dark.knight48

Dec 2, 2017
Holy shit man, I didnt know that list all variables as possible (this change many things in many games ;)).
Do you know if there is a way to see the current value of a variable?
Extract attached rpy file in renpy\common folder of any renpy game and by pressing SHIFT + D you will get variable viewer and by pressing SHIFT + 0 you will get console

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
Extract attached rpy file in renpy\common folder of any renpy game and by pressing SHIFT + D you will get variable viewer and by pressing SHIFT + 0 you will get console
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on anything computer related, but what does that mean? Variable viewer or console.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on anything computer related, but what does that mean? Variable viewer or console.
Basically, the console is for dev use/debugging, but for users it's to cheat.

The variable viewer lets you see all the different variables that you can use to cheat, and what you'll need to type into the console.

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
Basically, the console is for dev use/debugging, but for users it's to cheat.

The variable viewer lets you see all the different variables that you can use to cheat, and what you'll need to type into the console.
Ok, it sounds way out of my league but thank you for letting me know.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Ok, it sounds way out of my league but thank you for letting me know.
It's really not out of your league.

To begin with, it's just trial & error. To avoid problems, make a save at the point before you start messing with variables.
You won't do any "damage" to anything prior to that point, and it's a place that you can go back to in the unlikely event you miraculously "break" your gameplay;)

Reactions: Snomiser

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
It's really not out of your league.

To begin with, it's just trial & error. To avoid problems, make a save at the point before you start messing with variables.
You won't do any "damage" to anything prior to that point, and it's a place that you can go back to in the unlikely event you miraculously "break" your gameplay;)
Nice, I'll have to give it a shot. I'm always seeing people posting things about programming or something and think to myself " what the hell is that " so maybe working with something I can't break will be a good spot to learn, again thx.

SmashYB69

May 18, 2018
Ok I know how to be a gang member but when I give the drugs to the girl at the subway bit after that I can't do it cause the exclamation mark doesn't pop up again so what do I do

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Ok I know how to be a gang member but when I give the drugs to the girl at the subway bit after that I can't do it cause the exclamation mark doesn't pop up again so what do I do
Are you going at the right time?
Make sure you're going there at 7/8 in the morning.

U

User_17502

Rebalancing this relationship system is a real pain. But I think people will find the game easier to play and their choices more rewarding. What do you think about a relationship gain or loss at the time of interaction rather than at the end of the night?

Reactions: Tilasair

RockenRoller

May 5, 2018
I wouldn't know which be better, i think at the end of the day really sorta makes you have to think more ahead, compared to interaction. but that's just me, makes for a good topic of discussion!

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
0.41, the Basement is not at all accessible...I mean, the slot itself is not accessible for me. Earlier I could access it, but it was locked, but now the slot when clicked take me to parent's bedroom.
Also, I was able to deliver the first packet, but now, I am unable to. I get the packet from dad, but there is no option for delivery when I visit the subway on tuesday/thursday 7-8 AM

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
Hmm, is it just my imagination or did the dev update his first game "My Legacy" faster?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Hmm, is it just my imagination or did the dev update his first game "My Legacy" faster?
Although I can't recall the frequency of updates, he did use a similar method (effectively "half updates") of releasing a two "smaller" updates as opposed to a single "larger" update each time.

One thing to remember though, My Legacy was a significantly smaller scale game.
-Less characters
-Less locations
-Less variables

The grander the scale, the more time required, and The Tyrant is already grander scale, with reworks and expansion of initial ideas and mechanics.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Although I can't recall the frequency of updates, he did use a similar method (effectively "half updates") of releasing a two "smaller" updates as opposed to a single "larger" update each time.

One thing to remember though, My Legacy was a significantly smaller scale game.
-Less characters
-Less locations
-Less variables

The grander the scale, the more time required, and The Tyrant is already grander scale, with reworks and expansion of initial ideas and mechanics.
The main difference between these games is that while My Legacy was mostly a linear VN with some sandbox elements and yes, a lot less characters, The Tyrant is a sandbox.

Dinka

May 15, 2018
So... 9 months later is it now time to admit that what this dev is really good at is writing a game description? Because the people who are still excited about this are still excited about the description, not about the content. Because its 9 months later and there's still almost no content. Just the option to watch the same 10 or so set pieces ad nauseam. All grind, no goodies. This is not a sandbox its a gallery... with very nearly nothing in it. His other game is the same way, about 1/3 of what even a half-assed dev would put in a game, but no, its complete, here you go. Sponsor me! I think this guy likes to call himself a game developer, but actually doesn't care much for the process of developing games. Oh. He is really good at one other thing: he's so good at RPGM games, he managed to make one with Ren'py.

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes