Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Reminder, when you click on a tag to search for a game with that tag, are you looking for a game with that content in it or are you looking for a game with that content planned for it? We know what the answer is- When you search by tag, you are looking for games WITH THAT CONTENT IN IT.

I haven't played the game at all and I don't know anyone who has played it so I can't tell you what content is in it. I don't make those calls without firsthand knowledge. For that reason, I haven't changed the tags.

There's no rule against stating planned fetishes or content in the OP. You can say "I will include NTR in future releases" Which is stated in the OP, by the way. And if there isn't any NTR content at the moment, that's fine. Don't tag it then. When they download it, let's hope they read the OP. If there are complaints over content missing or not tagged, just explain.. "I said in the OP that NTR content is planned but the tags state it's not in the game right now because tags only reflect current content. It's your fault for NOT reading the OP or the General Rules thread."

@Darting run @DarthSeduction @Walter Victor - How about you 3 agree to disagree? We don't need to derail the thread any more.

Reactions: Darting run

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Also, dafuq is A tragic NTR tale?
I didn't notice this before. The more apt question is "dafuq is a non-tragic NTR tale?"

@DarthSeduction can you please confirm for me what tags represent the content that is currently in the version of the game posted in the OP right now? That's what we want in both the genre spoiler, and the tags. As content is added, we'll update these.
Reminder, when you click on a tag to search for a game with that tag, are you looking for a game with that content in it or are you looking for a game with that content planned for it? We know what the answer is- When you search by tag, you are looking for games WITH THAT CONTENT IN IT.

I haven't played the game at all and I don't know anyone who has played it so I can't tell you what content is in it. I don't make those calls without firsthand knowledge. For that reason, I haven't changed the tags.

There's no rule against stating planned fetishes or content in the OP. You can say "I will include NTR in future releases" Which is stated in the OP, by the way. And if there isn't any NTR content at the moment, that's fine. Don't tag it then. When they download it, let's hope they read the OP. If there are complaints over content missing or not tagged, just explain.. "I said in the OP that NTR content is planned but the tags state it's not in the game right now because tags only reflect current content. It's your fault for NOT reading the OP or the General Rules thread."

@Darting run @DarthSeduction @Walter Victor - How about you 3 agree to disagree? We don't need to derail the thread any more.
removed anything not currently in the game from Genre.

Reactions: bas and mesoru

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
@nerd, @muttdoggy I'm sorry, but I believe that policy to be totally screwed up. As I posted before, I don't want to waste man-days playing a game, only to have the developer spring a fetish on me that causes me to drop the game. I want to know what the developer has planned before I waste my time playing it. Nor do I care (or even want) everything he has planned to show up in an introductory demo. Frankly, I find it hard to believe that anyone doesn't want to know what the developer has planned in the line of fetishes, as well as the general direction of the game.

Of course, it is different for someone just coming upon a game that is in Release v0.57. But, there has to a different policy for a demo.

I do apologize to @Darting run for implying that he might be a troll. That was too dangerously close to an ad hominem attack, something that has no place in this forum.

@DarthSeduction Thanks for the tip about ep1.rpy and ep1.rpyc. I tried that and it worked perfectly.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I know that the rape focused all the attention but mine is for the dragon's fight report, there isn't critical skill success in D&D and Pathfinder, I suppose the game must be one of these, so Alexander's Pg couldn't be able to flirt with the dragon.
Have you never played with the house rule of a +10 minimum on a 20 roll for a skill check? I mean it's a pretty common one.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

CatEclctic41

Jan 28, 2018
You play both characters and later in the game there is both a male and a female romantic rival, each character will have opportunities with both that could lead to a scenario, if you so choose, wherein one character refuses to leave the twin, but can't stop indulging in the pleasures of the romantic rival, creating the NTR scenario.
Thx for the information

frozted

Jan 28, 2018
I played the demo, interesting start and I look forward to seeing where this goes. No issues with the patch on my side.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@nerd, @muttdoggy I'm sorry, but I believe that policy to be totally screwed up. As I posted before, I don't want to waste man-days playing a game, only to have the developer spring a fetish on me that causes me to drop the game. I want to know what the developer has planned before I waste my time playing it. Nor do I care (or even want) everything he has planned to show up in an introductory demo. Frankly, I find it hard to believe that anyone doesn't want to know what the developer has planned in the line of fetishes, as well as the general direction of the game.

