Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
The Two Sides of Love - MultiMod Edition
View attachment 1965025

Go get you some.
( simply click on the banner pic above )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
Mentions of a few that requested the port: aribba32 YoungSexyHarleyQuinn69
So let me get this straight... I didn't update SanchoMod for a "beta" version yesterday and get pulled from the OP?

Yeah, that doesn't smell like dirty laundry at all...

It's been almost a year and I'm supposed to have it all done in less than a day?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Special effects have been added. This improvement will break some old saves.
New game is recommended.
SanchoNote

Okay... I'm calling bullshit.

The only "special effects" added are just a few (less than half a dozen) linear image pans, nothing else.... zero. This is nothing and will never cause RenPy loading issues in and of itself.

So, what's causing your old saves to not load? Two reasons only:
  • The dev updated RenPy from R7 to R8. This almost ALWAYS alters RPYC files so the old load points no longer exist. This is when a dev does not port properly when moving to R8... and this dev didn't. If ported correctly the old RPYC data is mostly retained... but it's technical on how to do this properly, so most devs fail in this attempt. That's why it's not recommended to do so until a new "Season" or the VN is completed and a new one started.
  • There's over 700 grammatical "corrections" made at the end of Day3. This is a massive amount of alterations so any save near the end of the "update" will rollback like a maniac.
Other than that the only "new" content is Day4. All other differences are the dev trying to implement new features like a gallery and some stat info screens.

That's it in a nutshell. Trust me or not is up to you but I'm confident I know exactly what I'm talking about and in full transparency will not bullshit you intentionally. The "special effects improvement" is not the cause of breaking "some old saves". The poor porting to RenPy v8 and the massive amount of grammatical "corrections" are the only true cause.

Regards.... and moderators please stop pulling my mods from VN OPs. How are folks to know it exists? I cannot update a mod as massive as SanchoMod in one day most of the time... it has way too many features for that to be humanly possible even with me working 16+ hours a day everyday.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yes I didn't even know you had a mod for this game, and no offense to the other mod, but fuck having to extract rpa files.

Reactions: WhateverDudez

oplala

Oct 13, 2022
SanchoNote

The only "special effects" added are just a few (less than half a dozen) linear image pans, nothing else.... zero. This is nothing and will never cause RenPy loading issues in and of itself.

• The dev updated RenPy from R7 to R8. This almost ALWAYS alters RPYC files so the old load points no longer exist. This is when a dev does not port properly when moving to R8... and this dev didn't. If ported correctly the old RPYC data is mostly retained... but it's technical on how to do this properly, so most devs fail in this attempt. That's why it's not recommended to do so until a new "Season" or the VN is completed and a new one started.
  • There's over 700 grammatical "corrections" made at the end of Day3. This is a massive amount of alterations so any save near the end of the "update" will rollback like a maniac.
Other than that the only "new" content is Day4. All other differences are the dev trying to implement new features like a gallery and some stat info screens.

That's it in a nutshell. Trust me or not is up to you but I'm confident I know exactly what I'm talking about and in full transparency will not bullshit you intentionally. The "special effects improvement" is not the cause of breaking "some old saves". The poor porting to RenPy v8 and the massive amount of grammatical "corrections" are the only true cause.

Regards.... and moderators please stop pulling my mods from VN OPs. How are folks to know it exists? I cannot update a mod as massive as SanchoMod in one day most of the time... it has way too many features for that to be humanly possible even with me working 16+ hours a day everyday.
Respect for that!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes I didn't even know you had a mod for this game, and no offense to the other mod, but fuck having to extract rpa files.
Yeah, it's buried in my sig 1685718860129.png
My sig just can't link to all the mods they pull... I'm only allowed 10 hyperlinks then no more.

I've nothing against other mods at all (as long as they aren't ripping me off of course). I believe ALL mods available should be listed since site members are all big boys and girls and can choose for themselves what they wish to use or not use. They can't make an informed choice though if the choices are not listed. But that's a story for another day and another place I reckon.

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
SanchoNote

Thank you for your efforts. Regarding the old saves issue, there was no intent to bs anyone. Not everyone understands renpy as well as you. If you have better insight as to how to avoid the old save compatibility issues, and feel motivated to help us understand, we'd be more than happy to hear from you.(y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your efforts. Regarding the old saves issue, there was no intent to bs anyone. Not everyone understands renpy as well as you. If you have better insight as to how to avoid the old save compatibility issues, and feel motivated to help us understand, we'd be more than happy to hear from you.(y)
Well the OP clearly states: " Special effects have been added. This improvement will break some old saves. " so that's what I was going off of. No one playing the VN has a save broken due to 6 new image pans and a coded rain animation.

And I do have some "insight as to how to avoid old save compatibility issues" - don't update a VN's base RenPy version without properly migrating the original RPYC files.

I'm not being a smartass, I'm just giving the facts. Folks are welcome to read them or ignore them of course. Otherwise I gotta get back to coding this update. Regards.

• Haha
Reactions: Darth Sidious

disp_acc

Jul 18, 2022
It seems someone forgot the link to the Linux version? Was able to find a link to a compressed version for it in the thread but would prefer the "full" version.

UPDATE: Starting up the compressed Linux version I noticed that it's a beta version which I somehow missed in the thread. Guess the Linux regular version will be available with the final release.

Last edited:

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
SanchoNote

Save us Sancho! You're our only hope!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Save us Sancho! You're our only hope!
Sorry bud... I may be able to keep some older saves out of the trash bin with some RenPy tricks but... it's probably for not.

The main reason: In day one there's a menu choice that is the same content, same dialogue but now awards +10 Juli relp and that might be important later. I mention this since that is the first day of the VN so I reckon everyone should simply start a fresh playthrough regardless. I'd automatically give you the relp but there was no variable in that choice for me to condition against... there's no way for me to know if anyone previously made that choice or not... so therefore I can't fix that.

Ibadez38

Jan 21, 2021
I've never seen such ridiculous animations. It's a pity that the developer wasted his time making animations when it's clearly not his strong point. I enjoyed the first two chapters, because there wasn't too much animation, but this chapter 3 has way too much.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Sorry bud... I may be able to keep some older saves out of the trash bin with some RenPy tricks but... it's probably for not.

The main reason: In day one there's a menu choice that is the same content, same dialogue but now awards +10 Juli relp and that might be important later. I mention this since that is the first day of the VN so I reckon everyone should simply start a fresh playthrough regardless. I'd automatically give you the relp but there was no variable in that choice for me to condition against... there's no way for me to know if anyone previously made that choice or not... so therefore I can't fix that.
Ah fair enough, I always enjoyed the Julissa scenes the most. Let's see what else has changed (y)

Reactions: Sancho1969
4.00 star(s) 44 Votes