MinXe

Dec 19, 2020
I've always wondered why this game is so badly optimized. It's the only game I've played that runs very badly for a 2016 game :(
I understand the coding part, and Unity has its problems with the gpu if it's not handled properly. If I understood it better, I'd even try something
I hope that one day this game becomes a little more accessible, even if the dev is working on another project.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
I've always wondered why this game is so badly optimized. It's the only game I've played that runs very badly for a 2016 game :(
I understand the coding part, and Unity has its problems with the gpu if it's not handled properly. If I understood it better, I'd even try something
I hope that one day this game becomes a little more accessible, even if the dev is working on another project.
The game is slow because KST coded the scene changes to load all the assets that is available for that location every single time, and then just hide the assets that are not supposed to be there causing a scene change to eat up CPU and HDD resources.

This is the main reason for the long loading times so it can not be optimised without a full rewrite of the game code.

There's a cheat mod done by xorxorrax that speeds up the scene changing times if you are using a fairly newish processor (6th gen Intel processor and above) I play the game on a 4th gen i7 processor and it speeds it up a little, but since the processor is lacking newer instruction set found in later generations of the Intel processors range it's still slow.

Cheat mod 2 is currently the best one to use though it could use some updating to add later content unlocking, but it still works fine.

MinXe

Dec 19, 2020
The game is slow because KST coded the scene changes to load all the assets that is available for that location every single time, and then just hide the assets that are not supposed to be there causing a scene change to eat up CPU and HDD resources.

This is the main reason for the long loading times so it can not be optimised without a full rewrite of the game code.

There's a cheat mod done by xorxorrax that speeds up the scene changing times if you are using a fairly newish processor (6th gen Intel processor and above) I play the game on a 4th gen i7 processor and it speeds it up a little, but since the processor is lacking newer instruction set found in later generations of the Intel processors range it's still slow.

Cheat mod 2 is currently the best one to use though it could use some updating to add later content unlocking, but it still works fine.
Oh, I see, it makes more sense now
My problem with this game was that it "not responding" during blackscreens, usually from what I know it's due to a lack of memory.
So I made windows allocate more virtual memory and I put the game on the SSD (I had little space so I didn't put it there before, and I didn't imagine it would happen). It really mitigated the problem haha

Reactions: john1230

MinXe

Dec 19, 2020
sorry for the spam, i was replaying and i tried to do the homework path without blackmailing rebecca. I saw it in the thread and they said there was this path but I didn't understand, when I go to her room she says she's busy and that's it

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
sorry for the spam, i was replaying and i tried to do the homework path without blackmailing rebecca. I saw it in the thread and they said there was this path but I didn't understand, when I go to her room she says she's busy and that's it
Unfortunately you have to blackmail her otherwise you'll lock yourself out of progression further down the line with other characters and can't finish the game.

You have to follow the walkthrough while playing the game as it's very linearly written by KST. Deviating from the walkthrough can lock you out, hell even following the walkthrough can lock you out but you stand a better chance following it step by step.

Good luck.

Reactions: MinXe

sadopandoria

Oct 10, 2022
I need an elaboration on the Kira part. She is never ever in the locker room. She only stays in the hallway where she rejects me instantly. Am i supposed to stay in the shower ?

326. The next day after school go inside the school. Go to the locker room and catch Kira there.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
I need an elaboration on the Kira part. She is never ever in the locker room. She only stays in the hallway where she rejects me instantly. Am i supposed to stay in the shower ?

326. The next day after school go inside the school. Go to the locker room and catch Kira there.
Did you catch her in the locker room before you are supposed to?

Basically when you see her in the hall way you talk to her and she ignores you and time move on to the next hour, if she is still in the hall way talk to her until she is not there anymore and then move to the locker room.

Or

When you go back into the school and she is not standing there in the hall way, you move to the locker room.

when you are in the locker room and you get a message that someone is in the shower, you have to move back to the hallway and then go to the locker room until she is there as it's random chance if she is changing there.

You can also reset her locker room location by using the cheat mod.

Can't remember the exact variable name that controls her locker location but should be "Kira locker" or something like that.

If the variable is "1" or "2" you need to set it to "0", if it's "true" you need to set it to "false"

求中文版
你需要用英語寫作.
You need to write in English

嘗試使用 XUnity 自動翻譯器
Try using XUnity Auto Translator

Last edited:
Reactions: 左輪龐

karlos37

Jan 19, 2020
Hello, just want to ask you guys for help i use MacBook Pro m1 version and i paid patreon of kst guy and downloaded the twist game and seaside mystery game and i cant play both of them.. the twist game starts very slowly but starts but i cant start new game or load the game or basicallly i cant even click on settings.. it feels just frozen… i dont know what is the issue… i used to play this game like 2 years ago and all was fine…. Also the seaside mystery i cant even start it when i tried look for folders where should be saves or something they are not in the users/ user.. so its really weird the seaside mystery i tried use this code to run it
beast@Karel-MBP ~ % xattr -cr SeasideMystery221.app
xattr: No such file: SeasideMystery221.app
beast@Karel-MBP ~ %
I also have issue with Peasant quest but all other games work for me just fine…

i am really sorry to disturb but if anyone know how to fix it or what should i do i would be really thankfuk…

thank you guys

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hello, just want to ask you guys for help i use MacBook Pro m1 version and i paid patreon of kst guy and downloaded the twist game and seaside mystery game and i cant play both of them.. the twist game starts very slowly but starts but i cant start new game or load the game or basicallly i cant even click on settings.. it feels just frozen… i dont know what is the issue… i used to play this game like 2 years ago and all was fine…. Also the seaside mystery i cant even start it when i tried look for folders where should be saves or something they are not in the users/ user.. so its really weird the seaside mystery i tried use this code to run it
beast@Karel-MBP ~ %

i am really sorry to disturb but if anyone know how to fix it or what should i do i would be really thankfuk…

thank you guys
This is the thread for The Twist. Seaside mystery has its own thread. Better ask over there.
I'll give you this advice though: don't mess around with the Terminal if you don't know what you're doing. At least make a duplicate of the file you're trying to modify first.

karlos37

Jan 19, 2020
This is the thread for The Twist. Seaside mystery has its own thread. Better ask over there.
I'll give you this advice though: don't mess around with the Terminal if you don't know what you're doing. At least make a duplicate of the file you're trying to modify first.

Well i also have issue with the twist :(( thats why i wrote it here

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
beast@Karel-MBP ~ %

thank you guys
I can't offer any help since I'm a Windows user, plus you have PBS666 responding and he is way less bitchy than I am.

I just want to know how much RAM you have in your mac book?

• Haha
Reactions: PBS666

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Well i also have issue with the twist :(( thats why i wrote it here
OK. But to avoid confusion and making things more complex, I'll talk only about The Twist here. Some of it might apply to the other game as well.
For starters, the save files are to be found in ~/Library/Application Support/unity.KsTgames.The Twist
This game runs fine on its highest settings on my M1 MBP with 16GB RAM , provided I use the right resolution (meaning same as my screen resolution).
Hold the Option key when starting the game to bring up the settings screen before the game starts.
Keep in mind this game is not efficiently optimised, to put it mildly. Expect long loading times between scenes/areas.

You don't need to modify the file's permissions or quarantine status here, because your game does start.
But just in case, I recommend reading this post carefully as it might be useful for Seaside Mystery: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-twist-v1-0-0-52-1-cracked-kst.1282/post-8401220

Reactions: john1230

Burt Reynolds

Nov 10, 2017
I was having issues with trying to steal the necklace, and double, triple, quadruple checked that i did all the right steps.

What ended up working was just clicking the right side of the shelf below the tv, despite not actually seeing any box there and it brought up the dialogue. Hope this helps someone who had the same issue!

Reactions: MinXe and PBS666

karlos37

Jan 19, 2020
OK. But to avoid confusion and making things more complex, I'll talk only about The Twist here. Some of it might apply to the other game as well.
For starters, the save files are to be found in ~/Library/Application Support/unity.KsTgames.The Twist
This game runs fine on its highest settings on my M1 MBP with 16GB RAM , provided I use the right resolution (meaning same as my screen resolution).
Hold the Option key when starting the game to bring up the settings screen before the game starts.
Keep in mind this game is not efficiently optimised, to put it mildly. Expect long loading times between scenes/areas.

You don't need to modify the file's permissions or quarantine status here, because your game does start.
But just in case, I recommend reading this post carefully as it might be useful for Seaside Mystery: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-twist-v1-0-0-52-1-cracked-kst.1282/post-8401220
thanks mate well i have been playing this game like 2 years ago with no probs my ram is 8gb can i write you direct message and ask you for help :) ?

3.40 star(s) 156 Votes