c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
I'll probably update this as I play maybe.

But the main menu is a little.. annoying..
View attachment 1944936
They should go from left to right honestly, just makes it look neater. Also when you hover over one of the options, it makes a sound and flashes to the girl.. But if you hover between 2 of them, it freaks out and rapidly swaps between the 2 girls every millisecond. With sound and flash.
I will take into account your suggestion and for the next update I will change the order and size of the buttons... thank you very much :love:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Seriously, thank you very much... I was very nervous about having bad reviews... but now talking to you and the others motivated me a lot to continue with my novel...

I will take into account what you tell me and I will thank you very much if you support me on my patreon...:love:

Haha... and about your other comment... you can't even imagine how young women are now... they are very daring. :oops:
there is no need to be nervous at all.

Every developer started at some point, and no one has been perfect right from the scratch so far (not even the top-dog developers)

There is just a HUGE difference whether a game got good basics where constructive critics can be based on - compared to crap games, which are just so worse, that every try to fix issues will make the game more broken.
You need a good foundation to built on - and your game is solid.
Everyone who knows me, also knows that i don't hesitate to trash-bash games whenever they are worse. But i am also honest whenever i like a game.
Your game is definitive within the second.
Just keep on going - listen to people, but take care not to easy try to please all - trying to fullfill every kink, even for the smallest groups never worked out so far - in neither game.
Reality has shown multiple times, that whenever you please one group, you will also upset 2-3 others. So live YOUR way, listen to people who are with you by that and do your vision - just ignore all others - better disappoint a few rather than upset many (except that niche would be exactly what you intended right from the beginning).
Be truthful from the start - changing things during ongoing project will end badly - the ones who disliked your start will probably not notice the change as they skipped and got you on ignore, whilst the others, who liked your game because of what is has been so far, will be upset and disappointed because of the changes.

But again: imho you did well so far, and i am keen on getting more soon (just really hope, the sandbox will not destroy the fun) :love:

PS:
Sandbox can be ok whenever you just decide where to go and in what order to do different paths. Sandbox will ALWAYS suck, whenever you need to repeat scenes senseless to progress and whenever they even don't match together.
BAD example:
girl in school - bitching
girl solo - bitching (but you raise stats)
girl in school - bitching and reacting like nothing happened
... repeat that 10 times
then girl solo - she doesn't bitch anymore
girl in school - suddenly acts like she always loved you

got what i mean?
Sandbox always has a BIG risk of being inconsistent between different routes and stages. Just my humble opinion for a first game: avoid sandbox and just tell a story. Sandbox is REALLY hard to do well

• Red Heart
Reactions: c.Shadow

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I'll also try to make sandbox grinding necessary and fun... I'll explore that in more detail later.
I also thought that the animated renders at the beginning were very unnecessary... in the end my intention is that the player becomes fond of Ginn and wants to know more about her story, that is why I focused a lot on the beginning that was animated... But after that I'm going to remaster it to make it look more fluid since they were from my first renders and the truth is I'm not happy with how it turned out:(
Hmm... I'm wondering if you're actually misreading/misusing the word "necessary" here. It means that something is needed, or must be done, and it seems strange to respond to someone saying "I don't like sandbox grinding" with "I'll try to make sandbox grinding necessary". Perhaps you were thinking it means "high quality" or something? When I said that certain animations were "unnecessary", I wasn't saying they weren't good enough, I was actually saying that there isn't a good reason for them to be there at all. (For example, when a character is just sitting in class and the narrator is telling us who they are, there's no reason to make an animation of them sitting there.) Making them more fluid doesn't help with that, and would actually make it more distracting for me in particular, and I would be more comfortable having the option to have static images in their place.

I tried to give the characters their default name in case the player didn't want to put them on but the code didn't come out... now I really need help on that part.
I don't know the right way to code that, but someone else can probably tell you pretty easily. But in the meantime, you can just have the game tell us what their name should be. For example, "Enter your stepdaughter's name. (Default name: Sugartits)" And for now, maybe tell us in the thread what they were meant to be.

• Red Heart

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
is this cheating avoidable, also is there a harem in here somewhere?
So far, it's only the protagonist "cheating" on his wife by kissing and groping a girl, which sets off the game's plot. What follows from there is his attempt to fix things, which I believe the dev confirmed will eventually lead to a harem.

• Red Heart

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Anyone having problems extracting the archive.rpa with unren?
go get the newest UnRen version - maybe it will help (not sure)
For whatever reason some developer starting games right now, use the new (BETA) RenPy version which is unfortunately not compatible to common UnRen or URM-Mod (x52 has already a new version out which is compatible).
This new RenPy version is in BETA state and ABSOLUTELY NOT MEANT for being used right now.
For whatever reason, some people still think "everything new is better" and "the highest version is best to use"

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
there is no need to be nervous at all.

