3.30 star(s) 32 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I really like this game i'm just a bit worried the endings will be rushed like haley's story oh well i guess we will find out eventually.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Astrocreep137

Aug 3, 2022
So that's why i don't use Avast and disable all MS shite.
It's a false positive.
Get a serious av.

to get an idea
I don't use Avast either. I use AVG, but also scanned the file with Defender. If one throws an alert, I check with the other. Obviously if BOTH throw an alert, then a file becomes suspect. I've never had an issue with AVG and it has caught EVERYTHING that was thrown at it. I do appreciate the link to the list though. Thank you.

I did also mention that there are quite a few recent updates to AVNs (seems to be RENPY related) that are throwing alerts with various antivirus programs. They may very well be false-positives? I'm just not sure if there was a recent update to RENPY that is causing this?

Suffice it to say, the files went to the quarantine and were exterminated with extreme prejudice. I'll check back after some updates take place to my antivirus programs to see if anything has changed. I posted it as an informational thing, so people were aware if they see it happen.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I don't use Avast either. I use AVG, but also scanned the file with Defender. If one throws an alert, I check with the other. Obviously if BOTH throw an alert, then a file becomes suspect. I've never had an issue with AVG and it has caught EVERYTHING that was thrown at it. I do appreciate the link to the list though. Thank you.

I did also mention that there are quite a few recent updates to AVNs (seems to be RENPY related) that are throwing alerts with various antivirus programs. They may very well be false-positives? I'm just not sure if there was a recent update to RENPY that is causing this?

Suffice it to say, the files went to the quarantine and were exterminated with extreme prejudice. I'll check back after some updates take place to my antivirus programs to see if anything has changed. I posted it as an informational thing, so people were aware if they see it happen.
Here more infos for the false positives problem popping up lately [Announcement] - Recent Influx of Virus Detections | F95zone

Reactions: maikelblack

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
BelleorElena variable made me think it'd be a exclusive 2 routes, but the dev utilized the range of a variable well to make it 3 routes instead of 2. Nicely done (y)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
well true, this isn't goty but can't be played w/o laughing "couple" times.

this on other scale than haley, this is more humorous than haley was which isn't for all.
Agree, both games are different. When we take away the fact both are released monthly, there isn't much more to it. Story, writing, genre, even thing that don't usually change like style or characters. When I have to say which is better, my vote is Haley. Haley had (if I remember correctly about 30% more content per update.
It's not that this is bad, it isn't. But different. But i still love Bella "dancing". :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
And yes, game is underrated.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Is this one really as bad as reviews imply? ~ 5 stars on the previous game to 2 1/2 stars on your next game... sheesh.
It's definitely not as bad as the ratings imply. Though I understand why it doesn't appeal to as many people as Haley did.

For one, the MC really is a dick. Whenever I feel some kind of connection with him, he does or thinks something that is off-putting (like you think he really cares about the women, the next moment he thinks something completely calculating or dismissive.
That just feels weird to me).

The ladies are also less sympathetic characters, for now. With the aunt being more likeable and the niece being very annoying from time to time. Don't get me wrong, they both also have good sides, warm and cute, but we also do get quite a bit of that other shit.

Then there are the updates. I don't know how many reviews mention it, but they are extremely short.
Sometimes it's like one or two scenes with one of the characters and the other has barely anything to do with the story.
That is a problem in the way that you can't really get behind characters and stories, when the update is over so fast, that you don't really connect with the game in that short period of time.

But again, it does not at all deserve 2,5 stars. I'd rank it around a 3,5 and would give it probably a 4-star review here, because if I had to choose between 3 and 4, it would be closer to a 4.
Give it a chance and play through what is there, but I would advise you to always wait until a few updates arrive, before continuing to play.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
In my mind, the only thing that keeps this from being a 5-star game is the quality control, or the lack thereof. Yes, Viit hands the script off to a proofreader, but there is only so much that a proofreader can do without playing the game. Such an arrangement will catch most spelling errors, grammatical mistakes and the like. But what it can't do is catch when the wrong person is speaking lines or when images are displayed out of sequence - both of which happened in this latest release. Nor can it help with programming errors, which have happened in the past.

