zweldass

Oct 15, 2017
Is it possible to transfer the save that I have on the current computer onto a new one? Or do I have to start afresh again?

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Is it possible to transfer the save that I have on the current computer onto a new one? Or do I have to start afresh again?
You don't need to start again! Save files are located at:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\KsTgames\The Twist\
Just copy all PlayerInfo?.dat files from your old computer to the new one.

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
There could be anomalies in certain scenes. Most are due to an imprecise collision system that is usually the result of a faulty renderer in the Display Adapter that crashes due to ram constraints or bad collision detection. When two renderers can't deal with each other they crash and as a result the game crashes too!

Just to clarify here....
There are many factors involved and so many variables!

1. First - The quality setting really only affects the shader and polygon systems both in numbers and type used to render the game. A lower quality Display card usually has fewer shaders it can use than more expensive cards and some just can't handle a high number of polygons without choking. An Older card may have less sophisticated shaders and too little ram available which requires you to lower quality to use them instead of the more modern types that newer cards have.
  2. Second - Those quality settings mostly talk to (and actions are determined by) the driver installed for your video card. The Driver determines what Ultra quality is for your card as much as the game does. It also tells the system which version of DirectX is supported by the Video card. This is why older drivers sometimes need upgrading to reflect and work to make proper renders. And these drivers are written to support a very specific set of DirectX because their card can only support that version when they are released. Many GPU manf will update their drivers to allow DirectX to fallback to a lower version without breaking.
  3. Third - The version of DirectX (for Windows users) varies depending on the Operating system you are running. This is why when you install a AAA game title it almost always installs the latest version of DirectX (or at least checks that you have the latest without installing anything if you do) so they can insure the DirectX you have is compatible with their rendering engine. As of Windows 10 the current release of DirectX is DX12. Win7 and Win8 both supported DX11 and Vista and Below could support DX10 at best. Yes you could update the DirectX on those systems but the drivers for the Display adapters rarely were updated for these older outdated Operating systems to take advantage of any of it. And this is also why everyone had to check the compatibility of your hardware before installing Windows10 as some hardware just wasn't ever going to work if it was too old to support the latest system.
  4. And Finally - The video card you have is designed and engineered to support a particular version of DirectX. Buy a card today and you are almost guaranteed that it will be DirectX 12 compatible (unless you are buying an old remaining stock cheapo). There are really only three things you need to really look for when buying a Display adapter. What version of DirectX is supported, what slot you have available to stick it in (they come in both PCI-E and Mini PCI-E flavors) and what price range you are looking for. You can find DX12 cards for less than $100 and you can spend as much a $500 for a Monster GPU with tons of Ram and more shaders than 1000 versions of the Twist could ever use! The more you spend the longer it will be before you will have to upgrade it again. But I would rather upgrade to a $100-150 card two or three times to keep up with the DirectX support than spend $500 for a card that in 4 years could be incapable of DirectX 14 if and when it comes out.

So what does all that mean?

1. First is to make sure you have the latest driver for your Display Adapter and are totally up to date. Usually a new driver will also have the DirectX update you need to solve problems.
  2. Second, make sure your operating system isn't 10 years old! No one should be running anything older than Win7 these days and if you have Win8 well you get a free update to Win10 and Win10 is 10000 times better than 8! DO IT!
  3. Third check to see which version of DirectX is installed and make sure you have the latest.
  4. Finally If your computer and hardware has been your friend for the last 7 years it really is time to start thinking about a new computer or at least upgrading that Display Adapter to give the unit more life. CPUs do what CPUs have done since the days of Pentium I. The Display adapter, Ram type used and Slots/Ports available is the only thing that has really changed over the years. You should have a minimum of 4GBs of System Ram available in your computer to help your Display Adapter work. A PCI-E video card has it's own ram but will borrow system ram when it needs it. If you have less than 4GBs of system ram there won't be enough left over for the video card to borrow. You can buy a card that has more so it never has to borrow but it will cost more.
The Twist is unlike all those other games you play that have pre-rendered scenes that require your computer to display nothing more than a JPG image or images in rapid succession. It works and renders it's scene in the same way Doom or Far Cry does, totally inside the GPU you have installed. This is why there is no CGs and Galleries to be had in this game. How it looks is largely dependent on how good your Video Card can render it's 3D world. It may be less sophisticated of a 3D world than Doom or Far Cry but if it was as sophisticated as those you would need to buy an even more advanced card just to play it. Twist uses fewer polygons and shaders so it can be played on a greater variety of systems. But it does expect that the system that tries to play it is newer than something from 2008 which is going on 10 years old technology.
Wow! That post filled my soul! Respect man! That post definitely must be made sticky!