Of course, it is different for someone just coming upon a game that is in Release v0.57. But, there has to a different policy for a demo.
I can appreciate your perspective, but it creates more problems than it solves. No one wants to download a game (sometimes multiple GB on a metered connection) to find that most/all the content in the tags they were interested in is "not yet implemented". It comes across to some as false-advertising. Not all game developers have their game content mapped out when the start a project; they may decide to add/drop a particular fetish based on results of a previous month's Patreon poll, for example.

Developers are free to add "planned" or "future" game content in the OP, but I'd never put much stock in this personally.

FYI -

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I wasn't getting personal you mean sauce!:'( I still love you though:happyblush

Reactions: bas

Agent6969

Oct 15, 2018
You play both characters and later in the game there is both a male and a female romantic rival, each character will have opportunities with both that could lead to a scenario, if you so choose, wherein one character refuses to leave the twin, but can't stop indulging in the pleasures of the romantic rival, creating the NTR scenario.

No, it's a first release. Hence the title stating it's ch. 1 and the changelog saying initial release. It's not my fault you misunderstood. There is not a single tag in that list that isn't planned in this game.

There is a gay rape scene, and a fun D&D adventure that includes allusions to gay sex, but aside from the rape, yes, you can choose to play Alexander as only pursuing female characters.

How many people are actually having this issue? I haven't been able to duplicate it.

This would imply more than one person, but I'd still like to know what you guys are doing to cause it.

Here, also added it to OP
Hi i did just unpack the game and move the patch to game folder and start game then i get the error

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I can appreciate your perspective, but it creates more problems than it solves. No one wants to download a game (sometimes multiple GB on a metered connection) to find that most/all the content in the tags they were interested in is "not yet implemented". It comes across to some as false-advertising. Not all game developers have their game content mapped out when the start a project; they may decide to add/drop a particular fetish based on results of a previous month's Patreon poll, for example.

Developers are free to add "planned" or "future" game content in the OP, but I'd never put much stock in this personally.

FYI -
Yes, I completely understand that, and even mentioned that issue in my post. But this was NOT a multiple-GB download.

As to whether anyone should take stock in what a developer says he plans to do, that would completely depend on the reputation of the developer. When a trusted developer puts out a new game, players flock to the thread to download the game. Others, who have abandoned their games or have produced poorly received games, are justifiably treated with skepticism.

At any rate, I am obviously getting nowhere with my arguments. So I will cede the field to my worthy opponents. I genuinely dislike arguing on the internet.

Reactions: bas

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
My goodness... I remember seeing this game on the "lesbian" tag list and thought... "hey it's the Seraphim Academy dev!"

I wondered why it disappeared from the list. One search and a look through the comments later, I'm so glad I skipped the download.

I do hope this isn't an indication over how Seraphim Academy will go, because I was thinking of supporting it sometime in the future.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
My goodness... I remember seeing this game on the "lesbian" tag list and thought... "hey it's the Seraphim Academy dev!"

I wondered why it disappeared from the list. One search and a look through the comments later, I'm so glad I skipped the download.

I do hope this isn't an indication over how Seraphim Academy will go, because I was thinking of supporting it sometime in the future.
Hey Olivia, the lesbian content that will be in this will come a bit later in the development. It's not the same as Seraphim where it makes up the majority of the focus. That said, as the story moves forward, if someone wants Alexis to be a lesbian, they're free to decline any of the sexual content leading to the introduction of the female rival. It does mean a lot less content though.

Seraphim really is nothing like this, completely different thought processes behind them.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Pardon, I skimmed thru all 8 pages and didn't see a Mega link for the game OR the patch, maybe I missed it but if not, would it be possible to get a Mega link for the game & patch pretty please with sauce on top?

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
Pardon, I skimmed thru all 8 pages and didn't see a Mega link for the game OR the patch, maybe I missed it but if not, would it be possible to get a Mega link for the game & patch pretty please with sauce on top?
PC Link

Mac Link

Patch

Reactions: SumTingWong0420

fey-arts

Mar 13, 2017
I should have read the genre first... I just look at the screenshot and started to play the game... the intro... I hope that is the only "gay" thing in the game.

Reactions: ive_got-problems
4.00 star(s) 18 Votes