Reactions: botc76

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
only occasionally? are we playing same game? she's annoying most of time. :p
It's not all the time. Occasionally she "dances" and we won't or can't see her. Minutes to rest our eyes (closing them). And, proof, she isn't annoying "all" the time. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
only occasionally? are we playing same game? she's annoying most of time. :p

I think when you are on her route, she shows a bit of a different side, at least that's how interpret it. I also tend to give young people a bit more leeway.
They still have to really mature. If she behaved like that with 35-45 years, that would be way worse.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
there is only so much that a proofreader can do without playing the game. Such an arrangement will catch most spelling errors, grammatical mistakes and the like. But what it can't do is catch when the wrong person is speaking lines or when images are displayed out of sequence - both of which happened in this latest release. Nor can it help with programming errors, which have happened in the past.
That's actually poor practice, though. A proofreader should not only proof the script, but should see how changes are reflected within the game and make adjustments accordingly. I suppose not everyone can live up to my standards of editing. :geek: [Said while acknowledging that apparently criminal is not spelled "crimal"; sorry again for the "alternate" spelling, Pixie!]

And to be clear: I am not wanting to become a proofreader for this game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That's actually poor practice, though. A proofreader should not only proof the script, but should see how changes are reflected within the game and make adjustments accordingly. I suppose not everyone can live up to my standards of editing. :geek: [Said while acknowledging that apparently criminal is not spelled "crimal"; sorry again for the "alternate" spelling, Pixie!]

And to be clear: I am not wanting to become a proofreader for this game.
I see the problem as using proofreaders instead of actual testers.

The root problem is the monthly schedule and getting a meaningful amount of content into each release. That schedule does not allow for real quality control. One solution (which I admit will never happen) would be to go to a 2-month schedule, and reserve the last week for beta testing by independent testers. That would give more content with each release, albeit less frequently, but make catching errors more likely.

Of course, planning the content for the next release and only releasing when it is completed and fully tested, whenever that would be, would also work.

However, this developer is committed to a monthly release schedule, which is liked and admired by many. So we get what we have, a very good, but half-heartedly tested game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I see the problem as using proofreaders instead of actual testers.

The root problem is the monthly schedule and getting a meaningful amount of content into each release. That schedule does not allow for real quality control. One solution (which I admit will never happen) would be to go to a 2-month schedule, and reserve the last week for beta testing by independent testers. That would give more content with each release, albeit less frequently, but make catching errors more likely.

Of course, planning the content for the next release and only releasing when it is completed and fully tested, whenever that would be, would also work.

However, this developer is committed to a monthly release schedule, which is liked and admired by many. So we get what we have, a very good, but half-heartedly tested game.
An alternative could be to have proofreaders give a once-over for the monthly release but then (before the next release gets shipped to them) proof the previous update more thoroughly by actually playing the latest official release for additional revisions. But you're right: if someone isn't an actual tester or developer, they wouldn't see variable issues or the like in the script files.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I've just spent the last couple of days replaying the dev's other game. Full disclosure, that game is one of my all time favorites, so comparing them has an inherent bias.

That said, what's missing from TTB is the rich personalization of the twins in his previous story. The reason that story was so damn good was that the dialog worked. The interaction between his two primary characters was ever evolving and never distant. The MC, Belle, and Elena are each in their own capsule. Each in their own heads. No building between them. No meaningful tension. Nothing to draw us the reader in.

The twins were never boring. They were entertaining at a superficial level, and interesting at a deeper level. These three are pretty much unengaged with one another, and the MC is so deep into his head that he offers little purchase for the chance of real involvement.

Lastly, the whole alcoholism thread is poorly handled. Simply put, true alcoholics don't deal with their issue nor think about it as presented in this story. As such, it's just an ongoing speed bump to the story.

Viti is capable of much much better writing. I agree with the comments that this is a good AVN, but Viti is capable of producing an amazing VN. That's what we all hope for.

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes