D

Deleted member 2738

What is your system specs?
I'll come back to this if the below methods don't work.

(Removed from quote so I don't spam)
I actually thought of trying older versions but didn't think it would make a difference.
Thanks, I'll try this.

(Removed from quote so I don't spam)
My hardware was decent about 5 years ago for gaming, but I'll try updating the drivers and use this post as a reference.
Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Asphyx

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
My hardware was decent about 5 years ago for gaming, but I'll try updating the drivers and use this post as a reference.
If your hardware was decent 5 years ago, it shouldn't have any problem running this game.

I'm judging that without knowing your OS, and that my current machine can run it with (so far) only one issue, and that's a black screen when trying to do Kira's content at the school, any time between after 21:00.
Most of the hardware in my machine is a lot older than 5 years, closer to ten. The graphics card is nearly five years old, and makes up for the rest of the machine's failings in age and capability.

My previous (older) card could still run The Twist, at least as far back as version 0.19, though I haven't tested on anything more recent... Too lazy;)

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
HAHA, yeah, since MS released Win10 you hear that BS a lot. And the complaints against MS for not supporting a 15 Year old OS anymore.

I know it's not always the Hardware that causes issues, not installed (false) drivers, missing DLL's etc. are good problem makers too, not mentioning the person who uses the PC. XD
My often used line to people when they ask what is wrong...
"It would appear your Operator is erroring out and unfortunately I don't have any spare operators I can give you."

I just going to said one thing a pc and hardware upgrades and new graphic cards ok true it all good and correct to make in better but Dev make were if you want to play there games 2 choice 1) buy whole new system or god know how much for graphic card or 2)Buy some type of eyxpese program to add to old pc system from some and I don't mean all DEV
There is a reason why every game and piece of software comes with a Minimal Specs listing on the side of every box.
If they tried to do what you suggest every game would look like it was made for the Atari 2600!
You want to drive a Model T that is your right....But don't try to take it on the Highway! It was never made for it. If you want to then you will have to upgrade the engine to modern standards!

american

Apr 24, 2017
My often used line to people when they ask what is wrong...
"It would appear your Operator is erroring out and unfortunately I don't have any spare operators I can give you."

There is a reason why every game and piece of software comes with a Minimal Specs listing on the side of every box.
If they tried to do what you suggest every game would look like it was made for the Atari 2600!
You want to drive a Model T that is your right....But don't try to take it on the Highway! It was never made for it. If you want to then you will have to upgrade the engine to modern standards!
I am not be rud or insult i see big pic and understand it myself just try to get other to understand that it something yyou must upgrade or what new buying to play better games or for best performs because game DEV are try mayke best but need to also get profit to

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
I'll come back to this if the below methods don't work.

I actually thought of trying older versions but didn't think it would make a difference.
Thanks, I'll try this.

Well what Video card is installed? That will be the key. As I said the CPU hasn't changed all that much so most issues gamers face are all related to the GPU they have.
Onboard Display is the #1 issue for most. Their solution is easy just add a good card.
Those with a good card can usually get away with just a driver update. Go the Manf site and get their drivers, don't rely on the Windows update drivers as they are usually out of date and awful.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
I am not be rud or insult i see big pic and understand it myself just try to get other to understand that it something yyou must upgrade or what new buying to play better games or for best performs because game DEV are try mayke best but need to also get profit to
It's not really about profit at all....The Devs don't know squat about hardware in most cases they know code.
It is the engine they use to code the game that really determines what specs are needed to render a game properly.
And they don't make the engine they just use an engine someone else made.

Their choice of what engine to use comes down to ease of coding and options available to them based on the libraries the engine provides them. They don't create the code that makes a menu that is a library that does it and all they have to do is code in what the menu item is called and where it takes you.

The profits will come 10 years from now when people who have not upgraded from a system they bought today can still play this game.

american

Apr 24, 2017
It's not really about profit at all....The Devs don't know squat about hardware in most cases they know code.
It is the engine they use to code the game that really determines what specs are needed to render a game properly.
And they don't make the engine they just use an engine someone else made.

Their choice of what engine to use comes down to ease of coding and options available to them based on the libraries the engine provides them. They don't create the code that makes a menu that is a library that does it and all they have to do is code in what the menu item is called and where it takes you.

The profits will come 10 years from now when people who have not upgraded from a system they bought today can still play this game.
Thank you now I more PC smart i though all time it was hardware ad programmiong glad to have you around my friend total respect

Trevords726

Jan 17, 2018
i am a bit stuck, i need to get a photo of the mum by the pool but she is always in the towel not on the sunbeds, how do i get her to appear on the sun bed to get the photo? Thanks for your help

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
My PC went I first got in window 7 was system and for 2 years ago upgrade it to window 10 and if I am right my pc is from 2007 or 8 and I can play Twist and latest update greatmy CPU is AMD Athlon II X2 Memmory card is DDR2 3 GB
Under Windows 10 you might want to think about upgrading to 4Gbs of System Ram. Windows 10 does eat a lot of it. And I can't remember if the Athlon II has their built in GPU...I know I have an AMD A10 that has the GPU built in to run it's onboard Display adapter that I use for my HTPC. I could easily play this game on it.

Reactions: american

padder

May 5, 2018
I seem unable to get Rachels score above 170. Now it has declined (to about 165) due to following her. I am pretty sure i missed the conversation betwean her and Janice, could that have anything to do with it? (Pretty sure i time skipped past it) Any tips would be welcome as the walkthrough doesn't help me solve my issue.

Reactions: Agungteguh27

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
I seem unable to get Rachels score above 170. Now it has declined (to about 165) due to following her. I am pretty sure i missed the conversation betwean her and Janice, could that have anything to do with it? (Pretty sure i time skipped past it) Any tips would be welcome as the walkthrough doesn't help me solve my issue.
yes, i missed Danniel conversation between Janice and her, too

Erfan

May 28, 2017
Try first.
Then try running The Twist on your mobile device.

If you can get it running that way, you don't need an android version, plus it's obvious your mobile device has over powered hardware for a mobile device.
not worked

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Do steps 278 - 284 from the walkthrough.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
BUT,
tbh he did that well ;)
People who not even willing to read the OP deserve nothing better...
I have no objection to either of these statements.

Carry on with the blessings of the righteous (they follow me on Twitter, for counter-intel I guess...).

Reactions: WICKEDp4th
3.40 star(s) 160 Votes