Every developer started at some point, and no one has been perfect right from the scratch so far (not even the top-dog developers)

There is just a HUGE difference whether a game got good basics where constructive critics can be based on - compared to crap games, which are just so worse, that every try to fix issues will make the game more broken.
You need a good foundation to built on - and your game is solid.
Everyone who knows me, also knows that i don't hesitate to trash-bash games whenever they are worse. But i am also honest whenever i like a game.
Your game is definitive within the second.
Just keep on going - listen to people, but take care not to easy try to please all - trying to fullfill every kink, even for the smallest groups never worked out so far - in neither game.
Reality has shown multiple times, that whenever you please one group, you will also upset 2-3 others. So live YOUR way, listen to people who are with you by that and do your vision - just ignore all others - better disappoint a few rather than upset many (except that niche would be exactly what you intended right from the beginning).
Be truthful from the start - changing things during ongoing project will end badly - the ones who disliked your start will probably not notice the change as they skipped and got you on ignore, whilst the others, who liked your game because of what is has been so far, will be upset and disappointed because of the changes.

But again: imho you did well so far, and i am keen on getting more soon (just really hope, the sandbox will not destroy the fun) :love:

PS:
Sandbox can be ok whenever you just decide where to go and in what order to do different paths. Sandbox will ALWAYS suck, whenever you need to repeat scenes senseless to progress and whenever they even don't match together.
BAD example:
girl in school - bitching
... repeat that 10 times
then girl solo - she doesn't bitch anymore
girl in school - suddenly acts like she always loved you

got what i mean?
Sandbox always has a BIG risk of being inconsistent between different routes and stages. Just my humble opinion for a first game: avoid sandbox and just tell a story. Sandbox is REALLY hard to do well
WoW..... You left me speechless, I'm glad you liked it and I appreciate all the advice you're giving me...:love:

I'll try to make sandox not boring... I can't promise you that it won't be repetitive since the intention is as you just explained to me...
"you go with x girl, you show her something, her stats go up later, you can corrupt her" ... I'll look for something like that in my game :(

so I'm very sorry if that part bores you, but more than anything I add it because I personally really like being able to explore a map and repeat events with the characters.

And I will try to find a way so that the grinding is not so boring but necessary for the events of the game.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
WoW..... You left me speechless, I'm glad you liked it and I appreciate all the advice you're giving me...:love:

I'll try to make sandox not boring... I can't promise you that it won't be repetitive since the intention is as you just explained to me...
"you go with x girl, you show her something, her stats go up later, you can corrupt her" ... I'll look for something like that in my game :(

so I'm very sorry if that part bores you, but more than anything I add it because I personally really like being able to explore a map and repeat events with the characters.

And I will try to find a way so that the grinding is not so boring but necessary for the events of the game.
just always remember:
YOU as the developer - you know each part of the game and you know the locations and what's in your mind.
The player doesn't know and probably running around, searching for the next trigger event - that's what's boring and annoying.
So even with the best intentions - sandbox EASY turns into a boring grind.
If you repeat scenes, and they turn out to be slightly different every time, it will maybe work.
Just repeating EXACTLY the same stuff over and over again will end annoying, boring and be a massive turn-off (imho)

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
Hmm... I'm wondering if you're actually misreading/misusing the word "necessary" here. It means that something is needed, or must be done, and it seems strange to respond to someone saying "I don't like sandbox grinding" with "I'll try to make sandbox grinding necessary". Perhaps you were thinking it means "high quality" or something? When I said that certain animations were "unnecessary", I wasn't saying they weren't good enough, I was actually saying that there isn't a good reason for them to be there at all. (For example, when a character is just sitting in class and the narrator is telling us who they are, there's no reason to make an animation of them sitting there.) Making them more fluid doesn't help with that, and would actually make it more distracting for me in particular, and I would be more comfortable having the option to have static images in their place.

I don't know the right way to code that, but someone else can probably tell you pretty easily. But in the meantime, you can just have the game tell us what their name should be. For example, "Enter your stepdaughter's name. (Default name: Sugartits)" And for now, maybe tell us in the thread what they were meant to be.
Maybe you're right and I misunderstood what the other person was telling me about the sandbox....

But going back to the animations... you're right that I should minimize the animations and only use them when it's due... I'm not saying it so much because you don't like it very much, but more than anything to lower the GB weight of the game ....

Personally I would like my game to be mostly animated but I think I will do that when I learn to work in unity or unreal.

And I'm going to try what you tell me about putting the predefined name to certain characters.... I think you're right as you explain it to me... I already have my list of things to redo

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
if by cheating you mean the MC's LI then so far yes. although one LI has a dark fantasy. as for Harem seems like its going that way.
Yes, she is going to do a harem but not so much for the romantic side... but rather for corruption... I also want to specify for that part.

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
NTR & femdom planned ?? (I hope not)
I'm sorry to tell you that if FemDom is planned... on the one hand it will be because of the dark perversions that the wife has and on the other, a character that I hope nobody expects....

I don't know if it's going to count as NTR... Rather I want to introduce the issue of prostitution...

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
So far, it's only the protagonist "cheating" on his wife by kissing and groping a girl, which sets off the game's plot. What follows from there is his attempt to fix things, which I believe the dev confirmed will eventually lead to a harem.
You have a good idea how it goes :whistle:

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes