3.20 star(s) 31 Votes

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
No problem:

Apologies

Hi

Apologies, but it looks like I won't be able to release today.

[...]

If we get it back in the next 3h or so, we'll release the update today. But if we don't, it will have to be tomorrow.

Again, apologies. And thanks for understanding.

Viit

This is a little out-of-date, since, as has been pointed out, v0.20 was released on Patreon about 4 hours ago.
I am waiting for some more action to be added before I try this game. However, I see Viitgames go with the usual, reliable release schedule, offering honest apologies over 12-hour delays and now, it seems as "potential delays". And from the quoted post, it seems there was no delay after all.

I admit I have missed the "I am sorry but there will be a delay. I promised the 20th and the update will be up in the early hours of 21st. "
I am too used to 3 week delays.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Yesterday's progress report from Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress report

Hi

Don't know what to say. Everything is on time. And it will be released on the 20'th.
One thing, though. On the question of the font. Some people would like me to change it. Let me know what you think about that in the coments. Should I change the font to something less ornate? More legible?

Viit

I think I can be pretty sure what the response to that question will be. I don't know of too many people who actually like the font used.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Yesterday's progress report from Patreon:

Progress report

Hi

Don't know what to say. Everything is on time. And it will be released on the 20'th.
One thing, though. On the question of the font. Some people would like me to change it. Let me know what you think about that in the coments. Should I change the font to something less ornate? More legible?

Viit

I think I can be pretty sure what the response to that question will be. I don't know of too many people who actually like the font used.
Sweet!!! Really nice sketch!! :D

I agree with you about the font :giggle: (y)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's v0.25:

The taming of the brat 0.25 for everyone, and android port

Hi

It's done.

I've changed the font. Let me know if this will do. If not, I'll make a poll about what font to insert and go from there.

That's about it. Here are the links.

Hope you're enjoying the ride so far.

Links:

Viit

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Here's v0.25:

The taming of the brat 0.25 for everyone, and android port

Hi

It's done.

I've changed the font. Let me know if this will do. If not, I'll make a poll about what font to insert and go from there.

That's about it. Here are the links.

Hope you're enjoying the ride so far.

Links:

MEGA PC Link

MEGA MAC Link

MEGA ANDROID Link

Viit
Thanks for the update! Viti remains at the top of the heap for timely updates. Really appreciated.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
Does anyone still trust Viitgames after the way Haley "ended"? Those "endings" were more like "stoppings" to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Haley's Story right up until the end. But you have to admit those "endings" were far less than that game deserved. It was basically, Haley is pregnant.... the end, no matter which path you were on. I'm really reluctant to get invested in another game by this dev, if he's just going to decide to stop the game at some point and just roll the credits without actually bothering to write real, fleshed out endings.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Does anyone still trust Viitgames after the way Haley "ended"? Those "endings" were more like "stoppings" to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Haley's Story right up until the end. But you have to admit those "endings" were far less than that game deserved. It was basically, Haley is pregnant.... the end, no matter which path you were on. I'm really reluctant to get invested in another game by this dev, if he's just going to decide to stop the game at some point and just roll the credits without actually bothering to write real, fleshed out endings.
Endings are difficult. Especially for the writers. I love Haley's Story. It's the 2nd VN I encountered. It really worked. Some of the best sibling dialog I've read, including general literature. I think the endings were fine. I mean what should we expect? 4-6 more updates to spin the outcomes over (say) a decade? Nope. They were endings. We should expect that they would tie off the various threads and give us some amount of closure, and they did. There could have been a bit more in every case, but where do they draw the line?

In every path, I wanted to see the MC and Haley find their happiness. They did. Would I have found more details interesting? Sure. But the endings were more than good enough for me.

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
Endings are difficult. Especially for the writers. I love Haley's Story. It's the 2nd VN I encountered. It really worked. Some of the best sibling dialog I've read, including general literature. I think the endings were fine. I mean what should we expect? 4-6 more updates to spin the outcomes over (say) a decade? Nope. They were endings. We should expect that they would tie off the various threads and give us some amount of closure, and they did. There could have been a bit more in every case, but where do they draw the line?

In every path, I wanted to see the MC and Haley find their happiness. They did. Would I have found more details interesting? Sure. But the endings were more than good enough for me.
Well, I definitely disagree, but I respect your opinion. To be clear, I'm not asking for "4-6 more updates" going into the next decade. I'm just asking for a few screens giving a bit more details into what happened next. Most of the paths resulted in Haley being pregnant, someone calling them irresponsible, Haley pretending she had a one night stand that got her pregnant, and roll credits.

Those aren't endings. There is no resolution. They don't "find their happiness" because we don't even know what happens. Do they stay together? Do the parents ever find out? Does someone ever call the Mom out on the bullshit way she treats Haley? Does Haley ever actually deal with her sexual trauma? Do Haley and the MC stay with whoever else is in their relationship?

We don't know anything. We are just left hanging. This game deserved better. Play Sisterly Lust or Parental Love or even My Sister, My Roommate (although that one could have benefited with a few more endings), or Twists of My Life. Those games had real endings. Even Freeloading Family or Life with Pleasure which both had fairly rushed endings were at least mostly satisfying. Haley's Story just stopped.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Well, I definitely disagree, but I respect your opinion. To be clear, I'm not asking for "4-6 more updates" going into the next decade. I'm just asking for a few screens giving a bit more details into what happened next. Most of the paths resulted in Haley being pregnant, someone calling them irresponsible, Haley pretending she had a one night stand that got her pregnant, and roll credits.

Those aren't endings. There is no resolution. They don't "find their happiness" because we don't even know what happens. Do they stay together? Do the parents ever find out? Does someone ever call the Mom out on the bullshit way she treats Haley? Does Haley ever actually deal with her sexual trauma? Do Haley and the MC stay with whoever else is in their relationship?

We don't know anything. We are just left hanging. This game deserved better. Play Sisterly Lust or Parental Love or even My Sister, My Roommate (although that one could have benefited with a few more endings), or Twists of My Life. Those games had real endings. Even Freeloading Family or Life with Pleasure which both had fairly rushed endings were at least mostly satisfying. Haley's Story just stopped.
Yeah we can agree to disagree. I've played all of those and really enjoyed them. Could Viti have done more to end Haley? Sure, but only they could decide how much more. Virtually no ending is perfect in everyone's view. You needed a bit more, I didn't. If you look at some of the complaints, some folks needed another game.

We might consider this as well. Unlike a novel or game that we purchase as a completed product with no insight into its evolution, you and I and many others watched the VN unfold as it evolved. So we attached ourselves to potential outcomes long before the narrative delivered us to the end point. Years of waiting. Years to consider what we hoped for as an ending. No matter what, among those of us who followed Haley month by month, so many of us were doomed to disappointment in the endings.

I have no data, but I'd wager that most folks who buy the completed product find the endings sufficient even good. After all it's a great story, and if you consume it in a single pass, maybe the details of the endings aren't so important. Maybe. You and I can't know. We didn't experience Haley that way.

3.20 star(s) 31 Votes