cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I will just give a example I m patreon for city of broken dreams and being a dick but with 10$ the low tier but i play the game on release + I can have talk ask for help for game quest or other stuf . Way to play a game after a month of release when is old news + people already talking about new update. Those devs getting more and more patreon why because of respect no locks
I understand your point and I'm able to relate to it from a point where game updates are far part. In case of The Spellbook we free players only have to wait 30 days tobe able to play the game - the same time devs needs to create new content -.

From my own experience as dev-team member (a different game) I can tell you that free players are the most impatient one. Most supporters do not play on release day, some patreons, which I personally know, do not even play two or three updates (3 months between each update).

Basically we could say: The lower the support tier goes the less people/players are patient.

In many cases you can witness that adult games effects people like a drug. The player get addicted to the games, because they immerse themselves to much into the game. You have the same effect after binge-watching a TV-Show or binge-reading a good book.

Rectory

Sep 3, 2020
I will just give a example I m patreon for city of broken dreams and being a dick but with 10$ the low tier but i play the game on release + I can have talk ask for help for game quest or other stuf . Way to play a game after a month of release when is old news + people already talking about new update. Those devs getting more and more patreon why because of respect no locks
Well, it's not like other games, and yes devs locked "latest update" content behind paywall. And f95 have a reputation to pirate games as soon as possible with the "latest update". Even the topmost games like Being A Dik, City of Broken Dreams, Treasure of Nadia etc will get pirated as soon as possible with the latest updated content & with full walkthroughs. But, because Spellbook devs won't allow this traditional system of f95, f95 mods team not giving them permission to update this thread anymore. Literally saying, "f95 abandoned this game thread" because it doesn't go well through with their "pirated" rules.

Many other game's devs are angry with this, but gradually accepted this f95 system because they can't stop it, also fans are also so happy to try these games with latest update. So, yeah even though their games getting leaked, they spend time with their fans in f95. I seen many famous devs doing that like WVM etc. Yes, devs like philygames, Dr. Pink Cake have left the f95, but not because their game is getting "leaked" here, but because they couldn't handle continuous posts in thread about asking updates, asking numerous questions, many debates, shit talk etc. But "leaking update" is least of their problem. Because they already got much support in patreon & also their count is increasing day by day even with f95 leakages.

Last edited:

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Stop liking the dev ass and see it in different ways. They have game locked behind the paywall, others big games are not because they gained support from different places like F95 people who play and decided to support. True all patreons can get the game free on release here and don’t stop the support of devs thanks to them for not being a (nice as spellbook devs) . My honest opinion maybe bad but is true and may be should be removed from forums with the payment locking
There's no paywall, you just gotta wait a month for the newest content. I honestly don't know what the hell your bitching about since you dont have to pay a dime to play their games
BADIK gets a lot support because how well the game is being made. And I'm pretty certain BADIK isn't F2P so I don't know what you're trying accomplish by comparing it to Spellbook. This game literally gives out free updates every month, and haven't missed a beat with the updates since I dled the game few months back

Reactions: manticore124

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
I understand your point and I'm able to relate to it from a point where game updates are far part. In case of The Spellbook we free players only have to wait 30 days tobe able to play the game - the same time devs needs to create new content -.
the thing is BADIK wouldn't be a free to play game if it wasn't leaked on here when the Spellbook devs are literally providing free content on a monthly basis. It honestly irks me that he's shitting on the spellbook devs for "locking" newest content behind a paywall and proceeds to compare it to a game that's completely locked behind paywall if it wasn't for leaks on F95.

Reactions: manticore124

Rectory

Sep 3, 2020
anyone have official walkthrough
pls i need it
There is no full walkthrough here. Walkthrough is only for higher tier patrons. And there isn't any uploader of f95 team to pirate it for you.

