3.20 star(s) 31 Votes

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Damn, the MC has short-term memory loss I guess.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I guess he's got permanent damage from his heavy boozing days. :(
More like that the DEV is all over the place... i dont know what happend to viitgames, but iam 100% sure its not the same guy/guys doing this game like the ones who did the majority of the game "Haleys Story" its just a huge fucking difference in every regard... well, except the end of Haley, the last, maybe 10% of game are a huge let down, and i think the was a change in the DEV team or something like that. The last updates for Haley were really sloppy and rushed, and TTotB is pretty much the same bad quality overall like the last 2 updates of Haley. Several error in continuity, bad writig and dialogues are rocky too...

Reactions: Subyan

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
View attachment 1559068

Aug. 26, 2023:
Updated the Mod for the new game version v0.90

Download Mod v0.90AudioWT (~52MB)
with music/walkthrough/cheat/replay
WorkUpload -

Download Mod v0.90WT (~1MB)
with walkthrough/cheat/replay
WorkUpload -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.90AudioWT (~477MB)
Workupload -

Additional downloads:
Game saves taken at the end of each chapter
(on save pages 1 and up)

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 2124428 View attachment 2124429 View attachment 2124430 View attachment 2124431 View attachment 2124432 View attachment 2124433 View attachment 2254089 View attachment 2254090
Where do you install the mod please?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Where do you install the mod please?
There is a little install info in my Zip file. But mostly it's:
- install the main game
- extract my Mod Zip and move the files (and the folder "music" when using that Mod variant) into the game folder ....\TTB-v.90-pc\game\ , overwriting the existing files.

Reactions: ucu32167

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's the Patreon post announcing the release of v0.80:

The taming of the brat 0.90 for everyone and android port

Hey

It's finished.

Managed to keep my word this month since the 20'th fell on a weekend :)

We're starting to get close to the end of the VN. Not there yet, but we're starting to get there.

I'll stop talking now. Hope everyone enjoys the update.

Viit

All download links for v0.90 are now on the OP.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
More like that the DEV is all over the place... i dont know what happend to viitgames, but iam 100% sure its not the same guy/guys doing this game like the ones who did the majority of the game "Haleys Story" its just a huge fucking difference in every regard... well, except the end of Haley, the last, maybe 10% of game are a huge let down, and i think the was a change in the DEV team or something like that. The last updates for Haley were really sloppy and rushed, and TTotB is pretty much the same bad quality overall like the last 2 updates of Haley. Several error in continuity, bad writig and dialogues are rocky too...
Can you define "all over the place" with specific examples?

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Can you define "all over the place" with specific examples?
dont really know what you want now... did you play Haley? Compare it with this game and i think its pretty obvious what i meant. Iam not really in the mood to download those two games again, play through them just to make some screenshots to show you how different in quality those two games are in every regard and how the end of Haley differs in that matter to the rest of the game too...

and iam by far not the only one that noticed the change of quality especially for the game Haleys Story in the end... the last 20% of that game are not even close the quality of the first 80%. Its like dropping from a 5 star game to a 2 star game or something like that.

I mean... you posted those screenshots yourself, to show that continuity is a problem, cause the DEV doesnt even rember what he had written just some lines ago. That is One example, and you can see those things a lot in this game, and a lot too at Haleys Story, but there only in the end... this is just sloppy work and shows that the DEV isnt really into things here... and if you have played Haleys Story, especially the first half, this is really strange, cuase the quality change is mindblowing to me. It just cant be that those are the same DEVs.... Haleys first half or 70% has to be made by another DEV than the end and taming the brat, i cant think of any other explanation for the change in quality otherwise.

