jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Sad to see it go. It will be missed. Here are some thoughts on it.

Pros;
Great game story, both in length and content
Dev concurrently devised a walk through along side development, wasn't an afterthought. I think this was the only way the developer could follow the multiple layered triggers in the game.
Story progression keep the perceived grind to nearly unnoticeable until latter in game, exemplar feat in a game of this type.
Possible one of the best and earliest examples of what and how 3d could be implemented in game of this sort.

Cons;
The engine had flaws, double frames and content images overlaying on some event calls plagued it from the start.
inventory system overall really needed an overhaul (when, what and sometimes how to use an item was never as straight forward and logical), as the story was revealed to player.
The saving system, both auto (was hit or miss when you sleep) and manual (only saving at application exit, is almost draconian) implementation was terrible.
Blocky character design can be seen when camera was in free roam, until around of v0.37-v0.40
Jerky character movement when camera was in free roam, until around of v0.37-v0.40.
Some actions in the game could supersede the story and then break it when needed calls are made to that superseded event, currently can still occur as of v0.49
Dad event of showing up every so often would just fuck the flow you have going in game, sometimes breaking event trigger chances from occurring even after he has left, currently can still occur as of v0.50-Beta1

Other thoughts;
The growth potential would be out of this world if remade on a more modern updated 3D engine (cryengine, Open 3D Engine, unreal engine).
Inventory; I would have liked more player interaction between items and MC and NPC's like
using the screw driver to break the lock,
actively making the drinks for the NPC's,
Mowing the backyard of neighbor, just to name a few.
Modding community didn't seem to pick up on the popularity until latter versions.

FgtRtd

Jun 30, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a scene in prior versions that included Billy fucking Rachel? Is that no longer in-game?

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe seaside will be comes often
Hopefully. What I've played of Seaside Mystery in its current build, it has huge potential over twist. So if focus can shift to that to give it regular updates then I'm all for it. The customization in SSM coupled with the devs tendency to add a done of variety in outfits and such will at the very least keep the NPCs spicy enough. Thankfully he's learned a lot from Twist since SSM doesn't fall into the same issues he had before i.e. can't give Janice her new hair in older scenes.

primalhunt

May 29, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a scene in prior versions that included Billy fucking Rachel? Is that no longer in-game?
Billy fucks Rachel in the hospital, in Janice's bedroom in group sex with Jason, on the beach after the mom swap, at the pool party and in Billy's house in the bedroom

didn't seem to forget anything

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FgtRtd

Jun 30, 2020
Billy fucks Rachel in the hospital, in Janice's bedroom in group sex with Jason, on the beach after the mom swap, at the pool party and in Billy's house in the bedroom

didn't seem to forget anything

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks! I thought I was missing something browsing the guide. Have only made my way up to 0.41, will just be patient and take it all as it comes.

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
You running a game on the laptop and the graphics card heats up? who knew that could happeno_O
I'm always surprised when people say their laptops are overheating from playing this. I'm running this on a dingy laptop that's almost 10 years old now and I've never had heat issues with it. Loading issues yes, but not heat issues. Maybe they are using their integrated GPU instead of dedicated one. Although, I also run the game on lowest settings because I haven't noticed a difference between lowest and highest presets. Maybe there's something on high settings that makes stuff overheat but I wouldn't know. Then again, I also recently cleaned up my laptop and replaced the thermal paste and I've noticed a lot of people don't do that and then they wonder why their laptop's turned into a toaster.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 160 Votes