Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I've just finished this game, and I think that it has a real outside the box story. I believe that if the Dev keeps to his plan for making fetishes optional, this is going to be an awesome game.....worthy of song and Uhm thread posts Lol!!

I would like to offer an observation though.
Honestly speaking the rape scene (while is needed for the story) is kind of off, as far as rape goes. For one thing if Frank/Dad put his cock inside Alexander's mouth to keep him from waking up the house, then it would stand to reason that all that was needed was Alexander biting down hard on his cock. Thus causing Dad to scream out and wake up the entire household, and since he doesn't have his gun on, there would be no way to get the boy off of him.
When the others come into the room, that's when Alexander could finish off, by completely removing Daddies cock.

I think it would have made a better scene if Dad butt rapes him instead. That way Alexander is on his stomach and cannot fight off his Dad, and dad can either half bury Alexander's face into the pillow to keep him quiet or use a strangle hold to his voice box.
This would keep him quiet as the Dad roughly invades his poopshoot.
(hey, don't judge.....just about every game thread here has someone crying for anal content, and this would get that fetish out of the way early)
I don't like the anal fetish myself, and it would give a more rape feel to it.

Aside from the beginning, I too am going to be very close to Alexis and Mom if the game allows.
I say this game, so far, is very well done and I think it's going to end up being a top tier game.....My hat is off to the Dev on this one, keep up the excellent job Brother!!………………………...Peace!!
Well, in some sick way the dad "loves" his son, so he doesn't want to hurt him (of course he seem clueless how it indeed does hurt him in many ways, but I guess the dad only knows of physical pain). Plus your initial reaction is to open your mouth to breathe when you're choking, and Alexander was chocking on the dick, he's not gonna close his mouth and bite the dick off when reflex tells him to open the mouth and breathe. And I think forced face-fucking while sleeping was "good" enough of a rape content, really don't need even worse kind of a rape to make the point across and to trigger the story, that would be even harder for viewers to digest.

But I agree that this story, if it continues on its current path and you really can partake or avoid certain content(s) and fetishes and really do control both of the MCs, this can and will be an amazing story, I'm already a fan of this one, I nearly didn't give it a try because of hearing about the scene at the beginning, it made me hesitant, but I'm really glad that gave it a try anyway, would've missed out on a great story :)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
How many people are actually having this issue? I haven't been able to duplicate it.

This would imply more than one person, but I'd still like to know what you guys are doing to cause it.
I received duplicate definition errors when I used the incest patch and applied UnRen for the Developer Menu.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
then it would stand to reason that all that was needed was Alexander biting down hard on his cock. Thus causing Dad to scream out and wake up the entire household, and since he doesn't have his gun on, there would be no way to get the boy off of him.
When the others come into the room, that's when Alexander could finish off, by completely removing Daddies cock.
Your mistake is thinking that people respond to being molested in a reasonable way. Many victims freeze. And in fact, that they freeze is exactly why they survive the encounter. If they fight, they give the rapist a reason to stop them, sometimes fatally, if they flee the same thing happens, and if they aren't fast enough... Just because he screamed when he realized what what happening doesn't mean he'd have the presence of mind to save himself.

Also, as I allude to later, he's been primed for this. This is the first time he's gone this far, but as Alexis mentions in the montage, something had been off for a while. Repeated abuse tends to work very different from initial abuse. People will hesitate, their belief in the "good" in their abuser ends up getting them hurt. A great example of this being shown in film happens in the movie Chronicle. The Protagonist, a boy slowly losing his humanity as his psychic powers grow and the abuse he's suffered continues, is faced with his father in a violent rage. The boy could rip his father in half with his mind, but he still doesn't because he wants to believe his father won't hit him this time.

I received duplicate definition errors when I used the incest patch and applied UnRen for the Developer Menu.
Technically, You don't need the script or episode rpy files even if you UnRen to get the developer console. You could solve this simply by deleting those.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
@DarthSeduction
I want to thank you for your quick response Brother, and iterating your mindset for the opening scene.
I agree rape/abuse reactions would be different for different people, and you raised a very good point that the boy (however he views the abuse) still loves the father enough not to fight back.

I believe though, as a jumpstart to your game, had a damn good shock and awe affect, this is going to be an awesome story.....just a feeling!!
I love the fact that you're taking the time to respond to us, and as far as the story goes, for a demo/first, it's very enthralling and take it as a good thing...…..when I say that it wasn't long enough...Lol!!

Your awesome!! It's going to be a long month now......if that's the your time frame...…………….Peace!!

Ray1021

Sep 18, 2017
Dark beginning but I liked the set up for the game. The twins names are to much a like. I would like to see them get nick names to make telling them apart easier. Or maybe Blue text and Red text for boy girl.

Portapizza

Jul 14, 2017
I know that the rape focused all the attention but mine is for the dragon's fight report, there isn't critical skill success in D&D and Pathfinder, I suppose the game must be one of these, so Alexander's Pg couldn't be able to flirt with the dragon.

Darting run

Jan 11, 2018
No, it's a first release. Hence the title stating it's ch. 1 and the changelog saying initial release. It's not my fault you misunderstood. There is not a single tag in that list that isn't planned in this game.
I look for the tags to check if the content is already there. I cannot care less if u plan to make it in future, and what u did here is spamming to get unfair advantage over other honest devs.