What stands out the most are the pretty dumb dialogues in taming the brat, the stupid giggeling and all that, and the stupid monologues of the MC and so on... you will not see that in Haleys story... it feels like, Haley was written by an adult, and taming a brat was written by a child... its just so strange how different the writing is, and no... that has not anything to do with "personalization" or some sort... its just really bad written overall. And no way this is the same writer than the one who did the first half or 70-80% of Haley... just cant be.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
dont really know what you want now... did you play Haley? Compare it with this game and i think its pretty obvious what i meant. Iam not really in the mood to download those two games again, play through them just to make some screenshots to show you how different in quality those two games are in every regard and how the end of Haley differs in that matter to the rest of the game too...

and iam by far not the only one that noticed the change of quality especially for the game Haleys Story in the end... the last 20% of that game are not even close the quality of the first 80%. Its like dropping from a 5 star game to a 2 star game or something like that.

I mean... you posted those screenshots yourself, to show that continuity is a problem, cause the DEV doesnt even rember what he had written just some lines ago. That is One example, and you can see those things a lot in this game, and a lot too at Haleys Story, but there only in the end... this is just sloppy work and shows that the DEV isnt really into things here... and if you have played Haleys Story, especially the first half, this is really strange, cuase the quality change is mindblowing to me. It just cant be that those are the same DEVs.... Haleys first half or 70% has to be made by another DEV than the end and taming the brat, i cant think of any other explanation for the change in quality otherwise.

What stands out the most are the pretty dumb dialogues in taming the brat, the stupid giggeling and all that, and the stupid monologues of the MC and so on... you will not see that in Haleys story... it feels like, Haley was written by an adult, and taming a brat was written by a child... its just so strange how different the writing is, and no... that has not anything to do with "personalization" or some sort... its just really bad written overall. And no way this is the same writer than the one who did the first half or 70-80% of Haley... just cant be.
Well, I won't disagree on quality — of the (lack of) overall plot, of the MC and his motivations, of the dialogue changes, and so on. I did play Haley's Story, and I did notice changes in quality and the sudden rush to wrap up that story instead of fleshing out the story properly (including fully abandoning what previously had been implied to be possible routes that went nowhere).

Your statement about continuity in this game was surprising to me, however. I didn't think that instance I mentioned felt like a continuity problem; I specifically said what I thought it might be. I have to say that I don't really see the continuity issues you describe, generally speaking. But I also play a very large number of games, so it's possible I'm just not remembering. That's why I asked for examples. You say you have seen it a lot, so I assumed you could name some off the top of your head or something. Shrug.png

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Actually, the writing style between the two games is completely similar. The themes are different, as well as the characters of the two MCs.

The real problem with these two games, and all other games created by team members, is the almost complete lack of QC. That existed in Haley from start to finish, and continues in this one.

The quality didn't change in Haley (it was always poor), the interest of the developers did. They lost interest when Patreon forced them to eliminate the incest theme (which was essential for the main characters' motivations) from the game. They had to apply a patch, and essentially write two versions for each release. Consequently, the ending became terribly rushed.

Oh, about the giggling: you should go back and count all the 'he he's and 'he he he's in Haley's Story. You'd be surprised at how many there are. I found 7 in the first release alone.

Now, it is obvious that you dislike this game. That's fine. No game can satisfy everyone, and if you were looking for another game like Haley's Story, this isn't it. I believe it has its own merits, but I'm not you. Sorry that this one disappoints you. It might be best if you drop it. Peace!

Last edited:

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023

AFAIK Haley's Story was written by Ptolemy, who I believe is one of the best AVN writers. Hence the excellent story and dialogues. I don't know about this one. I asked about it a few pages ago but people are not sure.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
For me there is one big difference between "Haley" and "the taming of the brat". "Haley" started strong, was a top 5 game for me back then. But imo got week after some time, and at some point I even didn't played it anymore. It was not on purpose, still downloaded the updates to play them at some time - but somehow never did.

