4.30 star(s) 57 Votes

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
There is a public Patreon post but since a lot of people don't check Patreon regularly..
(the accompanied render is already posted above)

Back in business!

Hi everyone,

After a pretty long wait, I'm finally typing this from my PC in my new home. I wanted to post this sooner but I decided that I wanted to show you guys a render too so I waited for a bit until this was done. I apologize for this whole process taking so long. There was so much going on with the apartment and just when I was about to sign the contract, someone else approached my agent with a better offer so there was a lot of back and forth. I ended up giving them the better offer in the end because the place is quiet and away from distractions. I prefer living in quiet places where there's not too much to do around because based on my experiences, the 'fun' places are super crowded on weekends which is what I wanted to avoid.

I realize that I forgot to pause payments for the second month as I said I would so I'll be pausing the next cycle instead. Sorry about that! With regards to the game, I'm back on work mode so I'll start posting weekly progress starting from today. My place is filled with cardboard boxes as I type this but my first priority was making sure my files and assets were functional so I had to come create a scene before cleaning up. I'll do my best to work as fast as I can without compromising the quality of the game.

The numbers dropped on Patreon but I'm not too worried because I expected that thanks to the long gap. I'm confident we'll climb back up soon. Again, thank you all for sticking around and also to the new members. Every time I get an email notification saying someone subscribed, it still makes me happy because it reminds me how I get to work on this game thanks to you guys. Forever grateful to have you guys as supporters.

-CC

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Hi everyone,
There was so much going on with the apartment and just when I was about to sign the contract, someone else approached my agent with a better offer so there was a lot of back and forth. I ended up giving them the better offer in the end because the place is quiet and away from distractions. I prefer living in quiet places where there's not too much to do around because based on my experiences, the 'fun' places are super crowded on weekends which is what I wanted to avoid.
Ouch! in Britain that is called Gazumping, and is very illegal.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Ouch! in Britain that is called Gazumping, and is very illegal.
It is only illegal in Scotland.
Until something's signed, there's no legal contract, and it is perfectly legal to do it.
Scotland's law a bit different, so it's extremely rare for it to be possible. In short, you sign extremely early in the process, so notaries are legally not able to validate any other offers to sum things up. BUT, if it's not yet signed, then the seller's free to accept any other offers.
But a verbal contract, has no legal value in just about every country I'm afraid.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
It is only illegal in Scotland.
Until something's signed, there's no legal contract, and it is perfectly legal to do it.
Scotland's law a bit different, so it's extremely rare for it to be possible. In short, you sign extremely early in the process, so notaries are legally not able to validate any other offers to sum things up. BUT, if it's not yet signed, then the seller's free to accept any other offers.
But a verbal contract, has no legal value in just about every country I'm afraid.
I've had a few friends be days from getting a place and losing it 'cause someone came in with a better offer they couldn't even match. House hunting in a popular or cheap area is hard.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
There is a public Patreon post but since a lot of people don't check Patreon regularly..
(the accompanied render is already posted above)

Back in business!

Hi everyone,

After a pretty long wait, I'm finally typing this from my PC in my new home. I wanted to post this sooner but I decided that I wanted to show you guys a render too so I waited for a bit until this was done. I apologize for this whole process taking so long. There was so much going on with the apartment and just when I was about to sign the contract, someone else approached my agent with a better offer so there was a lot of back and forth. I ended up giving them the better offer in the end because the place is quiet and away from distractions. I prefer living in quiet places where there's not too much to do around because based on my experiences, the 'fun' places are super crowded on weekends which is what I wanted to avoid.

I realize that I forgot to pause payments for the second month as I said I would so I'll be pausing the next cycle instead. Sorry about that! With regards to the game, I'm back on work mode so I'll start posting weekly progress starting from today. My place is filled with cardboard boxes as I type this but my first priority was making sure my files and assets were functional so I had to come create a scene before cleaning up. I'll do my best to work as fast as I can without compromising the quality of the game.

The numbers dropped on Patreon but I'm not too worried because I expected that thanks to the long gap. I'm confident we'll climb back up soon. Again, thank you all for sticking around and also to the new members. Every time I get an email notification saying someone subscribed, it still makes me happy because it reminds me how I get to work on this game thanks to you guys. Forever grateful to have you guys as supporters.

-CC
This dude is the definition wholesome. How on Earth did he end up becoming an AVN developer?

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

5 hours ago
Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update. I delayed the post intentionally because I wanted to hit the 300th render before I posted this. So right now we're at 400 renders(100 from before). I wanted to finish 300 in a week but it took two more days instead. I should be able to hit the 700 mark by the next update. 500-700 is usually how many renders I include in an episode but I'm probably going to aim for this one to have ~900 - 1000. This is because I have certain scenes I know I have to fit in this update.
I don't want to give dates for the release yet and should have a tentative date by the next update. Random irrelevant info but I'm also dealing with this annoying thing that's been happening for the past two nights. I wake up with one ear half blocked if that makes sense. It goes away after an hour or two but it just feels weird. There's no pain or discomfort so I'm just going to wait for another day and see if this gets worse.
I hope you all had a good weekend. I should also have a non canon image or two with the next weekly update which is when will also go up on Steam.
Thank you all for your support and patience!
- CC

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Hi everyone, how's it going?

I'm kinda confused by the update log on this site, and the description on the itch.io page. Are we currently on episode 4, or 5?

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Hey everyone. I'm in the middle of coding and testing as I move along. I'm close to the end so expect the links on the 23rd-24th. I ended up postponing my trip which was supposed to be on the 20th to the 25th. Turns out I needed those 3-4 days. I'm slightly disappointed because I still have around 400 renders I can use but don't have enough time to code them without postponing the release which is something I don't want to do so these renders will be part of the next episode. The only reason I'm disappointed because these are really fun scenes in my opinion and are much needed plot progression scenes. I'm guessing since I had so much time to write when I couldn't work for that 1.5 months, I just wrote more than I could handle so I'll just have to put those in the next one.
We're currently at ~1200 renders I think for this update. I haven't tested play-time yet but I'll maybe edit this post later when I do that. I'm feeling very good about future releases and I'm looking forward to any feedback you might have. If I don't respond to your discord messages, feel free to dm me or @ me since that's what I get notifications for.
Have a great week!

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes