don't like it, is not, for those that like, is is exciting...

Edit: The naming change of the MC (at least my intention on it) is because every single game allows you to customize characters name and not everyone likes the standard name...

And I didn't said that you don't have the right, you can do whatever you want... Everyone can say whatever they want. I just said that, IF you don't like it THEN don't play it.
The thing is it is a love path and I am sure that if you also look around at other threads you might have noticed that one of the important things about romance games and paths is that you do not show others having sex at all period. It is a rule of the genre for a reason. Some are very extreme at it, but also for others that play MC centered it is no fun to see someone else as MC have sex (they just do not immerse in Michael or David, so it is more nice for them they get lucky but as with my friends in real life I am not waiting to see a stream of them having sex with their wives either, even if I may be happy that my friends ended in great relations :p), for some that even include lesbian sex, for others that is the one pass.

You made a great choice in breaking up the love paths and NTR paths so those who prefer MC centered and NPC centered content each had their own thing and now you add NPC sex again to the MC centered paths, which was the original problem before they were split. Such a pity.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
As a non-NTR fan I say it isn't exciting. I get the desire to add these sorts of situations for frequency and/or variety of H-scenes but personally I am not interested in voyeurism or sharing so for me having scenes like the cum-kiss really undermines things for me. I don't even care if there are other relationships in the game, I just don't want to see their sex scenes. I generally don't care about past relationships with a GF or who they see after a breakup but it doesn't mean I want to witness them having sex with someone else.

przewodo

May 10, 2017
As a non-NTR fan I say it isn't exciting. I get the desire to add these sorts of situations for frequency and/or variety of H-scenes but personally I am not interested in voyeurism or sharing so for me having scenes like the cum-kiss really undermines things for me. I don't even care if there are other relationships in the game, I just don't want to see their sex scenes. I generally don't care about past relationships with a GF or who they see after a breakup but it doesn't mean I want to witness them having sex with someone else.
And if isn't exciting, why you would choose to make Aurora be with Michael 10 updates ago?

You have other two options where you have all of them for you...

Edit: and btw, is our main focus...

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
I genuinely didn't thought my one suggestion and a imaginary assumption could turn into this big argument. Anyway, I still think devs really put their efforts, heart to this love route too, where are completely dedicating routes for alternative months. Yes, I have some issues. Like, who don't? Anyway, please support this game in patreon if you are financially good. This devs needs encouragement from gamers, particularly from love route fans, because devs already got success in ntr zone.

I still want to rate this game 5 stars because if their hardwork dedications for their love route. Where as other optional ntr games are so much worse, love routes in those games are just "masks" for their original ntr content.

Thankyou Jim & Rocco.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Jim.Satyr

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
And if isn't exciting, why you would choose to make Aurora be with Michael 10 updates ago?

The fact I might be happy for Michael to have a GF or are not interested in Aurora for myself does not mean though I am interested in seeing a sex scene between Michael and Aurora. If I would have been that interested in seeing her naked, I would have claimed her for myself in the first place to use your own logic. :)

The problem though is that it is adding for lots of fans of love path at best uninteresting NPC sex to the MC centered paths, not whether it is NTR, cheating or whatever.

As above poster said, it does not make the game bad immediately or takes away from its good parts, just it does not fit and is a pity to add it to the path where instead of exciting all it will be an annoyance or uninteresting to many who are there for that specific path.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020

I thought Aurora was better off with Michael than the MC and when there are male friends like this or other male characters in a game who are decent human beings then I don't necessarily like a have them all, hog all the girls option. I did not anticipate that decision leading to the MC's GF tasting Michael's cum.

I would be incredibly happy for Michael and Aurora and David and his future girlfriend as long as I didn't need to see their sex scenes or have interactions like the cum-kiss.

I'm not trying to convince you that I have the correct view of the world or to change. Your responses seem to imply that you cannot understand why non-NTR fans would have a problem with the way things are going and I was hoping that my response would try and explain things.

Ultimately this game may or may not be for me but either way I do wish your team luck. You are very group talented but I wish you were a bunch of NTR haters instead. :whistle:

On a more positive note, I think that you guys have done the best job of balancing between love and NTR routes in an NTR-optional game that I have seen on this site. I appreciate the effort to balancing the routes and the commitment to alternating updates.

3.40 star(s) 112 Votes