Here - at least so far - it's the opposite: the game started "meh". But the longer I played it the more I liked it. It's not top 5 of course. And it's probably not a game for the "masses". Also as already pointed out there are quite some issues/flaws in there (like in all "ptolemy" games). But for me the game grow to one I'm following and waiting for the next releases.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
AFAIK Haley's Story was written by Ptolemy, who I believe is one of the best AVN writers. Hence the excellent story and dialogues. I don't know about this one. I asked about it a few pages ago but people are not sure.
are you sure about Ptolemy? I played alexandra and Dana from him... its news to me he wrote Haley, was he part of the DEv team from viit or what? Interesting.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The quality didn't change in Haley (it was always poor), the interest of the developers did. They lost interest when Patreon forced them to eliminate the incest theme (which was essential for the main characters' motivations) from the game. They had to apply a patch, and essentially write two versions for each release. Consequently, the ending became terribly rushed.
Yeah, that's what I was (less effectively) wanting to indicate. I realized afterward that I had said, "changes in quality and the sudden rush to wrap up that story" but I actually meant, "changes in quality, primarily the sudden rush to wrap up that story". That honestly was the biggest thing for me at the end. It seemed clear to me they weren't interested in wrapping up many of the earlier LIs they presented, and it felt like they were in a rush to move on to the next project. Some of them were understandably never serious, but still: they practically Thanosed those characters. Suddenly they were almost completely unimportant and forgotten for anything happening in the game after a certain point, despite focus on pursuing them.

For this game, it's a bit of a different matter: the plot really is only the MC's relationships with the girls. The other stuff — his being a recovering alcoholic and having fallen into obscurity with his art; Elena's struggles with her art gallery; the brat's feelings about herself and her family — realistically is all just detail to flesh things out. I enjoy the game overall, but this is much more of a slice-of-life style game than Haley's Story was. I don't really think there's much that could change because it seems fairly obvious the direction things will go. I don't want to jinx anything, but I would think it's actually decently difficult to take what we have right now and make a sudden veer where everyone's left scratching their heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
are you sure about Ptolemy? I played alexandra and Dana from him... its news to me he wrote Haley, was he part of the DEv team from viit or what? Interesting.
As I understand it, Viit was part of the LikesBlondes team that wrote Life with Mary. Ptolemy came to the leader of that team with a proposal for a new incest game (Haley's Story). The team leader didn't want anything to do with incest, but he allowed Ptolemy to poach Viit and one other person (who eventually left the new team), and they started writing Haley's Story.

All that, I am sure of. How much influence Ptolemy has on this game - I don't really know. None of the Viitgames or Ptolemy teams post here, nor do they talk about other teams they might work on on their Patreon sites.

What I do know is that the coding styles of LikesBlondes, Ptolemy and Viitgames are nearly identical. How they structure their code, naming conventions AND lack of quality control - all the same.

EDIT: Didn't you notice that characters from Alexandra showed up in Haley's Story?

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of The Taming of the Brat v0.90 with the multimod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
Pretty sure. I've seen his name in connection to HS in a few sources.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
EDIT: Didn't you notice that characters from Alexandra showed up in Haley's Story?
of course, but that doesnt mean they work that close together... cameos are a common thing around here in many games... in leap of faith for example there are lots and lots of cameos, and the other way around. and so on... so i can easily recall about 10 games where chracters out of other games have cameos cause the DEVs share some common ground, but not that they work together on a game.

But well, as you tell me, iam convinced that Ptolemy is on board at least with Haley, dont know about this game here though... besides, Ptolemy isnt my favorite, i played two games made by him, and both share the same problems, they start promising, are coming along great, but about halfway thorugh they go downhill and you can easily see that he lost interest in the game and just wants to get over with it, that goes for alexandra and dana i would say (didnt play his other games). And indeed, for Haley too, so its kinda plausible he was in the crew there too... i guess.

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
This is a screenshot from ptolemys own discord, with all the games he/they are working on or have worked:
(his new game "Expectations" is not listed there so far)
2023-08-27 14_24_43-Window.jpg

3.20 star(s) 31 Votes