3.20 star(s) 31 Votes

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
i played two games made by him, and both share the same problems, they start promising, are coming along great, but about halfway thorugh they go downhill and you can easily see that he lost interest in the game and just wants to get over with it,
Ptolemy is a writer. I think the developer/publisher decides a fate of a game eventually. As for the quality of the actual writing, Ptolemy is one of the best on pair with DPC and a few others.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
All their games have similar styles. Art, coding, writing etc.

They make very nice characters, good renders and enjoyable stories.

But the negatives are pretty bad.

Obviously QC is nearly non-existent. They don't test the game pre-release so you always end up with missing images or saves breaking or other simple bugs.

The other thing is writing is strong for 90% of the game... until the endings. They just forget certain characters or rush. Sometimes losing interest all together.

Like in Haley the endings were obviously rushed. In LWM the endings were rushed too. They tend to have choices that end up not mattering even though they should've. Sometimes characters vanish. And PTOLEMY has been open that he doesn't like IR, that is why it hardly ever gets updated.

In a way, they're like an upgraded version of Daniels K (another dev who had made multiple games and is notorious for bad endings). They've made enough games that follow the same pattern that you know what you're going to get when they make another.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.90 + Multimod by KoGa3

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Mega
PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 366 MiB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm getting concerned that there has not been a Patreon post from Viit since August 25, when v0.90 was released at the $5 level. He has remarked that he changed his releases to the weekends, because of his work schedule. Perhaps real life, like an increased work load, has impacted development.

I hope I am just being paranoid, but it's not like Viit to miss the regular progress reports.

• Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm getting concerned that there has not been a Patreon post from Viit since August 25, when v0.90 was released at the $5 level. He has remarked that he changed his releases to the weekends, because of his work schedule. Perhaps real life, like an increased work load, has impacted development.

I hope I am just being paranoid, but it's not like Viit to miss the regular progress reports.
Yeah, let's hope. He has been really reliable on update posts up to this point.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress report

Hi

Sorry for being quiet for the last couple of weeks. I got very busy with some real life stuff, and doing these posts just slipped my mind.

But the good news is that the update is getting along well. Everything will be ready next weekend. We'll see what Cathy's mom things about our mc's work :p

Viit

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
God it took me until about the first time an image glitch happened before it dawned on me

"My God, this game feels like Rebirth in a way.... it has to have something to do with ptolemy, did he help with this?".

Then I saw it was Viitgames that made this.... sigh....
There are just fingerprints that some people put on their works and you can just tell....

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
God it took me until about the first time an image glitch happened before it dawned on me

"My God, this game feels like Rebirth in a way.... it has to have something to do with ptolemy, did he help with this?".

Then I saw it was Viitgames that made this.... sigh....
There are just fingerprints that some people put on their works and you can just tell....
There are other elements for sure, but for me one of the really big indicators is the sex scene pattern. Invariably, it's something along these lines:
  1. Line of dialogue indicating it's about to happen. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  2. Pause, often (always?) followed by a fade out.
  3. Start an animation. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  4. Show a still image with a line of description or dialogue. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  5. Pause, with another (possible) fade out.
  6. Show the same animation, but with double speed. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  7. Rinse and repeat until the sex scene is over or switches to a new position / act, then go through the same pattern again.
When I see those telltale signs, I know exactly who created the game, even if I didn't before. This type of pattern every single time is serviceable, but it's not great in terms of quality of the scenes.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
There are other elements for sure, but for me one of the really big indicators is the sex scene pattern. Invariably, it's something along these lines:
  1. Line of dialogue indicating it's about to happen. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  2. Pause, often (always?) followed by a fade out.
  3. Start an animation. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  4. Show a still image with a line of description or dialogue. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  5. Pause, with another (possible) fade out.
  6. Show the same animation, but with double speed. (player clicks / rolls forward)
  7. Rinse and repeat until the sex scene is over or switches to a new position / act, then go through the same pattern again.
When I see those telltale signs, I know exactly who created the game, even if I didn't before. This type of pattern every single time is serviceable, but it's not great in terms of quality of the scenes.
To be fair, DanielsK's scenes are very similar that way, but yeah.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
To be fair, DanielsK's scenes are very similar that way, but yeah.
Ah, I don't remember his TBH. I haven't played one of his games since Pine Falls. I kind of lost interest after that game. I might continue the series at some point, but I've not been especially motived to do so. I'll take your word for it about the similarity in scenes.

3.20 star(s) 31 Votes