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
I was impressed by the beginning, the twins really have a very close relationship and they love each other very much, I want to see how the NTR will develop, Alexander is dependent on Alexis (besides being a victim with traumas of parental abuse) I think the NTR can be awesome (and dark in a certain way for Alexander). It would be shocking if a romantic rival corrupted one of the twins and distanced him from his twin, or even abuse a twin in front of the other twin (maybe the twin who observes decide how to act). Although I understand that at the moment it is better to explore a little more the relationship of these Lannister... I mean twins

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017

Overview:
The Things We Do For Love is a romance story that follows the characters Alexander and Alexis after the two of them are brought closer together after a traumatic experience. It will be up to you, the player, to decide how both Alexander and Alexis respond to this new closeness, whether they resist temptation or are driven by it, whether they give in to their personal fears and demons or triumph over them. You will be in control of both characters, which has the potential to lead to some interesting situations, as you can have one resisting while the other does not. Will this be a comedic and fun coupling? A tragic NTR tale? Or something more dramatic but also rewarding? It's up to you.

Updated: 10/23/2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: none
Version: Chapter 1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

PC/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -

View attachment 166856 View attachment 166859 View attachment 166858 View attachment 166857 View attachment 166860 View attachment 166861
Looks like a Visual Novel and therefore needs the Visual Novel tag on the thread.

Rimmer

May 27, 2017
You play both characters and later in the game there is both a male and a female romantic rival, each character will have opportunities with both that could lead to a scenario, if you so choose, wherein one character refuses to leave the twin, but can't stop indulging in the pleasures of the romantic rival, creating the NTR scenario.

No, it's a first release. Hence the title stating it's ch. 1 and the changelog saying initial release. It's not my fault you misunderstood. There is not a single tag in that list that isn't planned in this game.

There is a gay rape scene, and a fun D&D adventure that includes allusions to gay sex, but aside from the rape, yes, you can choose to play Alexander as only pursuing female characters.
I'm not positive, but I think there is a rule that only tags that are actually in the game should be added, maybe a mod can enlighten us?

Reactions: Darting run

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Can you pursue other girls/guys with the female MC?
I'd rather not have her indulge in incest with the brother.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Looks like a Visual Novel and therefore needs the Visual Novel tag on the thread.
I agree. Unless some extreme changes in the gui are introduced in a future release, this doesn't look anything like a sandbox game.

I look for the tags to check if the content is already there. I cannot care less if u plan to make it in future, and what u did here is spamming to get unfair advantage over other honest devs.
Do you seriously expect every tag to be implemented in the first release of a game. Especially a release that is mostly a demo? That is completely unrealistic. Show me the game where 'anal' was implemented in such a release.

I believe the tags are meant to indicate what the developer plans to put into the game. Thus, if someone hates 'incest', he won't be surprised when the MC bangs his daughter in Episode 7.

I know I hate it when I get invested in a game and something is introduced that causes me to abandon the game. All that time wasted when I could be playing a game that has what I want in it, not something that turns me off.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok, but then you guys can't complain when all of the sudden flame wars start because a game that didn't have NTR all of the sudden has NTR.
That's when you ask to have the tag added to the game. Ofc we'd have to play it, check and see. Cuz mommy fucking daddy isn't NTR. We have the tags defined and as long as the game content matches the tag, it will be added.
We don't do "future tags" because in the past, it's lead to very very severe flame wars, off topic rants that lasted for days/weeks, etc. So reminder, only tags that are in the game.
If you don't like it, don't play it.

Darting run

Jan 11, 2018
Do you seriously expect every tag to be implemented in the first release of a game. Especially a release that is mostly a demo? That is completely unrealistic. Show me the game where 'anal' was implemented in such a release.
Don't beat around the bush. If the current release don't have such content, why do u have it in the tags? It's up to devs to decide their story, so anything can happen in early releases: oral, gay, vaginal sex, even harem (Milfy city)...

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
That's when you ask to have the tag added to the game. Ofc we'd have to play it, check and see. Cuz mommy fucking daddy isn't NTR. We have the tags defined and as long as the game content matches the tag, it will be added.
We don't do "future tags" because in the past, it's lead to very very severe flame wars, off topic rants that lasted for days/weeks, etc. So reminder, only tags that are in the game.
If you don't like it, don't play it.
Well, if you guys want to remove them, go for it, N7 added what I listed under Genre, I can't change them.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Don't beat around the bush. If the current release don't have such content, why do u have it in the tags? It's up to devs to decide their story, so anything can happen in early releases: oral, gay, vaginal sex, even harem (Milfy city)...
I have already answered this question. It's because he INTENDS to place it in the game, either immediately or in future releases. I notice you don't attempt to refute that response.

I also notice you said 'early releaseS'. There have been no 'releaseS' of this game. Only one release, an intro to the actual game.

You are really reaching to justify your original position, which is pretty much indefensible. If you weren't a troll at the start of your posts, you are rapidly beginning to turn into one.

Jun 9, 2017
Was interested in the rape tag, but not a fan of gay content (unless there are traps involved). Still, it is important to the story, there's no point in removing it. But maybe a skip function would be good for the squeamish ones?
Also, dafuq is A tragic NTR tale? are you trying to pull a Berserk here? well written stuff? dunno if i should be hyped or skeptical, cause it's been a long time i've seen such thing. :RarePepe:
Anyway, i already liked the characters not being self insert devices and the incest not being some rushed shit. The script gets chill too fast after the shocking first minutes imo, but at least you're doing well enough with characters writing and by playing with teasing and fantasies first. That said, it looks promising, but i'll probably skip a few updates to get a clearer picture of how different the paths will be on story and erotic sides, and because a lot of tags are not in the game yet...
I also found a new addition to my "rape faces" folder:
Seriously, who does this face during a family banter? XD
Rape facesx'Dx'Dx'Dx'D.

I am keeping that as my avatar now.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@DarthSeduction can you please confirm for me what tags represent the content that is currently in the version of the game posted in the OP right now? That's what we want in both the genre spoiler, and the tags. As content is added, we'll update these.

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes