PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Anyone able to offer some advice or assistance? Trying to launch this new version I downloaded (48). This happened on the last version i tried too (46). So I think this is just a mac thing I guess. My old version (44) still opens fine as always.

But the new versions will just bounce in the dock for a bit and then stop and nothing opens. When I right click on it in the dock after it stops bouncing, it says Application Not Responding. Anyone ever encounter something like this before?
Try this: open up the app (right click, show package contents) and go to /Contents/MacOS. The file there that should be a Unix executable (it's called TheTwist048MAC). Double click it. It should start the Terminal which in it's turn should start the game. If not, tell us what happens.

Reactions: Paradox101

BDI

May 23, 2017
That has literally nothing to do with a crack that allows you to save the game at all.

Also, try using the search function the next time you're in that thread. There's been some idiot told more than a few times where saves go (including step-by-step)
I was not taking asbout a crack that saves the game, I'm talking abut the crack for this game that takes you directly to the save folder instead of the convoluted way that Glamour uses.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
I was not taking asbout a crack that saves the game, I'm talking abut the crack for this game that takes you directly to the save folder instead of the convoluted way that Glamour uses.
That's totally how crack works on a computer :rolleyes: Shame on Snugglepuff for not knowing that. Coincidently maybe you should go easy on the crack.

still no v0.49 plans.
v0.48 is only a few weeks old and you want updates on v.049?. You do realise the game is technically completed right?

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

Paradox101

May 12, 2018
Try this: open up the app (right click, show package contents) and go to /Contents/MacOS. The file there that should be a Unix executable (it's called TheTwist048MAC). Double click it. It should start the Terminal which in it's turn should start the game. If not, tell us what happens.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and funny enough I immediately got the pop up saying it can't be opened and I needed to go into system preferences and allow the app to be trusted (which is the norm of course) but after I selected open anyway in settings it just bounced in the dock again and did nothing like before. I force quit it and tried this way again but now on the terminal it does some stuff and at the end this is what it says:

"TheTwist048MAC.app/Contents/MacOS/TheTwist048MAC ;
exit;
CrashReporter: initialized
Failed to locate data folder
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]"

There's a problem right? Seems like something is wrong. What data folding could it be talking about?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and funny enough I immediately got the pop up saying it can't be opened and I needed to go into system preferences and allow the app to be trusted (which is the norm of course) but after I selected open anyway in settings it just bounced in the dock again and did nothing like before. I force quit it and tried this way again but now on the terminal it does some stuff and at the end this is what it says:

exit;
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]"

There's a problem right? Seems like something is wrong. What data folding could it be talking about?
Either use chmod +x or permission fixer (https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/post-1492564).

Reactions: zaxrider29

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
:FacePalm:
The crack for this game doesn't do anything remotely like that. No game crack does.
This one is a modified file that makes the game think that it's connected to a Patreon account, that allows users to make manual saves.

Reactions: john1230

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019

exit;
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]"

There's a Data folder inside the app.

TheTwist.jpg

BDI

May 23, 2017
:FacePalm:
The crack for this game doesn't do anything remotely like that. No game crack does.
This one is a modified file that makes the game think that it's connected to a Patreon account, that allows users to make manual saves.
Thank you for your reply and it works very well.

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
I've done it over 900 steps, I finished the walkthrough. While I did like the game I really wanted to finish it out of principle, I did too many steps not to finish all the steps and now I did (all the current steps). I'm making this sound like it's something to be proud of, it isn't I should be ashamed of myself but I'm not. I guess it just be like that.

So anyone who wants to play it if you like a lot of content then this game has a lot of fucking content, probably in the top 5 of most content on this site if not the most so go for it.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Hi any guide on how to increase energy? I cant make anyone cum except me cumming
There's a link to the full walkthrough on the first page. :FacePalm:

Quick recap:

Wake up at night and watch TV
Sniff Janice's panties
Kelly will give you a energy pill
Shady guy will sell you a energy pill
Emma will boost your energy.

Follow the walkthrough.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Thank you for your reply and it works very well.
Go to the save folder and then right click on it

Send to

Desktop (create shortcut)

Copy the shortcut on the desktop to your game folder and when you want to go to the save folder, double click on the shortcut to get there quickly!

BDI

May 23, 2017
Go to the save folder and then right click on it

Send to

Desktop (create shortcut)

Copy the shortcut on the desktop to your game folder and when you want to go to the save folder, double click on the shortcut to get there quickly!
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Paradox101

May 12, 2018
I tried the permission fixer. On the terminal, it says this at the end of it:

/TheTwist048MAC.app: Permission denied
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

After this, the app no longer just bounces in the dock and does nothing when i try to open it. After this, when i try to open the app, I immediately get a finder pop up saying "The application "TheTwist048MAC" can't be opened." Permission denied means it wasn't successful right? I don't get an option in Security & Privacy to allow or trust the app like usual (I've already allowed this one after unzipping anyway).

Then I tried typing "chmod a+x " in the terminal and dragging the app and hitting return. After this the app will bounce a few times in the dock then disappear and nothing. Is this for sure a permissions issue you think?

I'm really ignorant with this kind of thing and at a loss. I suppose I will try redownloading, but mega always takes hour long pauses due to reaching my limit or something and with my spotty internet it's going to take a long while again.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I tried the permission fixer. On the terminal, it says this at the end of it:

/TheTwist048MAC.app: Permission denied
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

After this, the app no longer just bounces in the dock and does nothing when i try to open it. After this, when i try to open the app, I immediately get a finder pop up saying "The application "TheTwist048MAC" can't be opened." Permission denied means it wasn't successful right? I don't get an option in Security & Privacy to allow or trust the app like usual (I've already allowed this one after unzipping anyway).

Then I tried typing "chmod a+x " in the terminal and dragging the app and hitting return. After this the app will bounce a few times in the dock then disappear and nothing. Is this for sure a permissions issue you think?

I'm really ignorant with this kind of thing and at a loss. I suppose I will try redownloading, but mega always takes hour long pauses due to reaching my limit or something and with my spotty internet it's going to take a long while again.
Several things:

The app may be quarantined by Gatekeeper. To check this type "xattr " in Terminal (without the quotes) and drag the app. Hit return. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the output, the app is quarantined. If so, remove the quarantine with "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and dragging the app again.

Using chmod a+x on the app itself won't do much. It are the components inside that might be the problem. So you would need chmod -R a+x on the app to modify all contents.

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So you would need chmod -R a+x on the app to modify all contents
Paradox101 Keep in mind that "chmod -R a+x game.app" will give execution rights for every user and for every single file inside game.app. ;)

3.40 star(s) 160 Votes