Although, if u want old walkthroughs, they are available already in this thread.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
the thing is BADIK wouldn't be a free to play game if it wasn't leaked on here when the Spellbook devs are literally providing free content on a monthly basis. It honestly irks me that he's shitting on the spellbook devs for "locking" newest content behind a paywall and proceeds to compare it to a game that's completely locked behind paywall if it wasn't for leaks on F95.
I bet if ren'py would have an encrypted paywall feature many devs would use it.

BigJim61

May 9, 2019
Look, I'm not a fan of NTR content or games of this genre, but i understand there are people who like it and I don't see any problem with game design focusing on this kind of content. Now, I find it very dirty when a creator tries to cover more than one type of content and does not have the ability to provide a decent amount of content for both genres (NTR and non NTR), and this clearly applies to The Spellbook. I think the game's creator should be more honest with himself and his pratreons, by creating a game with what he wants to work on, not with a game that can reach as many people as possible to give you financial support.
No offence Rufluszs but that's easy to say from this side of the fence. If we want to continue enjoying their PRODUCT then they have to be successful as business- persons. Having Said That, My advice to developers is stop promising release dates. Concentrate instead on content. Treat your customers with respect and consideration. Being upfront with them will pay off in the long run. Loyalty is what will ensure future success. It's alright to modify the game as you gain feedback from your patrons but you should have a well developed idea of how the game should play from beginning to end, before you even start rendering or coding. Always put yourself in the shoes of the player. Just my two cents as a retired businessman and artist.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Did you tried to set chrome as default browser? This always worked too...
Tried it 3 times. Unless, I manually go to that page (the first time the game is launched before it gets updated at least once) it never starts the update...
It could be a win 7 thing.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
For those that get a black screen in windows 7 (as I did).
Try to open your chrome (it does not work with firefox) and go to the address

Leave that page open and then start your game. Now you should see the update screen instead of the black screen (after the download initiates you can close chrome).
Sounds like a firewall thing to me then. If you open the connection manually before the game, then it works.
Have you added the game and its directory to your firewall's exceptions?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Sounds like a firewall thing to me then. If you open the connection manually before the game, then it works.
Have you added the game and its directory to your firewall's exceptions?
No it is not. It is related with intermediate certificates chain, more info here

django009

Jun 29, 2017
The game opens for me but when it is loading the game turns black and there it stays. can you help me.?

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
The game opens for me but when it is loading the game turns black and there it stays. can you help me.?
First is this from przewodo

You need to download the game from our official links and you can play it for FREE. Here the game is outdated and full of bugs. Here they are:

Win x64 ( | | Mega)

Win x86 ( | | Mega)

Mac ( | | Mega)

Linux ( | | Mega)
If you did download it from their own site and not here then you'll need to make chrome your default browser or what's suggested in next quote.

For those that get a black screen in windows 7 (as I did).
Try to open your chrome (it does not work with firefox) and go to the address

Leave that page open and then start your game. Now you should see the update screen instead of the black screen (after the download initiates you can close chrome).

Reactions: django009

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
alguna traduccion para el español.?
possible but unlikely. sometimes translations are made by fans and sometimes by devs and since dev holds all strings in his hands it's up to him if there'll be translations to other languages.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
But that should apply to everyone then, not just one person?
So far I only have seen this issue on Windows. Not a single report from Linux and Mac users.
It does not have to do with one person or windows/mac/linux os.
It has to do with the following Goddady certificate

If a user/system has already opened a web page with that certificate the download will proceed and the game will launch normally.

If a user/system has never encountered a page signed with that certificate unity will stop the download since it does not find the certificate in the system and considers the connection insecure.

Bellow I attach in the file "Godday cert.zip", the reg key of the certificate. Extract and doubleclick the file "Godday cert.reg" to import it in your system certificates. (= No more blackscreens with the spellbook);)
edit: firefox does not use the system's certificate store and this is the reason it fails for firefox windows users
more info here

przewodo you may want to add this to the faq page...

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 112 Votes