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
In short: "If your game crash, then your hardware sucks"

But yeah, he wrote a very informative wall of text. ;)
Actually....I recently met a guy who had issues with a brand new computer....
Spent $1500 on hardware and then decided to cripple it by putting Win98 on it because he thought it was better and didn't like Win10...

Virtually none of the hardware in his system had working drivers because no one who made a piece of hardware in his system had actually made any drivers for Win98. he had an nVidia card using Standard Display Adapter as his driver. So it isn't just hardware that causes all the issues here...It's dumb people who don't like NEW THINGS trying to make old things do stuff they couldn't which is why they created the new thing in the first place! LOL

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Actually....I recently met a guy who had issues with a brand new computer....
Spent $1500 on hardware and then decided to cripple it by putting Win98 on it because he thought it was better and didn't like Win10...

Virtually none of the hardware in his system had working drivers because no one who made a piece of hardware in his system had actually made any drivers for Win98. he had an nVidia card using Standard Display Adapter as his driver. So it isn't just hardware that causes all the issues here...It's dumb people who don't like NEW THINGS trying to make old things do stuff they couldn't which is why they created the new thing in the first place! LOL
HAHA, yeah, since MS released Win10 you hear that BS a lot. And the complaints against MS for not supporting a 15 Year old OS anymore.

I know it's not always the Hardware that causes issues, not installed (false) drivers, missing DLL's etc. are good problem makers too, not mentioning the person who uses the PC. XD

Reactions: AngelOfDeath

laotan123

May 28, 2018
HAHA, yeah, since MS released Win10 you hear that BS a lot. And the complaints against MS for not supporting a 15 Year old OS anymore.

I know it's not always the Hardware that causes issues, not installed (false) drivers, missing DLL's etc. are good problem makers too, not mentioning the person who uses the PC. XD
Please help me sir.
94. After you let Billy watch Jason with mom at the pool. At school he will offer 200$ for BJ from Jason's mom.
95. Go to bedroom, click on the nightstand on the right of the bed. You will find Sleeping mask.
I always can't get 200$. always 100$...
How should i trigger this scene?
And i can not find sleeping mask,what should i do?

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Please help me sir.
94. After you let Billy watch Jason with mom at the pool. At school he will offer 200$ for BJ from Jason's mom.
95. Go to bedroom, click on the nightstand on the right of the bed. You will find Sleeping mask.
I always can't get 200$. always 100$...
How should i trigger this scene?
And i can not find sleeping mask,what should i do?
Hi, the pictures you have posted saying that Billy already paid you 200$ for the BJ at the Pool, so you already must have the sleeping mask in your inventory and Billy must had his fun with Janice at the pool. Maybe you just clicked (smashed) all the text away in a rush?!

Reactions: AngelOfDeath

laotan123

May 28, 2018
Hi, the pictures you have posted saying that Billy already paid you 200$ for the BJ at the Pool, so you already must have the sleeping mask in your inventory and Billy must had his fun with Janice at the pool. Maybe you just clicked (smashed) all the text away in a rush?!
Thank you sir, i understand what i have to do.
You are so great!!!

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
Cliking whith left hand like a mad monkey, fapping whith right hand like (a mad monkey why not). Text flying at the speed of light... Know the feeling dude... That's why you should miss some of the storyline.

Reactions: laotan123

laotan123

May 28, 2018
Cliking whith left hand like a mad monkey, fapping whith right hand like (a mad monkey why not). Text flying at the speed of light... Know the feeling dude... That's why you should miss some of the storyline.
yes yes:eek:penedeyewink::closedtongue:

american

Apr 24, 2017
I just going to said one thing a pc and hardware upgrades and new graphic cards ok true it all good and correct to make in better but Dev make were if you want to play there games 2 choice 1) buy whole new system or god know how much for graphic card or 2)Buy some type of eyxpese program to add to old pc system from some and I don't mean all DEV

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I just going to said one thing a pc and hardware upgrades and new graphic cards ok true it all good and correct to make in better but Dev make were if you want to play there games 2 choice 1) buy whole new system or god know how much for graphic card or 2)Buy some type of eyxpese program to add to old pc system from some and I don't mean all DEV
Ya, as a dev you decide what devices your project supports. You can't get them all, even apps for mobile devices have Soft-/Hardware restrictions. Users without decent hardware/OS have to bite in the stale apple, buy new stuff, or don't play it.
Life is no Ponyfarm XD

american

Apr 24, 2017
Ya, as a dev you decide what devices your project supports. You can't get them all, even apps for mobile devices have Soft-/Hardware restrictions. Users without decent hardware/OS have to bite in the stale apple, buy new stuff, or don't play it.
Life is no Ponyfarm XD
Agree not be rude understand it way of life or business sense but most people see it as be robbery and not keep calm and see big pic like with only type of TV to HD today

Reactions: WICKEDp4th
3.40 star(s) 160 Votes